Yes, it's me AGAIN.
I finally decided what i'm getting, because i realized that what i wanted was pretty much unlikely to exist.

Budget : 800$ top
24 frets
SCREAMING NECK PICKUP (like steve vai or dragonforce)
High Output pickups
NO TREMOLO
New
Really HUGE cutaway
GOBS of sustain

Tones I like:
Steve Vai
John Petrucci
Ryan Leitru (for today)
Last edited by IHeartMyCrybaby at Nov 30, 2009,
Ibanez RG w/ pickup swap?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Any shape preferences?
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by SPBY
Ibanez RG w/ pickup swap?

I think they all have tremolo, I might be wrong though

Quote by sw1ss023
Any shape preferences?

Not really. I just need the specs I wrote before, not into BR00TALZ shapes like Dean and BC Rich. But V's and explorers are all right I guess
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
I think they all have tremolo, I might be wrong though

Not really. I just need the specs I wrote before, not into BR00TALZ shapes like Dean and BC Rich. But V's and explorers are all right I guess

They make fixed bridge model RG's,the RGA series .

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by SPBY
they also have the fixed bridge RG series, which is what i was referring to

http://ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/Series-rg_fixed

I forgot the word "and" in that post

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I've been completely anti-hardtail since I discovered the tremol-no a few years back.

I don't know all about mid-level guitars, but Schecter or ESP couldn't disappoint too much, and then there is always Ibanez or Cort or whatever else. Go to stores and play them.

I don't understand why you think you have some intense criteria to meet. 24 frets (or as Guthrie would say you don't want a grown-ups guitar) and high output pickups (easily swapped out anyway), and no trem...there are a lot of friggin guitars that meet your criteria you need to play them and pick one out, buy a good one (a specific one) as QC isn't dependable for all these Korean guitars within your price range.
-Mike
Last edited by HopePoisoned at Nov 30, 2009,
ESP Ltd H deluxe models are seriously good. get one with seymour duncans, or with EMGs both are very high output pickups only difference is that the EMGs are active. they also have very good upper fret access to all 24 frets. i've got an older one, the H-1000 they make the H-1001 currently, and it has never let me down. mine was about £700 so it should be well under your budget of $800
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by HopePoisoned
I've been completely anti-hardtail since I discovered the tremol-no a few years back.

I don't know all about mid-level guitars, but Schecter or ESP couldn't disappoint too much, and then there is always Ibanez or Cort or whatever else. Go to stores and play them.

I don't understand why you think you have some intense criteria to meet. 24 frets (or as Guthrie would say you don't want a grown-ups guitar) and high output pickups (easily swapped out anyway), and no trem...there are a lot of friggin guitars that meet your criteria you need to play them and pick one out, buy a good one (a specific one) as QC isn't dependable for all these Korean guitars within your price range.

I said that because at first i wanted a no tremolo H/S/H guitar
What's tremol-no and how does it works?
I don't want to swap pickups, it might be easily where you live, but here i have to wait a month a pay shipping
Plus there are no music stores here anymore.

Quote by SPBY
well... the neck thru models should give you good sustain, and a pickup swap should run you around another 150-200 so... it should

It would be pretty much the same thing I own right now, I'd rather change pickups to my current guitar and save 600$
Last edited by IHeartMyCrybaby at Nov 30, 2009,
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
^ So are you people sure that guitars meet ALL my requirements?

well... the neck thru models should give you good sustain, and a pickup swap should run you around another 150-200 so... it should

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY

**** it, I'm just gonna change my pickups..
What pickups should I get? The Air Norton sounds really good but it's way too fat for my taste. I need something with a huge harmonic response, something that screams on all the leads I do. Something Vai-ish Dragonforce-ish (lead tone, hate the band though) but their leads really scream and sound alive (are garbage though)
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
**** it, I'm just gonna change my pickups..
What pickups should I get? The Air Norton sounds really good but it's way too fat for my taste. I need something with a huge harmonic response, something that screams on all the leads I do. Something Vai-ish Dragonforce-ish (lead tone, hate the band though) but their leads really scream and sound alive (are garbage though)

DiMarzio evo's

I love Suhr SSH+ and SSV combo, personally. I'm putting them shits in my Carvin I love them so. Similar would be the Doug Aldrich pickups, which are just slightly hotter (slightly, mind you) and I've heard they have a bit more upper-mids (which might be to your liking); everyone I know who has them has stuck with them and says they're some of the best high-gain pickups they've used (as they are high gain, but clean up real purdy and are responsive like the SSH+/SSV combo, I've heard).

You can't go wrong with Andersons either, and a lot of people rave about Bare Knuckle Pickups but I've never used them personally. There are a lot of good options, though...

...Behold: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=950856&content=music

I personally don't much care for Tone Zones or Evos. I still have a guitar with JB/59s around; not bad at all, the JB is real mid heavy, but that can really help tone scream and help stick you out in the mix.
-Mike
Last edited by HopePoisoned at Nov 30, 2009,
You sound like you know what you're talking about, so I trust what you say. However, I couldn't really find any good clip, and those clips in the link you posted sound all the same, really muddy and ugly.

I want a Evo-ish tone, but with not a common pickup, not Bareknuckles because it's gonna cost me LOADS of money. (shipping and because of the currency)