Page 2 of 31
Completely forgot about Nocturnus - The Key

man, I must be more tired than I thought.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Quote by vanshaya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WLPvzGgWs0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxizB02d0gE&feature=related

It might be a little wierd for you at first, as it was for me, but they'll grow on you. Amazing band once you get to appriciate them fully.

Listened to the first one, and I see how they could grow on you.

The vocals just seemed to sort of go over the top, and there wasn't too much that I could actually get a foothold on.

I can appreciate the guitar work, good stuff, Perhaps I don't know what im supposed to be looking for in this band, But Ill listen to the Second one and see what I think.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Listened to the first one, and I see how they could grow on you.

The vocals just seemed to sort of go over the top, and there wasn't too much that I could actually get a foothold on.

I can appreciate the guitar work, good stuff, Perhaps I don't know what im supposed to be looking for in this band, But Ill listen to the Second one and see what I think.

I hated the album the first time listening. The vocals especially ruined it for me.

Then I gave it another chance, and realized it's brilliance, and have come to enjoy the vocals, as they compliment the music instead of barfing all over it.

^Anata are complete wank, you can skip them and listen to the much better Origin instead.
calling something wanky and then suggesting Origin instead is a stretch...
though to be fair I've never given Anata a fair listen.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by The Kreator
^Anata are complete wank, you can skip them and listen to the much better Origin instead.

The two are nothing alike, so I'm baffled to see you comparing them.
I've never considered Immolation to be Tech Death. I've always called it Awesome Death Metal. Either way, how bout The Chasm's Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm? It's got quite a large emphasis on the lead.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by The Kreator
Anata are complete wank, you can skip them and listen to the much better Origin instead.

... contradiction much? I like both but they have nothing to do with each other. Anata have a far greater emphasis on wierd ass harmonies than speed, where as Origin are all about "lets see who can play fastest and write the shortest song".

Anyways, Augury need more mention. Their first album is easier to get into and more enjoyable than the second, but if you give the second a listen enough times, it grown on you a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucd0GDDtRio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DPW9ED1WBs
Quote by The Kreator

Haha don't be an idiot. Anata are probably the most one of the most innovative bands in modern Death Metal.

They're taking so long with this new album but those two excerpts on their myspace ensure me it's going to be spectacular.

Some may disagree, but I'd definitely recommend the Deeds of Flesh 'Of What's to Come' album. It's pretty insane.
Quote by The Kreator

^Anata Origin are complete wank, you can skip them and listen to the much better Origin instead.

I think that's what he meant.

You kids and your tech death. Augury and Martyr are the only 2 bands that matter at the moment, given that they are from Canada.
I enjoyed a lil Plasmarifle as well, even if they have their wacky core moments. But still Canadian.
Isn't the Plasmarifle vocalist the old old Neuraxis vocalist? I disliked his vocals on the Imagery album then. How are they with Plasmarifle?

I have yet to check out Martyr. Any recommended songs? And I see they suffer the disease that Quo Vadis has too. One album every five or so years, minimum.
I have their United in Regret Album, And its pretty good.

Due to the Vocal style though, Ive heard them Classified as Death Core, Don't remember where I heard that though. Whats funny Is I can hardly stand Black metal Vox, but I can listen to Arsis all day.
Arsis is definitely not deathcore. Whoever said that is an imbecile.

I have all their albums and they're all good
My fave techdeath:

Martyr - Feeding The Abscess. Most technical and complex music I have ever heard aside from free-form jazz.

Ulcerate - Everything Is Fire. Complex composition, zero wank, beautiful dissonance. Think Immolation mixed with Deathspell Omega.

Augury - Fragmentary Evidence. Same as Martyr, but with more focus on melody rather than dissonance and atonality, and slightly less technical.

Also, Separatist and Quo Vadis are really good.

Arsis are good, but yeah can't listen to them for too long at a time really.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

^That

Other bands worth checking out are: Anata, Arsis, Cerebrum, Decapitated, Gorod, Gory Blister, Obscura, Odious Mortem and of course Spawn of Possession.
щ(゚Д゚щ
Unfortunately I've never been able to get into Martyr, although I've tried several times. The vocals mainly bother me.

Can someone recommend me one of their better songs?
Obscura are one of my favorite Tech Death bands. Cosmogenesis is a really sweet album.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by Squifey
No Brain Drill love?

I've heard a lot of stuff by them but they're not my taste. They're too tech for me... as odd as that sounds in a techdeth thread.
Tasteless tech death is how you can describe Brain Drill. Although I must admit when I'm in the mood for some pointless, directionless wankery and brutality they can be fun.

People need to check out Unhuman. When the album gets out these guys are gonna dominate.

Also a band called Duobetic Homunkulus if you like your tech death wacky with keyboards.
Quote by BukkakeBear
^That

Other bands worth checking out are: Anata, Arsis, Cerebrum, Decapitated, Gorod, Gory Blister, Obscura, Odious Mortem and of course Spawn of Possession.

Even I don't listen to bands with names as retarded as that.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Death
Obscura
Decrepit Birth
Atheist
Necrophagist

Those are my favorites. I've been getting a bit into Arsis lately as well.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Two really good Tech Death albums came out this year, Cosmogenesis, and Fragmentary Evidence.

Somehow, I get the same kind of feel between Obscura's new album and Augury's. They have these Similar tones that they both hit, and they both seem to go along similar lines. I don't really know how to describe it, but both of those albums have this same kind of feel.
Quote by Monolith295

Believe it or not the lyrical themes have nothing to do with gore etc. All their themes are about the cosmos and stuff.

Good band, but sounded just like pretty standard techdeaf from what I heard of it.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Gorod make tasteful tech death.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Necrophagist, Fleshgod Apocolypse, hour of Pennance and Achokarlos.
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
Quote by Monolith295

Yes, it's quite ridiculous ain't it?
щ(゚Д゚щ