So lets see. I have a £150 budget, and i'm looking to extend my electric guitar collection. Atm i have:
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 (With dean seymour pickups)
Custom Frankenstrat i made (with an amazing p-90) :P

So, i'm willing to buy off ebay. Basically i'm looking for a guitar with decent pickups ( a must), looks good, although i'm not bothered about the condition as long as it makes up for it in performance. It will be my main gigging guitar so, it might have to be used without a back-up. Preferably, a well known, good reputation make, but i'm not TOO fussy.

Even a recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about the bit of an essay. Much love.

- Hannah
xx
Yamaha pacifica
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
have a look for an ibanez they're very good value for money especially on the used market, but you may struggle to find anything for £150 though
Quote by 5kuzgib
Yamaha pacifica

+1

I love my Pacifica - probably one of the best sounding and most versatile guitars in its price range.

However if youre looking for a gigging guitar id go second hand. Have a hunt around eBay etc...

Good luck!!
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
Well, if you want my opinion you'd be better off saving up that money for a better guitar. The only half-decent guitar I can think of for that price is the Yamaha Pacifica. Save up your money and you can get a great guitar.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Yamaha Pacifa is great, but I'd suggest saving more and getting a used guitar. For $500, you can get something great used.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Pacifica is a strat right... damn, maybe i should of mentioned, i pretty much hate strats! Aha. But i'm still open to non-strat suggestions :P
Why hate the strats? I take it's the shape? Serious, Yamaha Pacifica 112j.

But if you don't want it, then I'm not sure what to suggest..
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
Yeah basically it's just the shape, i find them uncomfortable. I really like the look of the Washburn though... hmm.
Look into Vintage. They're a really good brand and most of their normal guitars come in under £200 new. Their Vintage Advance series is really stupidly good for the money and some of those models come in around £200 new (though most of the Advance models are about £250-£300). If you found one second hand it should definitely be about the £150 range for an Advance model. The basic Vintage models are good platforms to build off of with later upgrades while the Vintage Advance series don't really need upgrades at all and are about as good as you can get for the under £600 mark. I really can't recommend them enough, keep an eye out for second hand Vintage Advance models or think about saving another £50 or so and getting a new one.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Not sure how much they are atm, but look in to tokais.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
£150? I'd look for a decent spec 80's Ibanez, Washburn or Kramer. You can pick a really decent guitar up for around £100 if you're willing to wait for the right one, and do the research to find out what models are being advertised. Find the crappy ads where they haven't put much info and find out what model it is and whether its worth bothering with by doing your own research.
I second Vintage.
As you're a greenday fan this might tickle your fancy: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71399

I've got personal experiance with one of these:
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/68737
They're pretty good.

I'd suggest Vintage's strats but your tastes haven't matured past the "Starter guitars are mainly strat looking therefore strats are bad" stage.

Though as you already have two guitars, which you can use for now (I'm sure if you are regularly gigging it won't be any massive sets so you can settle with those two for now) I'd suggest saving up to at least £300, then spending that on a better guitar.
Well I just bought a Squier Classic Vibe strat for £150 off eBay, but you don't like strats, so I dunno.

Vintage?
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I second Vintage.
As you're a greenday fan this might tickle your fancy: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71399

I've got personal experiance with one of these:
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/68737
They're pretty good.

I'd suggest Vintage's strats but your tastes haven't matured past the "Starter guitars are mainly strat looking therefore strats are bad" stage.

Though as you already have two guitars, which you can use for now (I'm sure if you are regularly gigging it won't be any massive sets so you can settle with those two for now) I'd suggest saving up to at least £300, then spending that on a better guitar.

Hey thanks that helped, i'm looking into vintage now and tbh you hit the nail on the head with the strat thing, although maturing is not a thing i plan to do in the near future, in whatever field it may be. But for the record i do find them very uncomfortable. :P

And i do like lp jnrs, but thing with the vintage ones, i'm not sure you can put a p-90 in them, which i would want to do, as i'm not sure the stock pickup will cut it.
Also no there not massive sets, it's usually 5-6 songs most weekends so i guess my poor battered eppy will have to take it for now.
Thanks for all the stuff guys! Anymore advice will be welcomed with open virtual arms.

- Hannah
take a look at Corts, theyre good, cheap and underrated guitars
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

I think, i have just found the bargain of the century.

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Alpine White. + Hard Case. £150 =]
where from?
doubt its genuine tbh, they go for about £450-500
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

It is genuine =]

It's a friend deal! She realllly wants to get rid of it, AND she won't use ebay. So i'm sorted. Thanks for all the advice though guys!

- Hannah
There's a beautiful Thinline on Gumtree at the moment which is made up of Fender USA and Mighty Mite parts for 200 quid. You won't beat that.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay