K so I'm tryin to decide what type of Acoustic bass to get. Ive been playing bass for about 3 years. My price range is fairly low and the only thing is it NEEDS 24 fretts.
I was thinkin this one : http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Playmate-Cutaway-EAB-AcousticElectric-Bass?sku=511937

Is it a good idea? any other suggestions?
i'm actually in the same position and that's one of the basses i was looking at getting. unfortunately i can't really offer you any advice on the subject
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.
I've tried accoustic basses and can't see the point, they still ahve to be amplified to be of any use, on their own they just sound like a detuned guitar.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
The problem there really isn't a good cheap acoustic bass. The terms are really mutually exclusive. The Dean's that fit your bill are just bulky and have a low volume meh sound.

You'd be better off in slapping flats on an electric bass and turning down the volume on the amp.
^Thirded, you get what you pay for, and in Dean's case, less then you pay for.

If you are 100% dead set on the acoustic route, why exactly do you require 24 frets? Because unless your willing to settle for less frets, your options are going to be pretty limited.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass