Hey guys! I own a Peavey Classic 30 and tonight I was going to just jam at a local park, but it wouldn't turn on! The Pilot light came on, but the tubes wouldn't light up, nor would they even get warm. It was pretty cold outside tonight and I'm not sure how much power the outlet was actually putting out...

Also, my amp has been exposed to cold quite a bit lately.

Help me out?
I'd take it to a licensed Peavey repair person. A lot of cold can shrink electronics I think... idk I just have experience with the cold up here in Alaska.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Warm it up. Plug it into your house and see if anything new happens.
If not then theres an issue with your wiring which doesnt seem like that could happen in one night...
depends on how cold it was.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
i still dont think much damage really could have been done from just cold. Cold makes metal conduct more and the only negative effect it can have is on circuit board warping. but for that to happen your talking really really cold.

check fuses. maybe condensation if it was heated up fast?
Quote by CrysisFX
i still dont think much damage really could have been done from just cold. Cold makes metal conduct more and the only negative effect it can have is on circuit board warping. but for that to happen your talking really really cold.

check fuses. maybe condensation if it was heated up fast?

I can't even find the f*cking fuse on this thing...And no...There isn't any condensation.

Also, I've been warming it up in my house for the past hour or two...Nothing...
well all i can think of is that it was cold enough outside that when it was powered on and the power tubes heated up rapidly that they cracked. it only takes one hairline crack to let out the vacuum and the tube burns out like a light bulb.
Quote by CrysisFX
well all i can think of is that it was cold enough outside that when it was powered on and the power tubes heated up rapidly that they cracked. it only takes one hairline crack to let out the vacuum and the tube burns out like a light bulb.

Thanks. Uhm...Could you explain to me what to look for in a blown tube? Just like a light bulb? I'm assuming every wire in there should be connected to something...
Quote by The.new.guy
Hey guys! I own a Peavey Classic 30 and tonight I was going to just jam at a local park, but it wouldn't turn on! The Pilot light came on, but the tubes wouldn't light up, nor would they even get warm. It was pretty cold outside tonight and I'm not sure how much power the outlet was actually putting out...

Also, my amp has been exposed to cold quite a bit lately.

Help me out?

That usually means your power tubes are gone. As someone has said going from cold, then heating it up can cause ti to crack.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
That usually means your power tubes are gone. As someone has said going from cold, then heating it up can cause ti to crack.

That's what I'm beginning to think. Would this explain that NONE of my tubes are lighting up, though?

EDIT: Sorry...Stupid question...If it still holds any ground, answer it, if not, .
I'm not 100% percent sure but I believe yes, if one goes the other won't work either.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ