So I'm looking into getting a new solid state halfstack and I ran into the Raven RG100. It looks pretty cool and I'm goin to try one out at GC sometime soon but I need some feedback on how they are. I play alot of Metallica, RATM, Buckethead, SOAD, alot of random stuff.

Also, if I go into GC and sell em my MG stack (no need to flame...) how much do yall think I'll end up getting or being able to get discounted if I buy the raven?

thanks in advance
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Honestly, a Raven isn't really an upgrade from an MG...
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

budget?

gig or no?

nearest major city for used amp search?

what kind of guitar / pedals do you have?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
budget?

gig or no?

nearest major city for used amp search?

what kind of guitar / pedals do you have?

budget... kinda close to like 400-600, i think the ravens 450 new so thats awesome

gig, somewhat. ill get a few here and there

nearest city, im in Dallas, TX so i got Dallas, Ft Worth, Houston after christmas, etc

mainly ESPs, all of my guitars have EMG60/81 combo, tuned to standard or drop C, pedals are pretty simple. Dunlop crybaby, gettin a whammy pedal, Boss DD-7, sometimes an EHX Metal Muff

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
Quote by boboguitar
Honestly, a Raven isn't really an upgrade from an MG...

This plus a million
Avoid those useless crap sockets

Peavey Valveking

or Spider Valve hd 100 ( with tweaking this is an excellent amp for the price, and by tweaking i mean finding your own settings + tubescreamer = pure sex)
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by diofan88
This plus a million
Avoid those useless crap sockets

Peavey Valveking

or Spider Valve hd 100 ( with tweaking this is an excellent amp for the price, and by tweaking i mean finding your own settings + tubescreamer = pure sex)

i want an SS amp and im not really into using a pedal for distortion, i like using the amps overdrive

also, halfstacks are ideal cause if i get a new head, im gunna want to get rid of the MG412 cab cause its smaller

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/msg/1487588799.html mts head, $350
would need a cab.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/msg/1483713788.html b-52 at112 $275
pretty versatile amp.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/msg/1483005012.html mesa subway rocket, $425.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/msg/1477392156.html Laney LC30. Little high on the cash, but we don't see these in the us that often.

I'd rather have any of those over the mentioned crap from GC. Try before you buy, always.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Johansensan
i want an SS amp and im not really into using a pedal for distortion, i like using the amps overdrive

also, halfstacks are ideal cause if i get a new head, im gunna want to get rid of the MG412 cab cause its smaller

What?

Well, getting a half stack to look cool isn't the way to go. Cheaping out on a half stack makes it worse.

Raven amps are GC's line of amps, they are one of the worst amps on the market, I'd consider this a downgrade from your mg. Why exactly do you want solid state? If you prefer to use the amps own distortion, then your better off getting a tube amp, at your budget, a tube combo not a half stack.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Don't sell your amp back to GC, sell it on craigslist.

Don't buy a Raven from GC, look for something else on craigslist first.

(like gregs1020 was showing you)

stuff to look for new:
Peavey 6505+ 112 $580
Peavey Vypyr 120H $600
Peavey Valveking 100 $500
B52 AT100 $500
Spider Valve $500 maybe

used look for an Ampeg Vh140h, Peavey VTM, XXX, XXL, Ultra, 5150, 6505, stuff like that

Edit: I rec'd 2 SS amps and 2 hybrids
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Dec 1, 2009,
He's looking for a solid state you silly geese.

I'd recommend a used vetta or flextone. Or the VoxVT (while this is a hybrid, and not totally solid state, you can set it so that it doesn't sound saturated and is all preamp, the power amp is SS anyway).