I am looking for a fairly good yet affordable flying V, since it's the body i like the most xD

I want it to have a nice tone and at least 2 pickups because I use the neck pickup a lot.

What would you recommend? c:
thanks

EDIT: What would you say about this guitar? It's only 49 bucks more than my current budget is, and I think it covers what I'm looking for.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Damien-V1-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=520224
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS
Last edited by Metalligirl at Dec 1, 2009,
budget?

does it have to be a gibson-style flying v or are you open to anything v-shaped?

what's your current gear?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What kind of music do you play? If you're into metal, go with a Jackson V or Rhoads
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
I saw on musciansfriend that the LTD V-200 is on sale and is somewhat cheap I don't remember how much though.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
What amp and budget will help but I would recommend the reverend volcano as it's a great instrument and versitile.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
If you're on a budget, Dean sells a V for like $215, I got the explorer type dean and its awesome. The V has the same pickups so I'm pretty sure its just as good.
holy shit sorry for taking so long >_> got a bit distracted

My current gear is an epiphone SG, I play metal mostly, my amp is a peavey rage 158, and my budget is of 400 bucks. >_>''
there
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS
I believe there is a Douglas Rhoads looking V on Rondo's for like $100
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Shecter Damien you could get new for 400 or less. and used for 200+

Body Style: "V"
Body: Basswood
Neck: Bolt-on maple
Scale length: 25.5"
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Nut: Graph Tech Tusq
Frets: 24 extra-jumbo
Inlays: Black pearl bats
Pickups: EMG-HZ H4 (bridge)/H4A (neck) Set
Electronics: Volume, Volume, Tone, 3-way toggle selector
Bridge: Tune-o-matic-style bridge with thru-body string mounts
Tuners: Grover
Hardware: Black

I have similar pickups in my Ibanez RG, they are great pickups for the
pricerange. But you will want to invest on a serious guitar later on.

My honest opinion if you want to play metal is to save up until you can throw 7-800
on a guitar with true emg or duncan blackout pickups.

Shecter Hellraiser V-1 would give you all the metal tone you want and it plays
fast and slick.

The jackson V's are nice but the cheaper ones are kinda trashy. Same with Dean
and Epiphone.
might be worth considering putting that money into an amp, instead of a guitar. You're unlikely to get that much better than your epi, i'd have thought, with $400, and your amp is the obvious weak link there. i mean, i think you can get a valveking for around $400, there's also the randall rg50tc, etc. etc. save a little more and the new peavey 6505 1x12 combo is in range, too, assuming it sounds as good as the MIA ones.

EDIT: which SG is it? I'm assuming you mean the sg400, but if it's one of the really cheap bolt-on ones, then what i said about "not being able to get much better for $400" probably isn't right, and it might make more sense splitting the budget and getting something like a roland cube 30x and putting the rest into a guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 30, 2009,
You could look into the $400 B.C. Rich Kerry king v
a jackson king v
or a Randy rhoads V
don't remember exact prices besides the bc rich but I'm pretty sure if you get the right modem, they'll be under or at $400
If you get a little more you could probably find a used Schecter Hellraiser V on Ebay for under $500. They're amazing but they dont hold value well. If nothing else, look into an LTD V. They're pretty nice.
With an extra 200 you can get the RR24M it has one EMG but the original cost is like 1200
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Quote by patsfannumero1
If you're on a budget, Dean sells a V for like $215, I got the explorer type dean and its awesome. The V has the same pickups so I'm pretty sure its just as good.

Low end deans= lower than dirt/worse than shit

I would recommend a Jackson Randy Rhoads (see sig), Jackson King V, or LTD V-insert number here.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Browse Ebay for a used Gibson V. The Faded series sells for about $400 used which is right in your ball park. And the Faded V's share the same body and components as the Standard. They just don't have the clear coat and the hardshell case
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Hate to sound like a preacher / broken record here. Either Jackson Rhoads V, they make a few affordable ones, or an Agile. The Reaper Standard runs for $340.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
You could find a used Kramer Vanguard from the 80s, or the Focus version of it. Those can be pretty fairly priced.
Quote by VanTheKraut
Low end deans= lower than dirt/worse than shit

As much as I hate Deans I have to disagree, when my budget was $200 that was probably the best decision I made. Probably the worst decision is when I sold it.
No means maybe
they do have some V's on rondo for real cheap...
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Jackson is always the best bet for V's. Schecter V1 Classic with duncans is really cool as well.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by Metalligirl
I think the schecter sounds good.

what epi do you currently have? I mean, jeez, I'm trying to help here.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what epi do you currently have? I mean, jeez, I'm trying to help here.

yeah, seriously, TS. Which SG is it?
G-400? G-310? SG Special?

G-400's can do metal easy with a pickup change.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
For V's, I'd look at the Jackson King V line. But that one looks decent for the criteria you have.
Quote by santa_man99
For V's, I'd look at the Jackson King V line. But that one looks decent for the criteria you have.

I agree. Maybe a JS30KV (no floyd rose, and you'll need a pup swap) or a JS30RR (floyd rose, but still you'll need a pup swap)