Hi guys, I fixed the wiring in my buddy's old Harmony guitar a few weeks ago, it was fun and cool. I didn't want any kind of payment for it so instead he gave me a broken Overdrive Pedal. I am very happy with that deal. Its a KMD Overdrive, and as far as I can tell, its Japanese from the early 90's.

I opened it up and one of the two wires going to the switch was lose, I reconnected it and now I get a very thin signal through it, but no switching and the LED doesn't come on.

I'm not super experienced with this stuff so I'd love to know how to start troubleshooting it. All the solder joints are solid as far as I can tell, so beyond that, I don't know what to do with it.

If anyone's got some advice I'd love to hear it. Thanks.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
pics.

idk if that pedal has an IC, but it sounds like one is dead, if it has one. this has happened to me lots of times and tbh i have no idea how to fix it. i only fixed it once and that was by replacing both ICs (it was a spinning speaker simulator).
I can't get pics right now, however, as i opened it up, I found that same wire detached again... maybe I just did a terrible job soldering it last time and its never been connected. cause that might explain away all my problems if I just screwed up that joint. I'll go patch it up and see what happens.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
one thing to do is to find a schematic and start using a multimeter to trace the signal from the input to the output. or start with power, make sure ICs and transistors and such are getting the right voltage. then have someone play while you test for a signal at different points. find the place where the signal stops and youve found your problem area. as jim said, an IC would be a good place to start looking for an issue. any caps that are obviously blown (black/brown spots, deformed) are also a good bet for a dead spot. pics would help, but just following the circuit with a multi-meter is something you can do without us seeing pics.