I wanna play Mr.Brownstone and Sweet Child o Mine. I have a Ibanez JEM7v and Marshall MG100DFX and BOSS ME-20....Would any one tell me how to set up the amp and ME-2O to get the slash sound as much as possible? Thank you!
Get a Les Paul and a Marshell Stack
Gear

Fender Mustang

Fender Telecaster

Fender Frontman 212R

Johnson Marquis JM60

Devi Ever Rocket

Boss Super Phaser

Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95

Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (NYC)
Honestly, Slash's tone in Sweet Child of Mine is crap, when by itself. Listen to the opening riff, it doesn't sound good. But when the rest of the band comes in, that's when it sounds good. It takes the rest of the band to make the tone he has for that song sound good.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Your amp should be fine, but like HeadHunter said, a Les Paul is almost crucial to Slash's sound.
Guitars

1992 Fender Standard Stratocaster
2009 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2010 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Ovation Celebrity 6-String Acoustic
Fender BG29 Acoustic 4-string Bass
Quote by Koshman32
Honestly, Slash's tone in Sweet Child of Mine is crap, when by itself. Listen to the opening riff, it doesn't sound good. But when the rest of the band comes in, that's when it sounds good. It takes the rest of the band to make the tone he has for that song sound good.

YOU FORGOT THE TOP HAT
thats what makes him sound awesome
but to tell you the truth
you can play ANYTHING on an ibanez
'nuff said
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by Koshman32

Way to contribute nothing to the thread.

Anyway, I don't know about the Boss, but turn the gain up pretty high on the amp, use a fair amount of bass and a moderate amount of midrange and treble. Switch the guitar to the neck pickup, roll off the tone nob a bit, and tweak from there.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
You're not going to get Slash's sound with a superstrat and a solid-state half stack with a multi-effect. That's about as digital of a sound as you can get. Sounds to me like you just went to Guitar Center's website with your dad's Preferred Player Card and went for the Top Sellers/Highest Rated in each category...

Slash's sound is achieved with a thick-bodied mahogany guitar, maple top, and rosewood fretboard. The woods are key. You then need some lower output alnico pickups to get as woody/natural of a sound as possible. Pair that with an all-tube amp with medium gain and fairly standard settings and you're good to go.

People act like Slash's sound is some sort of rare secret recipe, and it is to some extent, but only because not many people these days go for that old-school kind of sound.

You should sell all of that crap and get something more along the lines of a Les Paul like an LTD EC series guitar. As for an amp I would HIGHLY recommend a Peavey Valveking 112. It's the most affordable all-tube amp that I am aware of, and you can coax many sounds out of it. I have one and it's great.

Though the stuff you have might be cool, it's not worth having. You should at least learn how to play and how to tweak settings first. Don't tell me you do know how because if you did, you wouldn't be on here advertising the expensive equipment you may or may not have bought yourself asking for "settings" on some of the most overdone songs featuring Slash.
1. Get something with tubes. Slash I believe has said that he's a fairly diehard tube guy.
2. Sweet Child: Neck pickup, roll the tone off. Either crank the tubes or put an MXR-based distortion(What he's been using occasionally live) from the ME-20 in front of it. Experiment to satisfaction. Switch to bridge pickup for wah.
3. Brownstone: Bridge humbucker, tone and volume up, wah-wah.

That's the simplest I can put it. I haven't listened to Appetite in a while, so I can't be positive. But if I recall it was something like that or something.

Also, to those saying the Les Paul is essential for Slash's sound, it is important, but guitars he has also used while sounding like Slash:
Les Paul
Single-coiled Melody Makers
SG's
EDS-1275's
Explorers
V's
Firebirds
335's
a strat and tele here and there
A Musicman Silhouette
A few BC Rich's(Most notable a Mockingbird)
A Gretsch Brian Setzer.

It's helpful, but his settings, amp and hands are a lot bigger of a part of the picture.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by guitarsftw
Way to contribute nothing to the thread.

Anyway, I don't know about the Boss, but turn the gain up pretty high on the amp, use a fair amount of bass and a moderate amount of midrange and treble. Switch the guitar to the neck pickup, roll off the tone nob a bit, and tweak from there.

Contributing to the fact that Slash's guitar tone in that song is shit by itself, and trying to get that tone is gonna make his tone sound like shit, unless he's playing a band that can match the tone of the rest of the GNR crew
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings