Picked this up on Craigslist today...

Dog always has to get in the picture

Anyway...its a Carvin 2x12 cabinet. Not sure on the year, but it looks aged a bit. Sounds amazing. Got it for $125...also got a digitech metal master in the trade (it's already back on CL )

A few more pics uploading...bear with me. Photobucket isn't working for me so I'm having to use imageshack
awesome! what kind of speakers does it have?
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

A few more pics:

Carvin Vintage Series speakers

With the Night Train. Plans are to leave this one at the practice space and use for gigs...and keep my Custom AB 112 at home for practice...the Night Train doesn't sound the same through my Mesa Recto cabinet

Quote by eyebanez333

the Night Train doesn't sound the same through my Mesa Recto cabinet

HNCD
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by O.O Meow O.O

HNCD

yeah...and its an oversized Mesa cab too...the NT looks tiny (well, tinier than the little toaster is anyway)

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Oh, so it came with a black travel shell too

I thought maybe you got 2 cabs there for a minute.

HNCD bro

Nope just one...and the guy threw in the cover. He's also selling a matching Carvin Bel Air tube combo for $425...but being back down to 2 guitar amps is cool with me. With my bass rig and newly acquired drumset...my practice space/studio is filling up quickly

Quote by schtick_bomb
awesome! what kind of speakers does it have?

Carvin vintage series. I was skeptical about them when the guy was talking about it...but they sound great imo. I have a couple Eminence that I was considering swapping into it because I love the Man O War in my 112...but I may end up selling them now
HNCD man.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
HNCD man.

Thanks!

I'm still in awe of how good this thing sounds. I know Carvins (especially the cabs) don't hold their resale value very good. But for what I need this cab for (country, blues, southern rock, etc.)...it's perfect
HNCD! 212 cabs always look sexy to me...
Ibanez JEM 555 > Line 6 POD XT Live > Behringer MS16 Monitor Speakers

"Asked us if we were happy, we said we didn't know...
Took us by the hands and up we go..."

Italians do it better.
Quote by eyebanez333

Carvin vintage series. I was skeptical about them when the guy was talking about it...but they sound great imo. I have a couple Eminence that I was considering swapping into it because I love the Man O War in my 112...but I may end up selling them now

Carvin Vintage series speakers (up until the early 2000's, at least) are re-labelled Eminence.
I don't believe the OEM always specified them by model, so they can be hit-or-miss.

HNCD!
Quote by Rutch
Carvin Vintage series speakers (up until the early 2000's, at least) are re-labelled Eminence.
I don't believe the OEM always specified them by model, so they can be hit-or-miss.

HNCD!

Thanks!

This cabinet is way older than that...the dude I got it from has had it for 10 years...and he bought it from the original owner who had had it for awhile too. Is there a way to find out exactly how old it is? I cannot find a serial number on it at all.
Theres gotta be a serial on it somewhere...
He didnt happen to give you some sort of manual did he?
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by eyebanez333
Thanks!

This cabinet is way older than that...the dude I got it from has had it for 10 years...and he bought it from the original owner who had had it for awhile too. Is there a way to find out exactly how old it is? I cannot find a serial number on it at all.

Carvin is not very good about keeping track of serial numbers; you might be able to find another site that gives some information about dating, but definitely not on the official site.

HNCD!
No serial at all. Took the half back off and everything. He's dropped the price on the Bel Air combo that this cab went with too on CL this morning....must refrain....
Quote by eyebanez333
No serial at all. Took the half back off and everything. He's dropped the price on the Bel Air combo that this cab went with too on CL this morning....must refrain....

Hmm... Thats weird. On my Carvin its just sitting right under the AC input.
Maybe Carvin wasnt so good about put serials on whenever your was made?
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by Rockerdude22
Hmm... Thats weird. On my Carvin its just sitting right under the AC input.
Maybe Carvin wasnt so good about put serials on whenever your was made?

I read somewhere that they're bad about serial numbers...especially on older cabinets. Oh well...just wanted to find out the history. I might email Carvin a couple pics and see if they can give me an estimate on its age.
Quote by eyebanez333
I read somewhere that they're bad about serial numbers...especially on older cabinets. Oh well...just wanted to find out the history. I might email Carvin a couple pics and see if they can give me an estimate on its age.

Ha good luck with that!

I would just google 'how to find the date on carvin amps'
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Hardwire TL2