I want to buy a guitar and leanr how to play, but everything i'm finding is a bit out of my price range, and i just want to start playing as soon as i can, i've found a guitar locally but i'm a lil unsure about it, it's Behringer with the amp and all patch cords, extra set of strings and soft case, for $150 CDN, should i go for it?
Personally, get an acoustic first.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
i've had a hard time finding an accoustic under $250 which is under my price range, i live in quite a remote area
i've just never heard of behringer and the only information i've found online is aobut usb guitars.....
i would always recommend getting a first guitar from a friend or something. Either get a really old/cheap one for free or dirt cheap off of someone you know. Only as a means of knowing if its something you would want to do.
How big's your town? I've seen a $150 one in my town of like 6,000 people.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
i know the person selling it, i've heard the guitar play and it sounds good, held it and tried it myself, liked it, felt nice, instinct told me it was good to go, just the fact that i don't recognize the brand makes me a lil weary, and the price is perfect for me, i'll always be looking for something later down the line, i jsut don't want to make a bad choice at the start and have that happen sooner than planned
behringer is a decent company (as far as amps go, i think) but pretty much all starter packs all together like that are of poor quality (no exceptions). some are more playable than others. i'm personally completely against them, i think you'll get years more out of some quality gear (maybe with a starting total of $400 USD for amp and guitar) but if your passion to start outweighs your budget then you really have no choice. i think it'll be an alright start for a year or two.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by JamesP86
i know the person selling it, i've heard the guitar play and it sounds good, held it and tried it myself, liked it, felt nice, instinct told me it was good to go, just the fact that i don't recognize the brand makes me a lil weary, and the price is perfect for me, i'll always be looking for something later down the line, i jsut don't want to make a bad choice at the start and have that happen sooner than planned

My first guitar (a while ago), if I remember correctly, was a Mitchell. Guitar Center sells solid-top spruce acoustics ("dreadnought") for about $100 US. You might want to try starting out with something like that.

Either way, just get playing!
Trust me, I waited too long to take it seriously, and I regret it now.

Gear:
'00 Fender SRV Strat MIA
'95 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez Acoustic/Electric (Mod. AEG20E - VV)
Fender Super-Champ XD Amp
Boss Loop Station Pedal
Hope, fear, confusion, no natural talent.
Alright, thanks guys, i'm gonna go with my first instinct and grab it, in the new year come income tax time i'll lok into ordering some better equipment online, since there's no local music shops in the norhern remotes of ontario! Thanks again, i'll b looking forward to your advise on my future investments!
Behringer is a sort of mainstream off-brand. Their guitars are legit and work just fine, they're guitars. All I can say is they're guitars. I wouldn't gig in front of 50,000 people with one, but they're comfortable and to start out on, not a bad deal. I say go for it and invest in an electric tuner first chance you get. It'll help you get an ear for pitch so you can tune on your own.

Another guy said go acoustic. If you can find one, go acoustic. If not, behringer. Acoustic is harder to play, and builds up tremendous finger strength. The theory is; If you can play acoustic, you can play electric twice as good. Electric's much easier; I started on acoustic and I'm definitely glad I did. If you can't start off acoustic, learn it later. Spend a couple months down the line and play nothing but acoustic, then switch back to electric.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.