EDIT: DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A HALF-STACK

Hi guys!

I've been playing out of a crappy 10 watt combo practice amp for about a year, and on Thanksgiving it just died. But I've been wanting to get a new amp for a while, so I've got money saved up for one. I'm on a budget of about $800-1000, though $1000 is really pushing it. I don't play metal and I like indie/alternative/power pop stuff. Thanks guys.
Last edited by xKyrie at Nov 30, 2009,
You do not need a halfstackkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Try a Fender Hotrod Deville.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Last edited by stevenpollock at Nov 30, 2009,
wai do you wantz a half-stackorz?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I don't want a "halfstackkkkkkkkkkkkkk", I want a half-stack. Yeah, I'm a smartass. I'd like to be able to play small gigs eventually. I know Marshall has a few <$1000 ones, are they good?
While I still had it, I gigged with my 30-watt SS Laney combo and I didn't even have the volume past half. Schwing!
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
FYI, You dont need a half stack to play a gig.
Combo's can be just as loud, if not louder then half stacks.
Half stacks are for looks.
A real guitarist buys the amp for tone, not its looks.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
you probably don't want a half stack when that's your budget. for that price you can get a fender Hot Rod Deluxe as has already been said, or you could even look at a Vox AC15, or a used Vox AC30. if you REALLY want a half stack, and don't really care whether it looks like a wall of marshalls, have a look at the Vox Night Train. absolutely fantastic little amp. its loud, powerful, great sounding, and very small and light.
Quote by Rockerdude22
FYI, You dont need a half stack to play a gig.
Combo's can be just as loud, if not louder then half stacks.
Half stacks are for looks.
A real guitarist buys the amp for tone, not its looks.

Point taken and mind changed. I'm open to any amp, combo or not.

Thanks for replying guys, I'll take a look at the Vox. What other good amps can I get for less than $1000?
you could get a vox ac50 for that cash new. it'd work fine. 2 usable channels etc. it sounds fine at lower volumes.

also, check your local craigslist. $1000 goes a long way these days on a nice used amp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
you could get a vox ac50 for that cash new. it'd work fine. 2 usable channels etc. it sounds fine at lower volumes.

also, check your local craigslist. $1000 goes a long way these days on a nice used amp.

Mmmmm Vox ac50.
I'd recommend going to a music store and trying a few. In the used market I've heard some really amazing stuff in that price range. A friend of mine got a Soldano combo -- wow, that thing is amazing!

But a Vox AC30, Blackstar Artisan 30 combo, lots of amps by Fender and even some Mesa Boogie are out there.

But find what suits your ear and then seek out a deal on that exact amp. That's my less than professional advice.
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Laney VC30 or Vox AC30 (ideally an older one not the crappy Custom Classic series). Also a Bugera 1960 and 2x12 cab.

Agreed on the other comments though, $1000 will get you a hell of a nice amp if you're buying used.