Page 1 of 2
hey so im gettin my first car in january (license in late december) and not sure what car to get... my price range is like up to 9000$ (im payin 3000 and my parents are covering the rest). I originally wanted a 05 mustang coupe, and still do, but im kinda havin second thoughts cuz my older bro has an 01 or 02 mustang and i dont want to copy him. what other decent cars are there in my price range? oh also i cant get a truck, 4runner, suv, or any kind of sports car... pretty much just a standard compact car. any opinions / advice are greatly appreciated

thanks
MEOW
Quote by chaoticfables
Get a Gibson Les Paul.

hopefully gettin money towards an american strat for xmas / bday (my bday is dec. 29 get my license the 30th haha)
MEOW
A Mustang? Are you retarded? They get like 12 MPG. Seriously, don't be so concerned about what your car looks like and try and be more concerned with how practical it would be.

Look for something that's dependable, and gets relatively high miles to the gallon.

Also with nine grand you probably ought to buy from a dealer.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by HeyItsChenny
hey so im gettin my first car in january (license in late december) and not sure what car to get... my price range is like up to 9000$ (im payin 3000 and my parents are covering the rest). I originally wanted a 05 mustang coupe, and still do, but im kinda havin second thoughts cuz my older bro has an 01 or 02 mustang and i dont want to copy him. what other decent cars are there in my price range? oh also i cant get a truck, 4runner, suv, or any kind of sports car... pretty much just a standard compact car. any opinions / advice are greatly appreciated

thanks

you can't afford a 2005+ mustang with $9000. (the V6 is not a mustang lol)

You could however look at a 2002-2004 BMW 3 series coupe. that's about as "sporty" as i'd recommend for a first car in relation to body style. going out and getting a Corvette would be very foolish.
I don't believe your parents are giving you $6,000.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by captaincrunk
My mom paid nearly 65 out of 350 dollars we spent on the car I've been driving for 3 years.

So you've been driving since you were 13?
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by captaincrunk
Mustangs are girly. I'm dead serious.

If you like Ford, try the Fusion and Focus.

did you wake up on the sdrawkcab side of the bed this morning?

the mustang Mach 1 i am restoring, sitting in my driveway right now.
420 horsepower, 351 2v V8.

Ford Focus RS, the best one you can buy right now (for a ludicrous price)

301 horsepower, turbo 4 banger... fwd. you've heard of torque steer right?

i'll just leave you with that
Quote by Bushinarin
A Mustang? Are you retarded? They get like 12 MPG. Seriously, don't be so concerned about what your car looks like and try and be more concerned with how practical it would be.

Look for something that's dependable, and gets relatively high miles to the gallon.

Also with nine grand you probably ought to buy from a dealer.

who cares about mileage? quit being a girl and get a real car...

go for performance dude. not some piece of econo-trash...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Honda Civic coupe, sporty and nice & comfortable. Wont be in the shop alot like a Ford.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
did you wake up on the sdrawkcab side of the bed this morning?

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/8/2/9/5/829514/pics/_c651154_image_0.jpg
the mustang Mach 1 i am restoring, sitting in my driveway right now.
420 horsepower, 351 2v V8.
Quote by siksofus
Honda Civic coupe, sporty and nice & comfortable. Wont be in the shop alot like a Ford.

this is a good suggestion, but ONLY if it's the Si. I hate the new econo-coupe civics. the Si is the only one worth buying. unfortunately, it's going to cost a bit more than $9000. you'd have to save up and get at least $12,000 for one with relatively high miles, but he's right, these things are built like tanks.
Quote by joshua029
who cares about mileage? quit being a girl and get a real car...

go for performance dude. not some piece of econo-trash...

NO U.

But seriously, it doesn't really make a ton of sense to me to go for some sporty douchebag car.

Then again, I guess it depends on what the TS is going to use it for. I have a car with shitty mileage, and I have to commute a lot. It sucks... a lot.

Just really think it through, also a newer and nicer car will cost more to insure.

Click me, or I'll die.

Quote by captaincrunk
I'm 19 idiot.

You're calling me an idiot?

I'm sorry "sir", but most people get their licenses when they turn what..15 or 16? Okay maybe you live in a country where you get you drivers license later then in America or something. But from the way you're wording your posts, all we can assume if you a 15/16 year old kid looking for their first car.

Not trying to start a flame war or anything, but you need to chill.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar

I'm sorry "sir", but most people get their licenses when they turn what..15 or 16? Okay maybe you live in a country where you get you drivers license later then in America or something. But from the way you're wording your posts, all we can assume if you a 15/16 year old kid looking for their first car.

He's nineteen and said he's been driving for three years. That would make him 16 when he got his license.

Did you read what he said?

Click me, or I'll die.

Quote by Bushinarin
He's nineteen and said he's been driving for three years. That would make him 16 when he got his license.

Did you read what he said?

Yeah, and he also said he's getting his liscense in late December.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar

You've got to be joking. I'm just gonna let u go, Mr IdntNedUrCvlWar, you'll be someone else's problem sooner or later.
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Yeah, and he also said he's getting his liscense in late December.

Where?

On closer inspection, he didn't say that.

Click me, or I'll die.

Last edited by Bushinarin at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by Bushinarin
Where?

On closer inspection, he didn't say that.

His very first post.

And Captaincrunk. I'm sorry you think that, but goodbye.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
His very first post.

And Captaincrunk. I'm sorry you think that, but goodbye.

No, he didn't.

Quote by HeyItsChenny
hopefully gettin money towards an american strat for xmas / bday (my bday is dec. 29 get my license the 30th haha)

T'was a different guy. Sorry for our misunderstanding. But now we have resolution.

Click me, or I'll die.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
(the V6 is not a mustang lol)

It certainly isn't.

Damn you kids and your parents buying you cars! I had to work for my crappy car.
/rant
Wow embarrassing mistake. Terrbily sorry fellow UGers
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by captaincrunk
My mom paid nearly 65 out of 350 dollars we spent on the car I've been driving for 3 years.

Pssh my car leaks and burns oil, leaks tranny fluid, has a gaping hole in the muffler, the doors are falling apart, there is a great quantity of rust around the tires, and on a good day it gets around 10mpg.

Give me a break, pussy.

I've only been driving it for three months though. I hope I can get it to go five years.

Edit: Did I mention that it was at one point being driven with no transmission fluid so now the tranny slips? It's a bit of a pain in the ass on icy roads as the engine revs high causing the tires to spin before it shifts.
Last edited by CaptainRon at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by captaincrunk
Whatcha get? Just curious.

2000 Chevy Cavalier with a bazillion miles on it. $2,000 for it.
Quote by CaptainRon
Pssh my car leaks and burns oil, leaks tranny fluid, has a gaping hole in the muffler, the doors are falling apart, there is a great quantity of rust around the tires, and on a good day it gets around 10mpg.

Give me a break, pussy.

I've only been driving it for three months though. I hope I can get it to go five years.

My car gets almost 18 mpg. And any car thats 22 years old is gonna burn oil, but I spent my own cash to replace the transmission. And sanded and painted my rust away.

Pussy
Last edited by captaincrunk at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by captaincrunk
My car gets almost 18 mpg. And any car thats 22 years old is gonna burn oil, but I spent my own cash to replace the transmission. And sanded and painted my rust away.

Pussy :p

The worst part is the car is only 12 years old. The struts are completely shot (not that I care to replace them) and the rust has taken chunks out of the body, if it was fixable I would certainly do it.

Edit: Oh yeah on top of the slipping transmission if I drive to slow or the car idles too long if I turn (especially left turns) it will stall.
Last edited by CaptainRon at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by CaptainRon
The worst part is the car is only 12 years old. The struts are completely shot (not that I care to replace them) and the rust has taken chunks out of the body, if it was fixable I would certainly do it.

You'd get more money from the junkyard

To TS: I'm thinking you want either a Focus or a Fusion. Neither have massive engines but both are pretty luxurious. You said you didn't want sporty, but if you do you might want to look outside of America, as they produce sporty at a lower cost, while we get luxury at a lower cost.
Quote by skaterskagg1
2000 Chevy Cavalier with a bazillion miles on it. $2,000 for it.

My friend got a mid 90's cavalier, in great shape, with 50k miles for $500.

He has crashed it twice in two months.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
My friend got a mid 90's cavalier, in great shape, with 50k miles for $500.

He has crashed it twice in two months.

50 thousand miles? Mid 90's? Why do people buy cars they're never gonna drive?
Page 1 of 2