http://www.themusicking.co.uk/tokai-alc53-black-custom-les-paul-style

Im looking to buy an LP copy of some kind, my budget is (or will be after chrstmas) around £300. Ive heard good things about Tokai and managed to play one of these a little while back, only for a couple of minutes though so i didnt really get a feel for it.

Ive also heard that theres a big difference between MIJ and MIC Tokai's, is this true? Im guessing the ALC53 is MIC, so will i be wasting my money?
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
Quote by Dio10101
Rondomusic.com Now.

he live in the uk not the us. ts you could always look at vintage they are wffectivly the european version of agile
^^ rondomusic.com makes AMAZING instruments. Check out the any of the agiles start at page 8 I think.
It should be good.

Quote by britishsligean
he live in the uk not the us. ts you could always look at vintage they are wffectivly the european version of agile

I always had this idea that Tokai were the European Agile?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
It should be good.

I always had this idea that Tokai were the European Agile?

tokai are more the japanese version that have global succes, i've heard they're japanese made ones are supposed to be as good as a gibson that is 3 times it's price
Quote by barfrog

Ive also heard that theres a big difference between MIJ and MIC Tokai's, is this true? Im guessing the ALC53 is MIC, so will i be wasting my money?

yes, it's true. I dunno about wasting your money, the couple of MIC ones I've tried have been no better or worse than similarly-priced guitars, but the MIJ ones are in a whole different league. The MIJ ones are like Gibson with a QC department (in my opinion).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?