'ello GG & A forumers,

I have a question for you all. What would be a good wah pedal for a jazz band? I'm looking to freshen up one of our songs with a wah sound. I'd like to go for a sound that sounds nice on clean, like... the Shaft theme . The wah would be primarily used with clean and light gain. However, the ability to pull off searing high pitched Metallica-esque wah would be nice , but not necessary.

As for a budget, I'm looking to not go above $150. Ideally, it'd be priced around $100 or lower, but I could scrounge up to $150 if the sound is worth it.

Any recommendations based on that? Any help is much appreciated .

Thanks!
- ATB
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

get yourself a crybaby wah, and mod it to you likings using:

I did it with my Vox wah... greatest thing I ever did. Turned an 80$ pedal into the equivalent of a truly expensive boutique pedal. And it should only run you 15-30$ on top of the $80 it costs for the pedal (thus keeping you within your price range).

The modding is fairly easy, all you need is moderate soldering skills and a decent enough guide/photo. Took me maybe 2hrs (but i threw in a special switch to control my foxrox fuzz buffer)
    what gear are you going to be using with this wah?
    Quote by theGlitch
    get yourself a crybaby wah, and mod it to you likings using:

I did it with my Vox wah... greatest thing I ever did. Turned an 80$ pedal into the equivalent of a truly expensive boutique pedal. And it should only run you 15-30$ on top of the $80 it costs for the pedal (thus keeping you within your price range).

The modding is fairly easy, all you need is moderate soldering skills and a decent enough guide/photo. Took me maybe 2hrs (but i threw in a special switch to control my foxrox fuzz buffer)

i agree with this entirely. however, if you don't feel like going the mod route, try to find on of the old '90s Jimi hendrix Wahs.
      Quote by patriotplayer90
      Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
      Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
      Quote by Jhachey22
      what gear are you going to be using with this wah?
      Fender Squier Deluxe Strat through a Crate Flexwave (?) 65 watt solid state combo amp. Unfortunately, I don't think the modding route would be best for me, as I have little to no soldering experience...

I've also had recommendations to check out Morley. How are they?
      Quote by soccermom
      The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
      BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

morleys are not bad. i'd recommend either the morley classic wah or the vox wah
      periphery/bulb!

gear:
      Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
      Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
      Quote by AboveTheBridge
      Fender Squier Deluxe Strat through a Crate Flexwave (?) 65 watt solid state combo amp. Unfortunately, I don't think the modding route would be best for me, as I have little to no soldering experience...

I've also had recommendations to check out Morley. How are they?

Morley are more suited to heavier styles, IMO. i'll admit the swtichless-ness is convinient, though.
      Quote by patriotplayer90
      Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
      Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.