I can't remember what website it was, but I was reading an article and it said that in terms of black people, Obama's skin color was more "family-friendly" (it was a satirical article like Uncyclopedia or Cracked).

Now, I don't want people to think this is another conservative thread saying "Obama only got elected because of how he looks". I like Obama, I'm glad he won the election.

Now back on topic, another website article I read a while back (I'm pretty sure it was Maddox) talked and criticized about how many (not all) advertisements like commercial or magazine ads don't use black people all the time, but when they do, they tend to use more light-skinned black people.

I can't argue whether or not that's true, but if it is I wouldn't be surprised.

Now, I'm asking you guys personal opinion. Do you think Americans would have elected Obama over Hillary Clinton or John McCain if he'd been a much darker skin color? For an example of a darker skin color:

Normally I'd think it'd be pretty ridiculous to think Americans wouldn't have elected Obama if his skin were darker. But I personally have seen and heard racist and prejudiced comments/actions towards black people of darker skin color in comparison to black people of lighter skin color. Not saying that I'm okay with it. One time my sister said something about darker skinned African Americans and it pissed me off. But I can't help but notice that it does exist.

Anyways, even though I think I would have voted for Obama regardless of how dark his skin were, don't think as many Americans would have. I dunno if he would have lost the election, but I do think he'd have less of a chance. Especially between the other democratic candidates.
Nah I like my darkies choccolate cream dark, not oreo dark.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
eh too long, but yea totally.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I think so. At least I like to think so.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Would he have gotten less votes? Maybe, there are some stupidly intolerant people out there.

Would it have cost him the election? Absolutely not.
Considering the only other choice was McCain and Palin, I would have voted for Obama if he was purple.
that is completely fair point, and i think it has a lot to do with it
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
I think he would have won.

Shit, Obama beat that old man by landslide. Plus, Barrack Hussein Obama has to be the most ethnic presidential name ever.

I think it was his personality that won the people over, not his skin color.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I think he was elected b/c he was black and he could always play the race card if he lost... O_o
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
Quote by 1avatar328
I think he was elected b/c he was black and he could always play the race card if he lost... O_o

I hope you're not serious..

Obama doesn't play the race card. Find me one instance where he has.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Matt420740
Considering the only other choice was McCain and Palin, I would have voted for Obama if he was purple.

His lips are.

If he was a darker dude, most likely not as many votes.
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
Most people who voted Obama just couldn't stomach another 4 years of Republican rule.

In America the party means as much if not more than the person. Have a few shite years under one party all the floaters will flip next chance they get.
I hate to admit it, but I believe you have a point.

If there are any fans of Capitol Steps out there, this is the part where "Oreobamas: Black enough to make history, white enough to make Republicans feel safe." makes a whole lot of sense.

I remember on the bus a couple of black women were having a conversation and one of them says "I only voted for Obama because he's black and that is exactly what this country needs." Then a white guy said black people sucked and got off. But I do agree if Obama was full white, he wouldn't have had as much votes.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Eh, he'd have got in, but maybe by less of a landslide. I'm mostly willing to pin his victory more on people being a bit sick of the Republicans than anything else.
Quote by Kensai
Nah I like my darkies choccolate cream dark, not oreo dark.

A tiny bit too far there Kensai.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
i dont think it really matters HOW dark obama was when you consider his opponents. the incompetence of his opponents really sealed the deal for him.