Page 2 of 335
Quote by PhillyHendrix
Sorry if I'm dragging this out a little too long.

But anyway, let me just try to get something strait here. You're telling be the essentials for this battle would be Charizard, Ampharos, and Machamp, and to level them up, right? Who would be best for the other 3?

Amphy should deal with Charizard/Blastoise, train him up.
Machamp can just earthquake pikachu to death.
Charizard sould deal with Venasaur well.
If you can't kill Charizard with Amphy, use Kingler.
For Espeon... Bite it to death with Feraligatr, but he'll probably die within 2-3 turns from psychic. Use Dragonite on Snorlax and Espeon, if Feraligatr faints.

This will be tough, but I think you can manage.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by imafool18
Amphy should deal with Charizard/Blastoise, train him up.
Machamp can just earthquake pikachu to death.
Charizard sould deal with Venasaur well.
If you can't kill Charizard with Amphy, use Kingler.
For Espeon... Bite it to death with Feraligatr, but he'll probably die within 2-3 turns from psychic. Use Dragonite on Snorlax and Espeon, if Feraligatr faints.

This will be tough, but I think you can manage.

Alright, thanks bro. Next time I get the chance, I'll try out that plan.

So has anyone taken a look at Red's team for HG/SS? I'll just leave a link right here in case anyone wants to see. It's definitely going to be much more of a challenge this time around. Also, it actually makes a lot more sense than his team in G/S/C. The Espeon always seemed random to me. Not to mention, his Pikachu's move set is exactly like in the anime.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Last edited by PhillyHendrix at Dec 1, 2009,
hmmmm. is there a working emulator for the newer pokemon games?
i havent played diamond and pearl
Classical Guitarist
Quote by PhillyHendrix
Holy Crap! I almost shat myself because I saw the main thread closed.
Calm down Philly, it's okay now...
Anyway, so yeah. Can't wait for HG/SS. Totodile FTW.

*Personal Stickied*

Yeah same. I don't see why a new thread was created though?

In any case, has anyone played Battle Revolution for the Wii? It doesn't look that good, but I may get it because I loved stadium 1 and 2.
Quote by Zep_shizzle
hmmmm. is there a working emulator for the newer pokemon games?
i havent played diamond and pearl

There's NO$GBA. It's pretty awesome; it emulates Diamond, Pearl and Platinum without problems (barring the occasional graphics error, nothing serious). You have to find the right ROMs, though, there's some pretty bad versions of the DS games out there (corrupt, patched, etc.).

Who else here plays on Shoddy Battle?
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Yeah same. I don't see why a new thread was created though?

In any case, has anyone played Battle Revolution for the Wii? It doesn't look that good, but I may get it because I loved stadium 1 and 2.

I've played through it. It's not that bad, but it really needs Diamond, Pearl or Platinum to get the best out of it. When you complete the main game, you can get a Pikachu with Surf, and there's a way of getting a decent Electivire and Magmortar as well.

I beat it with:
Charizard Lv40
Lapras Lv40
Abomasnow Lv40
Regirock Lv40
Registeel Lv40
Darkrai Lv40
If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Quote by DigUpHerBones
I love you and think I just about understood what you said. Cheers.

Like Pokémon? Like threads?
Last edited by deathsquirrel at Dec 2, 2009,
is there any reason to have a shiftry or ludicolo other than to fill out the dex, i mean after beating diamond im doing what i always do, and trying to complete the pokedex, but there seems to be little to no reason to continue raising these 2 to potential before evolving them as i doubt i'll get maximum usage out of either
I used to be a goddamn saint. I said my prayers and handled snakes until the road introduced me to sin. I only shook hands with drink but he had friends with him
They should make a pokemon game on the xbox 360...like how the gameboy games are but with xbox/ps3 graphics. It would be so bad ass....they could make it into like a online pokemon mmo or something. How fkn cool would that be....like just caught me a pokemonz. man the shit to do in the game would be endless if you really think about it. Plus if the people who make it put new shit in it all the time.
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
Quote by deathsquirrel
I've played through it. It's not that bad, but it really needs Diamond, Pearl or Platinum to get the best out of it. When you complete the main game, you can get a Pikachu with Surf, and there's a way of getting a decent Electivire and Magmortar as well.

I may get it if I see it in the after Xmas sale. People said Colosseum was bad but I enjoyed it.

Quote by fishmunky
is there any reason to have a shiftry or ludicolo other than to fill out the dex, i mean after beating diamond im doing what i always do, and trying to complete the pokedex, but there seems to be little to no reason to continue raising these 2 to potential before evolving them as i doubt i'll get maximum usage out of either

In Diamond and Pearl you only have to see them for the Pokédex to be considered 'complete'. If you just feel like owning them though, then I've never seen any use for either of them. Shiftry has a whole load of weaknesses, including a 4x weakness to Bug. Ludicolo. They both have average stats as well. Other than that I wouldn't know, I've never took the time to train either.

Quote by TheDarkLestat
They should make a pokemon game on the xbox 360...like how the gameboy games are but with xbox/ps3 graphics. It would be so bad ass....they could make it into like a online pokemon mmo or something. How fkn cool would that be....like just caught me a pokemonz. man the shit to do in the game would be endless if you really think about it. Plus if the people who make it put new shit in it all the time.

Yeah that would be freakin' awesome but also very unlikely. I doubt Nintendo would put the franchise on any other console than their own and the Wii doesn't really have the power to sustain an epic pokemon journey. Either the content would be lacking or the graphics sub-par. But you never know what the future holds so here's hoping.
Last edited by AnAngrySquirrel at Dec 1, 2009,
WII Needs an upgrade >.<
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
Quote by imafool18
Go ahead and ditch Kadabra and Graveler, unless you can trade.
I would pick Skarmory over Snorlax, but Snorlax is a great wall and such. I assume you are playing 2nd gen?

Your choice with the Skarmory and Snorlax thing, though. They're both awesome.

4th.

I'm actually playing Soul Silver in Japanese.

ZeG, you still play on Shoddy? I want to start playing again, but I'm a little when it comes to team building...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
4th.

ZeG, you still play on Shoddy? I want to start playing again, but I'm a little when it comes to team building...

I play on Shoddy occasionally. I usually just build teams with Pokemon I like rather than playing competitively. I don't really like competitive Pokemon playing.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by TheDarkLestat

Yeah, that's never going to happen. Ever.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Quote by imafool18
I play on Shoddy occasionally. I usually just build teams with Pokemon I like rather than playing competitively. I don't really like competitive Pokemon playing.

I like using cool Pokemons that are also good competitively. (Starmie ftw! thanks ZeG for the suggestion )
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
I like using cool Pokemons that are also good competitively. (Starmie ftw! thanks ZeG for the suggestion )

I hate coming across Starmies on Shoddy, easily my arch nemesis!

*runs off to make a team based around Starmie*
I'm Back.

[STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS]

When Autumn comes, it doesn't ask
It just walks in where it left you last
You never know when it starts
Until there's fog inside the glass around your summer heart
So I got a Sassy Eevee, now to just breed it Wish...at least my Sassy Eevee is a female.
Current Party:
Salamence Lv50
Crobat Lv46
Snorunt Lv29
Flygon Lv45
Golem Lv50
Houndoom Lv47

I've beaten the Elite 4 82 times just training pokemon.
My strongest pokemon, Blaziken Lv100, got traded off into Pokemon Colosseum and the memory card got corrupted and I lost it. I'm probably gonna get Pokemon Platinum for Xmas so I can play multiplayer and trade.
Anyone up for a Shoddy battle?
I'm Back.

[STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS]

When Autumn comes, it doesn't ask
It just walks in where it left you last
You never know when it starts
Until there's fog inside the glass around your summer heart
Quote by archangels666
Holy awesomesauce, thank you ZeG for helping me to discover Shoddy.

Now my roommate and I can battle our emulator teams across the room over the internet.

Quote by aznrockerdude
4th.

It's been quite a while. I'm in the middle of exams now, so don't expect me to be on anytime soon.

Quote by aznrockerdude
Starmie fucking rocks.

Quote by indie_prep
I hate coming across Starmies on Shoddy, easily my arch nemesis!

*runs off to make a team based around Starmie*
Oh you'll love my team then and hey, I was going to make a Starmie-centered Rain Dance team!

ZEDIT: I just found out that Smogon's magazine "The Smog" has a "featured Pokémon" article on Starmie in the latest issue!
http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue5/featured_pokemon
Last edited by ZeGuitarist at Dec 2, 2009,
Just beaten Koga on Blue. It was the best win I've had in some time. Last turn was my Dugtrio against his Weezing. I used Dig, he used Selfdestruct while I was underground. Hilarious.

Current team:
Mew Lv35
Dugtrio Lv34
Raichu Lv32
Wartortle Lv32
Pidgeotto Lv31
Hitmonchan Lv31

Quote by DigUpHerBones

Last edited by deathsquirrel at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by deathsquirrel
Just beaten Koga on Blue. It was the best win I've had in some time. Last turn was my Dugtrio against his Weezing. I used Dig, he used Selfdestruct while I was underground. Hilarious.

Current team:
Mew Lv35
Dugtrio Lv34
Raichu Lv32
Wartortle Lv32
Pidgeotto Lv31
Hitmonchan Lv31

I'm gonna start red or blue (again) soon. Which one shall I choose?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
When are HG & SS coming out in the UK?

I want to know cos thats when I will get a DS.
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Quote by WARLOCK123
When are HG & SS coming out in the UK?

I want to know cos thats when I will get a DS.

So far, I think the only vague idea we have is 'Spring 2010'. Not that long now.
^ Spring 2010 is the best we have at the moment.

I'm gonna start red or blue (again) soon. Which one shall I choose?
I'd say Blue, but I've always preferred Blue. It really depends on which exclusives you'd prefer. The exclusives are as follows:

Ekans | Sandshrew
Oddish | Bellsprout
Mankey | Meowth
Growlithe | Vulpix
Scyther | Pinsir
Electabuzz | Magmar

Quote by DigUpHerBones

Whoa whoa whoa.

Why is Pokemon Red B/W?

Are there like, 2 versions of it? I can't believe I don't know about this.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by whitenihilist
Gone for a week and A fresh new pokemon thread appears.

Welcome back

Anyways - Isn't the HG/SS release date for USA February 10, 2010?

I think that's what I heard.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by imafool18
Welcome back

Anyways - Isn't the HG/SS release date for USA February 10, 2010?

I think that's what I heard.

I think that was just the TCG HG/SS set release. Not that I play, but I read that too, and got excited only to realize it was for the cards.
Quote by whitenihilist
I think that was just the TCG HG/SS set release. Not that I play, but I read that too, and got excited only to realize it was for the cards.

Awww, that sucks. I'm thinking late March/ early April will be a good guess. For UK, maybe May. I don't know though.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by imafool18
Awww, that sucks. I'm thinking late March/ early April will be a good guess. For UK, maybe May. I don't know though.

If there's that big of a gap between the US and UK release, I'll just import it. I think that's what I did with Diamond.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
If there's that big of a gap between the US and UK release, I'll just import it. I think that's what I did with Diamond.

For the UK versions, do they even change color to colour and tire to tyre and theater to theatre etc?

Just curious...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by PhillyHendrix
Alright, thanks bro. Next time I get the chance, I'll try out that plan.

So has anyone taken a look at Red's team for HG/SS? I'll just leave a link right here in case anyone wants to see. It's definitely going to be much more of a challenge this time around. Also, it actually makes a lot more sense than his team in G/S/C. The Espeon always seemed random to me. Not to mention, his Pikachu's move set is exactly like in the anime.

Does anyone else find it strange that 3 of his pokemon now have blizzard?
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Quote by mental_cookie
Does anyone else find it strange that 3 of his pokemon now have blizzard?

And Blastoise has the ability "Torrent"

Never heard of that ability before...

"The Pokemon furiously illegally downloads miscellaneous media files, to be arrested and to escape the battle".

That's a funny ability name...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by imafool18
And Blastoise has the ability "Torrent"

Never heard of that ability before...
"The Pokemon furiously illegally downloads miscellaneous media files, to be arrested and to escape the battle".
That's a funny ability name...

I've never thought of it that way.

However, I'm pretty sure that's what every water starter has had since abilities were introduced.