Page 1 of 5
Well a few days ago i was having my friends over, and we were talkin somthin about government my friend said "That's why anarchy would be a perfect system blahblah."

So out of curiosity, i ask, what do you think about a community with no governmnet, an anarchy?

I think that in the end it will not work out because mainly

-There is no law keeping people from taking what they want, when they want, and no incentive for people to work for or help other people in the commmunity

-There would be no government, which means no currency, besides solid goods. Markets and trading could be difficult

Just hoping the pit would want to share its opinions?

Edit: sorry if there was a thread already about this
Last edited by Spaz_monster at Nov 30, 2009,
Of course it won't work. Look at how the judicial system will run. If there was no government, I could legally kill someone and get away with it for the rest of my life. It would be utter fables of chaos.
I dunno. Ask Somalia.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
something tells me i probably would not survive very long in some crazy Mad Max distopian future with no rules... i get my haircut at a salon. I can see some 300 lb biker drinking soup out of my skull within 3 days. I like my rules thank you very much.
It could never work as a legitimate form of government. Anarchy is reserved for teenagers who want to be rebellious without any actual knowledge of how the state works.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I think anarchy will always end up progressing to some type of governing system.
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Oh i lol'd quite a lot. Internets to you Normul. Normul you are the funniest man on all the internets. I would gladly make dirty lovin' to Normul all night long. Normul is the reason I breath. Normul
Quote by Gunpowder
It could never work as a legitimate form of government. Anarchy is reserved for teenagers who want to be rebellious without any actual knowledge of how the state works.

Just wait until Nietsche gets here.

He's gonna rip you a new one.

Anyway, I think that anarcho-communism and anarcho-syndicalism are pretty cool. Anarcho-capitalism is pure madness.
Quote by captaincrunk
Please, please delete this thread? You don't have the status or intelligence to hold it together as long as Craigo.

seriously? you're seriously calling out his intelligence because of a simple question, and STATUS? gtfo of here with that status bullshit, this is a free forum not a Caste based 3rd world country. now, to keep this on topic lets say this website were run on an Anarchic system. you could go ahead and say whatever you want, because there is no ruling system to keep you in line (the mods). however it would soon descend into a swirling vortex of failure and destruction. your post literally proves that anarchy cannot work... well done.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Nov 30, 2009,
I think that for an anarchy to work you would have to have a central code of ethics to tell people whats right and wrong and that whoever breaks those rules would be banished. Eventually all the people who would ever break the rules would be gone and society would work.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
seriously? you're seriously calling out his intelligence because of a simple question, and STATUS? gtfo of here with that status bullshit, this is a free forum not a Caste based 3rd world country.

Right, because everyone respects 09'ers and I'm not basing mystatements on facts.

GFTO of here with this your ridiculous comparisons.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
seriously? you're seriously calling out his intelligence because of a simple question, and STATUS? gtfo of here with that status bullshit, this is a free forum not a Caste based 3rd world country.

If you're denying that there isn't a hierarchy here, you're delusional.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

I'd imagine he's calling him out on his intelligence because it's pretty obvious that, like most people in this thread, doesn't have the first clue about what anarchy entails.

At least wait till Neitshe is online to make this thread, otherwise it's just going to be full of retards making the same bullshit statements about how anarchy means there are no laws and would never work blah blah blah.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Anyone who thinks anarchy could ever work is extremely niave.Unfortunatly there are too many greedy and violent among us.
The problem with Anarchism is that it has been hijacked by collectivists. As such, an "anarchist revolution" of some sort would end with the institution of Anarcho-Syndicalism or some other toddler's ideology that is little different than Communism. So, sorry, no Anarchy for me..... i happen to be a fan of rational self interest.
Quote by john2009
Anyone who thinks anarchy could ever work is extremely niave.Unfortunatly there are too many greedy and violent among us.

It's generally a bad idea to call one of the greatest thinkers in the world naive, it makes you look like a dumbass.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Only the weak are afraid of anarchy cause it would go back to survival of the fittest. It would bring an end to the saying "You don't have to be smart to be alive."
Quote by Ur all $h1t

It's generally a bad idea to call one of the greatest thinkers in the world naive, it makes you look like a dumbass.

CHOM-CHOMS!

Yes, I have a nickname for Chomsky. Don't judge me!
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Smart men have often made mistakes.Anarchy will NEVER work.
Quote by SlapHappie
Only the weak are afraid of anarchy cause it would go back to survival of the fittest. It would bring an end to the saying "You don't have to be smart to be alive."

Have fun being killed by a motorcycle gang.
Quote by SlapHappie

Pray tell what anarchy has to do with "survival of the fittest?"
COULD work provided you removed the need for material want and also instituted a replacement system to handle all bureacratic affairs, maybe by asking an AI nicely for some spare computational power to basically run civilisation. Of course, it'd have to be the size of a small planet itself, and have to get around annoying little details like the speed of light, so it's not too likely.
On paper it seems like a good idea, but in application I don't think it can even truly exist. Same deal with communism.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by john2009
Smart men have often made mistakes.Anarchy will NEVER work.

Smart men are less likely to make mistakes.
My point, by the way, wasn't that he was right, it was simply that calling anyone who believes anarchy can work naive is stupid. Particularly when you don't seem to know a thing about it yourself.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
I don't think it's as simple as "it won't work, people are too evil and greedy."

You really have to know a lot about political systems and social sciences to make the boisterous claims half of you are making.
Quote by technicolour
I don't think it's as simple as "it won't work, people are too evil and greedy."

You really have to know a lot about political systems and social sciences to make the boisterous half claims some of you are making.

I think this version of your post is more accurate to your feelings, no?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Smart men are less likely to make mistakes.
My point, by the way, wasn't that he was right, it was simply that calling anyone who believes anarchy can work naive is stupid. Particularly when you don't seem to know a thing about it yourself.

Why do you say this?Because I don't believe in the good of humanity?
Quote by captaincrunk
Would the world community frown on the idea of all the smart people moving to Australia and starting an anarcho-communistic society?

Acceptable, except for the Australia part. Come on man.
Quote by SlapHappie

something tells me that in a world with highly advanced technology, a "survival of the fittest" scenario could only end up badly for all involved.
Page 1 of 5