To start things out, I know next to nothing about the nature and fuction of electronic components.

I currently have 5 pedals, and will probably have at least 1 or 2 more after Christmas, and I'm gonna build my own pedalboard, but I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a power supply.

I've heard that it's possible to daisy chain (well, not technically "daisy chain") pedals together and run multiple pedals off of one power supply. How do I do this? I know you have to make sure that all of the pedals have the same type of grounding (correct term?). I'm pretty sure that they do (I have 3 BOSS effects, a Morely Dual Bass Wah, and a Blackout Effectors Fix'd Fuzz V3, which all have the little pictures of a negative sign going into a positive sign).

So how do I do this? What things will I need?

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
look up the Visual Sound 1 Spot and the corresponding chain cable

edit beaten to the punch
A wall wart power supply and a daisy chain. Thats all you need.
Most cheap power supplies aren't regulated or filtered though, so they can add a bit of noise.
I already have a power supply, so is there something where I can just buy the daisy chain? Would that be all I need?

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Last edited by lkngro at Nov 30, 2009,
Quote by lkngro
I already have a power supply, so is there something where I can just buy the daisy chain? Would that be all I need?

I wouldn't recommend using a different power supply than the 1spot. Most power supplies you buy for a pedal are rated at 300-500 milliamps which, depending on what pedals you are using, will only run 2 or 3 pedals.

The VS 1 Spot is rated at 1.7 Amps (or 1700 Milliamps) which is why it works the way it does. Also, a lot of the other power supplies don't have filters like the 1spot has
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Ah I see. So would A 2000mA power supply be fine? It won't like override my pedals? (although that may result in some sweet tones ) Even though I'd be running less pedals than there are jacks?

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Godlyke-PowerAll-PA9D-9V-Digital-Power-Supply-Basic-Kit?sku=150471

^ that is why I ask.

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees