What would yall say are the best five string basses for playing all ranges of rock plus some praise and worship? Just curious, I doubt I'll get a new bass anytime soon. Price range of like $300 - $900.
Peavey has some nice 5's for circa $300
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
300 - 900?!?!

You might want to narrow down the price range a little, since the higher band of your budget is TRIPLE the lower band, there are a hell of a lot of instruments that fit into this spectrum, how much do you really want to spend?
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
You will go nuts trying to choose a bass within that broad price range. If you can spend $900.00, then you should. You'll get a better bass.
^^ Think that's the first time he's ever agreed with me as well.

^And yeah, generally speaking you get what you pay for, unless you happen to come across a used bargain.
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
Now if it were me, I would porbably leave the store with a Fender Deluxe Jazz, a G&L Tribute, or maybe even a Lakland Skyline.

And look used too, cuz your in used Warwick or Musicman territory.
if you find something you prefer for less though, get that.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I've got a Peavey BXP 5-string from guitar center that I can make sound great. Pickups are amazing. Knobs let you really get your sound how you want it. It cost about $650.

If you've never played 5-string, it takes some getting used to, especially with reading tab, but you'll get it.