Alright I went to a local guitar shop today and saw this in the used room...There was no price tag so I didn't know what to expect...Played it and wow does it rip! It has amazing action and is just a total shredder. I love it!

Oh...the price was $125...steal? I think so
Attachments:
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
awesome man! HNGD!!
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Sweet man
HNGD!

How's she feel?
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Quote by SGburnsRED
Sweet man
HNGD!

How's she feel?

smoooooth as a mountain goat sir...it's got amazingly fast action...definitely a shredder
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by chuckmehh
smoooooth as a mountain goat sir...it's got amazingly fast action...definitely a shredder

As a professional mountain goat tickler I take issue with this comment.Everyone knows mountain goats are coarse and rough to the touch!

Anyway,HNGD! The vintage Kramers are great guitars.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
As a professional mountain goat tickler I take issue with this comment.Everyone knows mountain goats are coarse and rough to the touch!

Anyway,HNGD! The vintage Kramers are great guitars.

hahaha I had no idea you were a mountain goat connoisseur...sorry to offend...anyway..at $125 I really couldn't go wrong with this one man. I mean, that's cheaper than a new Squier!
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by chuckmehh

sounds nice lol

How thin is the neck?
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Quote by SGburnsRED
sounds nice lol

How thin is the neck?

Thinner than my Epi Les Paul Standard, but not as thin as my buddy's Ibanez RG if that's any indication. I don't have much experience with thinner necks, but I do like this one. It feels a lot like the neck on my Epiphone SG Extreme if you've ever played one.
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by chuckmehh
hahaha I had no idea you were a mountain goat connoisseur...sorry to offend...anyway..at $125 I really couldn't go wrong with this one man. I mean, that's cheaper than a new Squier!

You'd be surprised at the number of UG'ers that happen to be goat aficionados

That's the beauty of old Kramer models.They're great instruments,and you can get them for dirt cheap on the used market.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You'd be surprised at the number of UG'ers that happen to be goat aficionados

That's the beauty of old Kramer models.They're great instruments,and you can get them for dirt cheap on the used market.

Yeah, very surprised when he told me the price (and pleased )
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
You see those old Kramer Focuses (or is it Foci?) sliding around on the Craigslist here more than you'd expect. What I like about the old Kramers is how a good few of em have some really bitchin' paintjobs... not that there's anything wrong with your black one!
Its a little rough around the edges, and I personally couldnt survive without a neck pup. But its a nice looking guitar and definitely a steal at $125.
HNGD
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

very nice! where the hell are these deals in my town...? happy new guitar day!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by CaptDin
You see those old Kramer Focuses (or is it Foci?) sliding around on the Craigslist here more than you'd expect. What I like about the old Kramers is how a good few of em have some really bitchin' paintjobs... not that there's anything wrong with your black one!

thanks man. This is honestly the first one I have ever seen (although I haven't looked for em ever haha). But my girlfriend's dad painted my other strat (it's on my profile if ya wanna see it) and he's gonna paint this beast too. Probably nothing fancy but definitely an improvement nonetheless!
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by VanTheKraut
Its a little rough around the edges, and I personally couldnt survive without a neck pup. But its a nice looking guitar and definitely a steal at $125.
HNGD

yeah i am very surprised at how often I reach for the pickup selector on it haha I never realized how much I used the neck pickup, but I'm sure I can survive!
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
i just saw one of these on my craigslsit for 100 bucks.
lol
i need a tube amp more tho..........
Classical Guitarist
Nice Kramer

Clean up that Floyd and it'll look even better. Some use WD-40 I believe or other stuff. I'll have a look if you want, its fairly easy to do. Guitar looks good, and for $125 is a steal considering these were made in Japan by ESP at the time with German OFR's. Clean up the Floyd and it'll be worth more then your cost of the guitar. I got my Focus 1000 back in spring of 2008 for $240CDN. Lots of deals out there Yours also has what is called a transitional neck (headstock) which is not as common. It was during a time where Kramer moved from the more banana shaped headstock to the pointy on their import line and had this neck for about half a year or so, pinning this guitar at around late '85/early '86. With a pickup change that thing will smoke even more. A JB is the way to go in these Here's mine, slightly younger then yours, an '86....

2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
Nice Kramer

Clean up that Floyd and it'll look even better. Some use WD-40 I believe or other stuff. I'll have a look if you want, its fairly easy to do. Guitar looks good, and for $125 is a steal considering these were made in Japan by ESP at the time with German OFR's. Clean up the Floyd and it'll be worth more then your cost of the guitar. I got my Focus 1000 back in spring of 2008 for $240CDN. Lots of deals out there Yours also has what is called a transitional neck (headstock) which is not as common. It was during a time where Kramer moved from the more banana shaped headstock to the pointy on their import line and had this neck for about half a year or so, pinning this guitar at around late '85/early '86. With a pickup change that thing will smoke even more. A JB is the way to go in these Here's mine, slightly younger then yours, an '86....

Wow man, thanks for the advice! I'll definitely clean up that floyd and re paint to get her back in good condition!

Didn't know about the headstock, but that's really cool too haha Thanks!

Yours is absolutely beautiful by the way!
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Clean up the rust on the bridge and its hotter than hell dude,
hngd!
Quote by Banana Wedgie
Exactly.

If you wanna look cool, put needles in your eyes and play.
Quote by scr3w f3nd3r
hngd!

+1

Quote by chuckmehh
Wow man, thanks for the advice! I'll definitely clean up that floyd and re paint to get her back in good condition!

Didn't know about the headstock, but that's really cool too haha Thanks!

Yours is absolutely beautiful by the way!

Thanks. Mine's got a few bumps but that's normal. I wouldn't repaint it, mine used to be white now its faded, looks cool gives it a vintage look. Unless its really really bad its not worth re-painting besides you'd kill all the bumps and bruises and stories the guitar has to tell
Get some Dunlop 65 Formula guitar cleaner and shine it up, maybe some lemon oil on the rosewood if needed, it'll bring out the wood grain also. Clean up the Floyd, pickup change and you're good to go. Looks like it still has the original pickup in there too, not much rust at all it looks like which is good. Usually the pickup ring screws develop rust first. Get a Photobucket account and post some bigger photos, full body shots etc
Quote by DSOTM80
Thanks. Mine's got a few bumps but that's normal. I wouldn't repaint it, mine used to be white now its faded, looks cool gives it a vintage look. Unless its really really bad its not worth re-painting besides you'd kill all the bumps and bruises and stories the guitar has to tell
Get some Dunlop 65 Formula guitar cleaner and shine it up, maybe some lemon oil on the rosewood if needed, it'll bring out the wood grain also. Clean up the Floyd, pickup change and you're good to go. Looks like it still has the original pickup in there too, not much rust at all it looks like which is good. Usually the pickup ring screws develop rust first. Get a Photobucket account and post some bigger photos, full body shots etc

sounds like a plan! The pickup in there now is actually pretty hot but I will swap it out (maybe for a Christmas present haha) to a JB or something similar. I use EMGs in my other guitars and love them but may give a Seymour Blackout a try.
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by scr3w f3nd3r
hngd!

thanks man! What's the best way to go about cleaning the rust?
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Take the Floyd apart and let it soak for a bit in a WD-40 bath. Then take a toothbrush to it. Afterwards, use a good cotton shirt or a microfiber towel and clean it up.

Edit:
The original pickup in there is pretty hot and not wax potted so it can be a bit nosy. Not a bad pickup though. I still prefer the guitar though with a JB or EMG 81 w/ 18v mod
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by DSOTM80
Take the Floyd apart and let it soak for a bit in a WD-40 bath. Then take a toothbrush to it. Afterwards, use a good cotton shirt or a microfiber towel and clean it up.

Edit:
The original pickup in there is pretty hot and not wax potted so it can be a bit nosy. Not a bad pickup though. I still prefer the guitar though with a JB or EMG 81 w/ 18v mod

Awesome man thanks! I'll definitely look to swap out pickups. I saw 18v harnesses on ebay that seemed like a pretty good deal and were only $12. Is it safe to run 18v to one EMG?
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Harnesses? Why? Just place the batteries in the control cavity there's plenty of room especially it being a 1 volume setup. I sometimes tape them a little bit to the body or place a paper towel or something similar over top of everything and close it up and the batteries don't move at all. EMG's can be run up to 27v.
Quote by DSOTM80
Harnesses? Why? Just place the batteries in the control cavity there's plenty of room especially it being a 1 volume setup. I sometimes tape them a little bit to the body or place a paper towel or something similar over top of everything and close it up and the batteries don't move at all. EMG's can be run up to 27v.

http://cgi.ebay.com/18-Volt-Mod-Harness-for-EMG-PICKUP-w-Mini-switch-9-18V_W0QQitemZ380181778296QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item5884998f78

I'll just send it to ya haha It's essentially the mod itself pre assembled.
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Baaah, why spend money on that? Hit your local Radio Shak and do this and it'll cost you a couple bucks....

Besides, there's no point in having a switch and drilling a hole in your guitar in my opinion to go from 9v to 18v, 18v is the way to go
Quote by DSOTM80
Baaah, why spend money on that? Hit your local Radio Shak and do this and it'll cost you a couple bucks....

Besides, there's no point in having a switch and drilling a hole in your guitar in my opinion to go from 9v to 18v, 18v is the way to go

I'm gonna have to try that then, you convinced me! haha They make the harnesses without the switch too just for the record but it's still more than it would be I'm sure at Radio Shack.
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables