I'm studyin at uni abroad and for the first time Dream Theater are actually touring somewhere close to where I am (the Hordern Pavilion NSW this Saturday). I'm a huge fan and would love to see them live.

Problem is all my friends over here are into all that rap and hip hop crap and none of them wanna spend money and take a 3 hr drive to go see them with me

And my GF might be working that day and she also says she'll feel out of place among the metal/prog heads there as though she listens to them she's not exactly a big fan.

So what do I do pit? Do I try to find some other people or do I just go by my lonesome?

Sigh.. miss my friends (who have better music tastes) back home.
Go there yourself. All dream theater fans are losers anyway.

Seriously though if you love the band so much, just go yourself. You'll meet people by default.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
be weird if the pit actually turned and helped on this one rather than just sayin 'i cum blood'
Quote by Kensai

dammit. i was JUST about to say that.

but anyways yeah, it's dream theater man, go by yourself, it's not like you're gonna be moshing there. it's like going to a classical concerto
Quote by Kensai

Seriously though if you love the band so much, just go yourself. You'll meet people by default.

You're so mean!
C'mon man, you always make friends when you're lining up at those things. just go there early and get right to the front... make sure you have a few beers and chat to the people there. You all have something in common as well, so that makes for easy small talk at first.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
I have the exact same problem, so many good bands come through Orlando that I want to see, but none of my friends like metal here, including my boyfriend, and he won't let me go alone in fear I'll get ****ing stabbed and raped or something... see I'm from Canada, where all my buddies love death metal... I miss them
I would just go alone, don't miss the opportunity dude.
What you cannot escape, you must fight; what you cannot fight, you must endure.
Smoke some weed and enjoy your time dude.

I usually just make friends at the show when I go to shows alone. Then when there is another show in town that you'd like to go to, you'll know someone with the same tastes to go with next time.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Wait, surely it'd be sold out by now?

If not, then I agree with everyone else. Go yourself.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
force them to come with you you may be able to convert them before its too late...
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
Quote by asator
Wait, surely it'd be sold out by now?

I was considering going but then saw the ticket price was something like $130 and I'm like screw you guys, I'm staying home.

Having to stick together with friends is kind of annoying when you're standing, and having to find them after...going alone should be alright.
Meet up with a UGer, I've heard the band name thrown around here alot so pick one of those guys.

You'll probably end up raped or dead but atleast you won't be that guy
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Le_Bunny
I was considering going but then saw the ticket price was something like $130 and I'm like screw you guys, I'm staying home.

I just checked on Ticketek this morning again and I'm pretty sure tickets are like $60 for general admission (Hordern Pavilion event is General admission only anyway).

And thanks for all the input guys.