Rather than straight out. Try to throw some physics terms in your explanation, this is a homework question
Cuz it's easier to go 30 degrees or so than 90.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I find it the same difficulty? I must be doing it wrong.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Leverage? I dunno. It's a lot harder to do sit ups with your feet up though (on a chair or something)
i think it's because your abs are more stretched out when your legs are straight and have to travel a farther distance.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799
i think it's because your abs are more stretched out when your legs are straight and have to travel a farther distance.

+ 1
Quote by sashki
It's cos you're pushing down on the floor with your feet, so you're using your leg muscles as well as your stomach and back muscles (or whatever you use to do situps).

Exactly. It all depends on which muscles you are isolating. If you just want to work on your abs go with the technique that makes it harder on your abs.

sorry if that didnt really help, I just wanted to add something
Last edited by madnaz at Nov 30, 2009,
because with your legs straight it works the whole core, however it will wreck your back. if you're gonna do them with straight legs, you need to bring your knees into your stomach at the same time as sitting up. called a v-sit.
Quote by Bird32

I poke badgers with spoons
Quote by sashki
It's cos you're pushing down on the floor with your feet, so you're using your leg muscles as well as your stomach and back muscles (or whatever you use to do situps).

Just run with this explaination

The normal force of the floor pushing back on your feet helps take the force off of your abs. (AKA Total BS, but I used a physics term.)
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated