I'm looking for a new bass rig . I play mostly classic hard rock .I have a P bass and a jazz bass both with noiseless active p-ups I'm using a borrowed Harke rig. I really don't enjoy the Harke sound, too harsh. I've heard Ampeg isn't as reliable as they once were. How about Marshall bass amps? All my local shops carry Line 6 or Harke. so I can't try out any other amps.
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
i have an acoustic b200 combo and it works for all different types of styles, you should look into Acoustic. inexpensive but simple, and reliable.
Well, first off all, you should determine whether or not you're looking for a combo or for a half-stack, full-stack, etc.

I personally use a Gallien-Krueger 700RB head and a Gallien-Krueger 410BLX cabinet, and I'm extremely satisfied with both after a year or two of owning them. Not expensive for a rig ($250 and $300, respectively), LOUD, and they both combine to have a unique tone.
Head and 2x10 or 4x10 and a 1x15 , I have about $1400
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
the Peavey amps, mesa boogie...

give me a price range, maybe some EQ settings, some good descriptions of the tone you want, example- Bernard Edwards of Chic described his sound as 'chunky and thick' while Chris Squire from Yes had a very distorted springy high and a deep clean bass sound holding it steady.

so roaddawg07 from the Platinum selling band Kool Aid Jammers (I'm guessing) likes to sound ___________________________________
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
dude ampeg is too reliable i havent had any problems in 3 years with mine im serious. if you like the ampeg tone i say go for it. i reccomend the svt3pro+4x10hlf cab its ported and tuned so that cab hits even lower notes then a 1x15 regularly can.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E