It's nearly impossible for me to bend my pinky finger without the ring finger moving with it.

I can bend my ring finger independently, but if I try bending the pinky the ring finger just bends right with it. Am I weird or is this normal?

(If it helps, I've been playing for a while now -- 3 years. This is the first I've noticed this, so if it's normal, sorry for being retarded, freaking out, and making a pointless thread instead of using the search function. XD)
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

i broke my right hand so it's like that for me. but my left(shred hand) i can move every finger independently. stretching exercises help
normal?! my teacher and me do it like this. and he playes for over 15 years and is damn ****ing good.
Do you mean, you can't bend your pinky while playing guitar without moving your ring finger, or just moving your pinky normally? Cause I can bend my pinky without moving my ring finger normally
Its normal. Mine does it as well. Although it doesn't affect my playing. When I'm playing my fingers don't bend enough to cause issues. But If I just set here and try to bend my pinky without moving my ring finger I can't.
This is normal. I forget the anatomical reasoning behind it but most people are like this.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Its pretty normal but you can do something about it - watch freepower's finger independence video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvhZ80OsuTQ

My pinkie on my fretting hand will do pretty much what I tell it to now, but my pinkie on my other hand just goes everywhere with my ring finger lol So you can train it to behave
Quote by Nevermind1299
Do you mean, you can't bend your pinky while playing guitar without moving your ring finger, or just moving your pinky normally? Cause I can bend my pinky without moving my ring finger normally

Basically, I can play guitar with my first three fingers (index, middle, ring) easy. No problem at all. But the instant I start trying to use the pinky, my ring finger starts messing up because I'm trying to fret one fret with the pinky and another with the ring finger. So the ring finger bends with the pinky and messes up the chord I would be trying to play.

tl;dr chords with pinky finger are really hard for me because the ring finger moves with the pinky and messes me up.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

it is a problem for my right hand. playing chords with m left hand is easy as pie. so is picking; however, my right ring finger always moves when my pinky moves, making some easy chords impossible. I doubt there is any way to prevent it. Most likely at least one of your hands will be like this. You could possibly switch from right to left, or however you currently play, or you can just try different ways to put on chords.

For example, there are a few ways t play an open G

e a d g b e
3 2 0 0 3 3
m i 0 0 r p

this one is pretty easy even if your fingers move together

e a d g b e
3 2 0 0 0 3
m i 0 0 0 p/r

this one is an easy alternative if your fingers move together

e a d g b e
3 2 0 0 0 3
r m 0 0 0 p

this is the hard one. in order to play this one, you have to put your ring finger down before your pinky. trying to do th opposite just doesn't work lol

that's basically the solution for any other chords like this. if your ring finger is on lower strings than your pinky, you'll have to put it down first