Another thread where I try to educate myself about a brand I know nothing of basically.

To the people that have played/own one of these guitars,how would you rate their quality and construction? I'm not looking for "They're better than *insert name here*",but actual opinions and info on the fret work,neck and body construction,neck joint,finish,electronics,and so on.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Ive heard some very great things about them, however, guitarfetish is very hit and miss with their hardware so it may be a matter of luck as to whether or not is it a quality instrument.
Gear:
G&L Legacy
Fender Champ 600

SKYNYRD!
Well if the construction is solid then I can fix any hardware and electronics issues and set it up fairly easily.I just checked Harmony Central and they seem to get mostly positive reviews from people there,which is a good sign since that place is brutal when it comes to criticism.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I'm curious too - the strat they sell is godlike for the price.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I'm curious too - the strat they sell is godlike for the price.

I'm looking at their LP models,and they seem like an absolute steal for the price.

Like you I'v read all the reviews I could about them and can't find any complaints other than the not setup when arrived which just about any guitar you buy won't be. I might take the plunge into one of their hollow bodies.
Last edited by matt s at Nov 30, 2009,
Quote by Pr0gNut
I'm looking at their LP models,and they seem like an absolute steal for the price.

Yeah, they do. The strats come with GFS pickups, a solid steel bridge and all that stuff - you usually only see that on quite a bit higher end guitars.

Of course, you won't find GFS pickups on anything else stock, but still.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Yeah, they do. The strats come with GFS pickups, a solid steel bridge and all that stuff - you usually only see that on quite a bit higher end guitars.

Of course, you won't find GFS pickups on anything else stock, but still.

The LP I'm looking at has a solid mahogany body,3/4" maple top,and a veneer of high grade quilted maple as well as GFS PAF's for only like $200.I think I'm gonna take a gamble and get one,then add some locking tuners and electronics upgrades and hopefully get a killer LP clone for under $300.

All the Xavier guitars I have played I really liked. They make a great LP copy those are all I played. I really like their XV-700 thin line and am considering buying the red metal flake one.

John
Quote by johnro6659
All the Xavier guitars I have played I really liked. They make a great LP copy those are all I played. I really like their XV-700 thin line and am considering buying the red metal flake one.

John

I was looking at the thinline,it's a pretty interesting concept.Their semi-hollow Lp's also look nice.

I love my semi-hollow Epi telecaster. Plays like butter and is really comfortable. It's also very durable, since I tend to drop my guitars a lot and have at one point dropped this beast on conrete, which worried me like hell since it was partly hollow, but it still played just as good. Tuners aren't bad, pickups sound literally sweet and bright, and my only beef is that the jack is really loose on mine. Otherwise, they're great.