I cannot decide which one to get.

I play mostly metal type stuff.

I want someones advice on which one to get.

Also I want to know what pedal would sound better with either one of these amps: a Boss Metal Zone or a Digitech Metal Master?
I'd say stay away from the pedals as pedal + modeling amp usually = sub par results.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Quote by Balmazer
I'd say stay away from the pedals as pedal + modeling amp usually = sub par results.

Well theirs not really an amp that goes well with pedals that in under or around $200.
If you're looking for an amp that can take pedals in that price range, try checking out the Vox VT30. I've heard people talking here and around the net about how surprisingly well it can take pedals for a modeling amp- haven't tried it with pedals first-hand yet, so I'm not speaking from personal experience or anything, just saying what I've heard.

Guitar Center has it listed for $269 right now, and with Vox's current rebate deal, you can get a $50 rebate for the VT30.
Whats the point of buying a modelling amp that in your case shines distortion wise, to just use a crappy boss pedal into it? If you want to do that I'd say get a 5 watt tube amp, then run a decent distortion pedal (Basically avoid pedals with metal in the name).
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Yeah, if your going to run a pedal your probably better off with a valve junior.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Get the vypyr. It's got loads of gain so you don't need the pedals. And get a Sanpera I footswitch for the vypyr with the money instead. All the cubes under 30w aren't great imo. The vypyr has way more effects.
My Gear
Cube 30
Sx Strat

My Future Gear:

Laney Cub 10 Ibanez RG350EX GT-10
Vypyr 30 Cort X-TH Ibanez TS9
6505+ Dlux Players Strat Hotplate
JSX Standard Tele Cases
TSL100 Dean Razorback 7 Stands
Dlux Reverb Dean From Hell Stuff...
Quote by JoePerry4life
Whats the point of buying a modelling amp that in your case shines distortion wise, to just use a crappy boss pedal into it? If you want to do that I'd say get a 5 watt tube amp, then run a decent distortion pedal (Basically avoid pedals with metal in the name).

Metal Muff... Just sayin'

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Get the Vypyr, The Cube 30X and up are decent, below that they take off models and effects. And you dont need a pedal, thats why they have all of those effects and stompboxes built in!
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by scott58
Yeah, if your going to run a pedal your probably better off with a valve junior.

Is the Jr. Valve worth having?
Quote by Blckspawn
Is the Jr. Valve worth having?

Not for your style of music it's not

They're fun to mod...but not going to be a metal amp...no matter what you do. I was bored with mine the day after I finished the mods.
Quote by eyebanez333
Not for your style of music it's not

They're fun to mod...but not going to be a metal amp...no matter what you do. I was bored with mine the day after I finished the mods.

So them just get Peavy Vyper and no Pedal?
Quote by Blckspawn
So them just get Peavy Vyper and no Pedal?

If you're buying new...it's probably your best route. What's your total budget? If you'll buy used...where do you live? (kind of surprised these questions haven't been asked yet).
Quote by eyebanez333
If you're buying new...it's probably your best route. What's your total budget? If you'll buy used...where do you live? (kind of surprised these questions haven't been asked yet).

Well $200-300, maybe. I was going to use $100 of it to buy a pedal, but everyone says not to. so...

I usually buy from Guitarcenter.
Quote by Blckspawn
Well $200-300, maybe. I was going to use $100 of it to buy a pedal, but everyone says not to. so...

I usually buy from Guitarcenter.

The vypyr would be your best route. You might check Musicians Friend first though...they had used Vypyr 60's (the tube version) for $350 last week, with free shipping. That's a steal and I really liked the 60 when I played it.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by eyebanez333
The vypyr would be your best route. You might check Musicians Friend first though...they had used Vypyr 60's (the tube version) for $350 last week. That's a steal and I really liked the 60 when I played it.

Would the Vyper give a good Distorted sound along with other effects?
Quote by Blckspawn
Would the Vyper give a good Distorted sound along with other effects?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a2HtWDG0vw

not the best demo, but there are others on youtube too. i would try one out at guitar center, if you like it, and decide you want the tube 60, order it from musicians friend and save some money.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
The Metal Muff sucks as well.

??

thats just an opinion, this pedal is very good for the price.

oh and the roland cube is nice, but you will grow tired of it in a year or so. Don't know bout the vypyr
Last edited by Wiintruder at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by eyebanez333
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a2HtWDG0vw

not the best demo, but there are others on youtube too. i would try one out at guitar center, if you like it, and decide you want the tube 60, order it from musicians friend and save some money.

It seems like a good sounding amp, but they don't have it under $450 so its alittle out of my price range.
Quote by Blckspawn
It seems like a good sounding amp, but they don't have it under $450 so its alittle out of my price range.

I figured they might not have the used ones anymore. I'm at work and Musicians Friend is blocked (but UG isn't )
Quote by eyebanez333
I figured they might not have the used ones anymore. I'm at work and Musicians Friend is blocked (but UG isn't )

My school does that too, but I can get around every firewall they have.

One more question: Should i get a Pedal with the Peavey Vyper?