Page 1 of 335
The Pokemon thread is back!

This is a universal version of the Pokemon threads. We had two threads going on:
HoF (Pokemon Hall of Fame)
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1154791

And the normal Pokemon Thread:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875266&highlight=pokemon

Discuss the card game, video games/ hack games, TV series, Manga, etc.

BTW guys I asked DreadNought if this was OK, he approved!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Last edited by TheSPillow at Oct 20, 2010,
Quote by pilgrimevan
Drapion FTW!!!

Who's ready for HG/SS?

I'm quite excited.

Except the Pokewalker thing looks super retarded.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by imafool18
I'm quite excited.

Except the Pokewalker thing looks super retarded.

Pokewalker?

What's that?
No means maybe
Holy Crap! I almost shat myself because I saw the main thread closed.
Calm down Philly, it's okay now...
Anyway, so yeah. Can't wait for HG/SS. Totodile FTW.

*Personal Stickied*
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Last edited by PhillyHendrix at Nov 30, 2009,
Whew. I saw the lock on the old one and was like "WHAT?"

I guess I'll ask this question here again then, though I doubt anyone will know the answer.

I've been playing a hack of Emerald, aptly named Emerald Enhanced, in which you can actually catch all 386 without trading. Now I seem to have hit a bump though, and am stuck at 384. I can't seem to figure out where to catch a Spinda. I know where to catch a Delibird (My other missing one; I just can't seem to run into one.), but I don't know where Spinda is.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated.
Hey guys, I'm thinking about ditching Kadabra, Skarmory and Graveler for Tyranitar, Dragonite, and (possibly) Snorlax. Should I do it?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I've been replaying Crystal version (Beaten Red) with this team:
Skarmory: 51
Hitmonlee: 51
Slowbro: 53
Typhlosion: 57
Dragonite: 55
Jumpluff: 51

I love Jumpluff - I have the BEST moveset for him haha.
Poisonpowder
Leech Seed
Giga Drain
Synthesis

Just drain their HP w/ poisoning/seeding/giga-draining, and if they damage you much, just synthesis.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by archangels666
Whew. I saw the lock on the old one and was like "WHAT?"

I guess I'll ask this question here again then, though I doubt anyone will know the answer.

I've been playing a hack of Emerald, aptly named Emerald Enhanced, in which you can actually catch all 386 without trading. Now I seem to have hit a bump though, and am stuck at 384. I can't seem to figure out where to catch a Spinda. I know where to catch a Delibird (My other missing one; I just can't seem to run into one.), but I don't know where Spinda is.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated.

Not sure about your game, but you can find Spinda to the east of Fallarbour town. They're very common.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Hey guys, I'm thinking about ditching Kadabra, Skarmory and Graveler for Tyranitar, Dragonite, and (possibly) Snorlax. Should I do it?

Um, yes. Kadabra and Graveler blow. Skarmory is okay, good typing, but lacks a solid move pool IMO.

EDIT: *Stickied*

This thread better not die.
I'm Back.

[STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS]

When Autumn comes, it doesn't ask
It just walks in where it left you last
You never know when it starts
Until there's fog inside the glass around your summer heart
Last edited by indie_prep at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by imafool18

It might be okay, as longs as it's optional. If you're going out or something you just put that in your pocket and you're working on in game stuff without actually playing the game.

Anyway, what pokemon are you gonna have following you around?
No means maybe
Quote by aznrockerdude

Go ahead and ditch Kadabra and Graveler, unless you can trade.
I would pick Skarmory over Snorlax, but Snorlax is a great wall and such. I assume you are playing 2nd gen?

Your choice with the Skarmory and Snorlax thing, though. They're both awesome.

Quote by pilgrimevan
It might be okay, as longs as it's optional. If you're going out or something you just put that in your pocket and you're working on in game stuff without actually playing the game.

Anyway, what pokemon are you gonna have following you around?

Yeah, Ah well.
Do you mean actually following me or in my party?

I think I'm gonna have:
Hitmonlee
Exeggutor
Lapras
Typhlosion
Skarmory
UNDECIDED

You guys can decide my 6th slot pokemon.
I'd like it to be 1st or 2nd gen though.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Last edited by imafool18 at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by TheReverend724
Why do trainers look lamer and lamer with each release?

I think the boy trainer sprite in HG/SS looks pretty cool, but the girl looks retarded.

I hated the sprites in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald though...

Ugh...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by chaoticfables
Not sure about your game, but you can find Spinda to the east of Fallarbour town. They're very common.

Well, that's where they are in regular Emerald (Trust me, I know that much, I can't stand them in that game. ), but they're hidden somewhere else in the hack I'm playing.
Quote by Donny
Well, that's where they are in regular Emerald (Trust me, I know that much, I can't stand them in that game. ), but they're hidden somewhere else in the hack I'm playing.

Where or how does one acquire a hacked version of a pokemon game?
Quote by skaterskagg1

Do you know how to get ROMS or emulators and all?
I'll PM you.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
I can't beat Red in Silver or Gold. At all. I will now describe both of my teams in great detail in hopes of getting some pointers.

Silver Version

Charizard Lvl. 55
Fly
Flamethrower
Dragon Rage
Slash

Persian Lvl. 58
Bite
Iron Tail
Pay Day
Shadow Ball

Meganium Lvl. 54
Cut
Razor Leaf
Body Slam
Solar Beam

Pidgeot Lvl. 60
Fly
Gust
Wing Attack
Quick Attack

Kingler Lvl. 57
Strength
Icy Wind
Crabhammer
Surf

Machamp Lvl. 53
Cross Chop
Rock Smash
Vital Throw
Earthquake

Gold Version

Ampharos Lvl. 57
Thunder Punch
Thunder
Strength
Flash

Feraligatr Lvl. 54
Bite
Surf
Slash
Dig

Arcanine Lvl. 55
Bite
Take Down
Extreme Speed
Flamethrower

Victreebel Lvl. 53
Giga Drain
Razor Leaf
Cut
Sleep Powder

Dragonite Lvl. 57
Dragon Rage
Twister
Slam
Wing Attack

Dodrio Lvl. 57
Fury Attack
Tri Attack
Fly
Drill Peck

Whew, that took forever. Anyway, help?
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
^ Higher levels. Nao. Your main problem right there.

Well as you probably know, there aren't many great places to train in G/S/C. So, other than leveling up (although I'll work on that too), what else could I do? And which team has the best chance of beating Red?
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

Last edited by PhillyHendrix at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by skaterskagg1

Depends on which hack of what game you want. You can Google "Pokemon hacks" and get all kinds of results, but a lot of them aren't finished or just plain suck.

At the risk of advertising, you can Google Pokecommunity and head to the hacking section of their forums to find some cool ones, but again, a lot aren't finished; still some cool ideas in the making though, if you're really into that kind of thing.

But if you just want me to recommend you one, Google ShinyGold. It's a remake of Gold/Silver with Gen III Graphics/Pokes/etc. and it's pretty stellar (It might be able to help you get by until HG/SS come out ). It's a hack of FireRed, I believe, so you'd have to acquire yourself an emulator and a ROM of FireRed. That I can't help you with here, as it's technically illegal, but if you're really interested, PM me and I can help you out.
Quote by PhillyHendrix
Well as you probably know, there aren't many great places to train in G/S/C. So, other than leveling up, what else could I do? And which team has the best chance of beating Red?

They're both awesome teams, I'd say the 2nd though. Are you using a ROM?

If so, Options>Emulator>Speed toggle. You can save during the battle, and just try to get lucky.

But you can train in the Elite 4?
It's SOOOOOOOOO much easier with that speed toggle thing. It just lets your game run at like 2000% so everything is much quicker.

Quote by archangels666
Depends on which hack of what game you want. You can Google "Pokemon hacks" and get all kinds of results, but a lot of them aren't finished or just plain suck.

At the risk of advertising, you can Google Pokecommunity and head to the hacking section of their forums to find some cool ones, but again, a lot aren't finished; still some cool ideas in the making though, if you're really into that kind of thing.

But if you just want me to recommend you one, Google ShinyGold. It's a remake of Gold/Silver with Gen III Graphics/Pokes/etc. and it's pretty stellar (It might be able to help you get by until HG/SS come out ). It's a hack of FireRed, I believe, so you'd have to acquire yourself an emulator and a ROM of FireRed. That I can't help you with here, as it's technically illegal, but if you're really interested, PM me and I can help you out.

ShinyGold is only half-way finished. I'd say Liquid Crystal.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by imafool18
They're both awesome teams, I'd say the 2nd though. Are you using a ROM?

If so, Options>Emulator>Speed toggle. You can save during the battle, and just try to get lucky.

But you can train in the Elite 4?
It's SOOOOOOOOO much easier with that speed toggle thing. It just lets your game run at like 2000% so everything is much quicker.

Nope, I have both for my trusty Game Boy Colors. I'll try to level them up via Elite Four. Also, I do have a Game Link Cable. Should I switch any between those two teams to make it any easier?

EDIT: Also, any particular strategies you can throw at me for beating each member of his team individually? (Other than just type match-ups of course.)
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

Quote by imafool18
ShinyGold is only half-way finished. I'd say Liquid Crystal.

...It is? I mean, my game got messed up not too far into Kanto and I didn't feel like restarting, but I thought it went the whole way. Hm. Guess I suck. I've heard good things about Liquid Crystal as well too, so if you say it's better, you'd know better than me.
Quote by PhillyHendrix
Well as you probably know, there aren't many great places to train in G/S/C. So, other than leveling up (although I'll work on that too), what else could I do? And which team has the best chance of beating Red?

Second team has the best chance of beating Red. His level 81 Pikachu would eat half of your silver team alive.
I'm Back.

[STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS]

When Autumn comes, it doesn't ask
It just walks in where it left you last
You never know when it starts
Until there's fog inside the glass around your summer heart
Quote by PhillyHendrix
Nope, I have both for my trusty Game Boy Colors. I'll try to level them up via Elite Four. Also, I do have a Game Link Cable. Should I switch any between those two teams to make it any easier?

EDIT: Also, any particular strategies you can throw at me for beating each member of his team individually?

Nah. Each team seems balanced.
Just level up at Elite Four. Plus, ton of money so you can buy revives and shit if you want to for the final battle.
Quote by PhillyHendrix

I'd say to trade Feraligatr for Kingler, and Dodrio for Pidgeot. Then use your Gold team.
Since you are using a GBC, I'd say to train one pokemon up to level 65 or so, then use that as a last resort. But your pokemon ARE a little low leveled for Red...
Make sure you have a pokemon with earthquake.

Use Amphy for Charizard/Blastoise if he can survive, and use a ground type (If available) for the Pikachu. They're resistant. I found the Aerodactyl tough though. Just keep surfing it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by imafool18
I'd say to trade Feraligatr for Kingler, and Dodrio for Pidgeot. Then use your Gold team.
Since you are using a GBC, I'd say to train one pokemon up to level 65 or so, then use that as a last resort. But your pokemon ARE a little low leveled for Red...
Make sure you have a pokemon with earthquake.

Use Amphy for Charizard/Blastoise if he can survive, and use a ground type (If available) for the Pikachu. They're resistant. I found the Aerodactyl tough though. Just keep surfing it.

I don't know if I have another Earthquake TM. If not, my only Pokemon with Earthquake would be my Machamp. Of course the Feraligatr knows Dig, but that's nowhere near as powerful. Maybe leveling up is really the only way to go here.

Also, Aerodactyl? Are you thinking of Lance?
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

Quote by PhillyHendrix
I don't know if I have another Earthquake TM. If not, my only Pokemon with Earthquake would be my Machamp. Of course the Feraligatr knows Dig, though, but that's nowhere near as powerful.

Also, Aerodactyl? Are you thinking of Lance?

Wow, sorry, I didn't realize that.
Yes, I was thinking of Lance...

But I found his Espeon to be very tough. If you want, just keep Feraligatr and bute it to death. For Venasaur, just use Charizard (He'd be better than Arcanine, He's double resistant to Grass).

By the way guys, I've found a way to DL Pokemon movies and Episodes legally and free. No torrents or anthing required. (Sorry if it sounds like I'm advertising)...

I'm not totally trustworthy of the site, you just have to make an account and DL all you want... I got the first 3 movies from there and they work perfectly on WMP. I'd recommend VLC media player also, as they don't work for some. PM me if you want the link to the site w. the movies/episodes.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by imafool18
Wow, sorry, I didn't realize that.
Yes, I was thinking of Lance...

But I found his Espeon to be very tough. If you want, just keep Feraligatr and bute it to death. For Venasaur, just use Charizard (He'd be better than Arcanine, He's double resistant to Grass).

Sorry if I'm dragging this out a little too long.

But anyway, let me just try to get something strait here. You're telling be the essentials for this battle would be Charizard, Ampharos, and Machamp, and to level them up, right? Who would be best for the other 3? Maybe the Persian would be best to take out the Espeon?
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!