Page 1 of 2
so i have never ever liked the idea of having a credit/debit card. I got one since i got a job so i could keep track of my money. I just got an email from tdbank saying my account was suspended and i needed to type in some info to reactivate it. It asked for my card number, my Name, my social security number and my address. I typed it all in and it redirected me to a "false" td bank site. I have to go to the bank tomorrow and close my account so nothing gets stolen. How far can someone get with your name, social security number and address? Im ****ing terrified right now and i want to know what the consequences might be
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Death\ Good luck, b/c some ppl can get pretty far
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
DNRT

But, TS, epic ****ing username.

EDIT: Don't give out that stuff, you're bank wouldn't ask you like that.
You fool!! Never respond to any email asking for your information, the bank will contact you directly (through phone or mail, and should verify themselves if over the phone) if necessary. I've received these emails from banks I don't even use!
If you fall for shit like that you're not responsible enough for your own bank account.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
If you wait until tomorrow you're f*ucked. Seriously. Call TDBank NOW, they may be able to put a stop to it as long as you don't wait.
TS is a genius. Way to read the paperwork your bank gave you, about how they'll never ask for that info except in person at the bank. Call it now unless you plan on ruining your credit.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Are you serious? you got taken in by a classic phishing scam.
Always check the address of the site. I can basically guarantee it's not www.tdbank.com or whatever.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
thats the thing, it said from services@tdbank.com and then directed me to an exact copy of their site
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
CALL YOUR BANK NOW!!!!!
Let's put it this way, with only your name & social they can get pretty much everything they want.

Banks are pretty good with helping you out as long as you act fast.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
CALL YOUR BANK NOW!!!!!

Do it.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

NEVER give ANYTHING related to your bank, to ANYONE online. if theres a problem just go to the bank.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
NEVER put your social security number on any online forms. EVER. And if money is stolen your bank will probably reimburse you, a lot of credit cards/banks do that.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
You're dumb.
Call the bank

Edi: Hey TS this is tbbank, How are you? well, seems like you had a run in with some fakes so we tracked you down to this forum to help you out.
Just tell me your account number and sort code and I'll fix everything for you.

that's a joke

about how dumb you are
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Last edited by GaijinFoot at Nov 30, 2009,
im on hold right now. At least i dont have a well established life right now. Im 17, have like 4$ in my account and my house burned down 11 months ago so ive been living with my step mom, i really have nothing to lose other than my credit score
Quote by Tig Bitties
im on hold right now. At least i dont have a well established life right now. Im 17, have like 4$ in my account and my house burned down 11 months ago so ive been living with my step mom, i really have nothing to lose other than my credit score

Your credit score is a pretty big deal...
Quote by Tig Bitties

Your credit score IS something to lose...
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
I know girls who don't put out if your credit score is less that 695
ok just got off the phone, since i only gave out my card number and not my account number they closed that card and they will issue me a new one
Quote by blackthought
Nah bro, you can just take the test again if you don't like the score you got the first time.

They made me wait six months to do that though, so you'd better find out when the next test is scheduled.
SHEdit
Quote by Tig Bitties (pfffhahaha)
ok just got off the phone, since i only gave out my card number and not my account number they closed that card and they will issue me a new one

No. You are stil fucked for giving out your name and social. Do you realize how many accounts they can set up in your name now, then charge thousands of dollars you can't pay?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Nov 30, 2009,
and yes i realize my credit score is a big deal. I meant that in the way that thats really the only way this will effect me
Quote by blackthought
Nah bro, you can just take the test again if you don't like the score you got the first time.

bur?
How can they ruin your credit score with $4?
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by Monolith295
How can they ruin your credit score with $4?

because they buy a car on credit which won't get paid which leads to bad credit
Quote by Le_Bunny
Wow that was a stupid move. You've learnt your lesson though.

By the way, how are you supposed to access your bank account without at least a debit card? I am also noob to the ways of the financial institutions.

The way I used to do it. You know, go to the bank, make a withdrawl to take money out, deposit to put money in. Some people even took it far enough as to write checks, myself, I was never that cutting edge.

Quote by Monolith295
NEVER put your social security number on any online forms. EVER. And if money is stolen your bank will probably reimburse you, a lot of credit cards/banks do that.

Except on an application. Also, run a spyware / malware scan of your computer before hand. Then again, like I said, I'm crazy about this sort of thing.

And for the record, I'm not an old guy either.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Last edited by Empty Box at Nov 30, 2009,
Quote by GaijinFoot
because they buy a car on credit which won't get paid which leads to bad credit

That would make a great deal of sense.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
dude you gave them you sin ur messed they can claim to be you. They could buy anything and put it on your name...
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
Page 1 of 2