Page 3 of 335
Quote by archangels666

I've never thought of it that way.

However, I'm pretty sure that's what every water starter has had since abilities were introduced.

Nah, it was introduced in 3rd gen.
And I don't really keep up with abilities anyway, so
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Duuuuuuuuuuuddeeeeeeeeee

I had no idea that Leaf Green and Fire Red were remakes of the original!

And I can't wait for HG/SS to come out *rushes out to buy Fire Red*
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Quote by imafool18
Nah, it was introduced in 3rd gen.
And I don't really keep up with abilities anyway, so

And every water starter from every generation was given that ability when abilities were introduced.
Quote by AstheticsOfHate
Duuuuuuuuuuuddeeeeeeeeee

I had no idea that Leaf Green and Fire Red were remakes of the original!

And I can't wait for HG/SS to come out *rushes out to buy Fire Red*

You could get a ROM...

I don't really like FR/LG (Anymore), but you probably will. I just overplayed them and cheated them up too much.

I can not wait until HGSS though. They shall be epic. I'm expecting April 1st.

What are you guys' favorite Pokemon games?
I really like Crystal and Emerald. I never really liked 1st/4th gen.

Also, what are you guys' favorite starters?
I really like SQUIRTLE. He is of epic proportions.

ALSO, what are you guys' favorite Pokemon?
I like Lapras, Arcanine, and Dragonite. If I had to choose from those, Lapras though. But they're really all equal to me.

Quote by archangels666
And every water starter from every generation was given that ability when abilities were introduced.

Oh, sorry. I (For some reason) thought that abilities were introduced in Generation III. My mistake.

Maybe I'm not really a Poke'maniac...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Last edited by imafool18 at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by imafool18

I like Lapras, Arcanine, and Dragonite. If I had to choose from those, Lapras though. But they're really all equal to me.

Oh, sorry. I (For some reason) thought that abilities were introduced in Generation III. My mistake.

Maybe I'm not really a Poke'maniac...

I actually really liked Gen IV. I didn't like III as much at all. Silver will still always hold a special place in my heart as my favorite though, despite the fact that it's hard to go back to now that I've been spoiled with newfangled graphics and mechanics. Maybe SS will bring back my love for it.

Favorite starter: Cyndaquil. Typhlosion > All else.

Favorite Pokemon: Umbreon. No idea why. He's just...awesomesauce.

Also, yes, abilities were introduced in Gen III, but they gave them to old Pokemon too. So the water starters from every generation were given Torrent in Generation III. Sorry for not being clear enough.
Last edited by archangels666 at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by whitenihilist
Favorite game? Tie:

*IMG*

*IMG*

Starter? *IMG*

Pokemon? Top 3 is...

Scizor!
*IMG*

Mewtwo
*IMG*

Darkrai
*IMG*

You HAD to post pictures?
I just watched the 1st movie recently and Mewtwo is awesome in that movie. He's gained my respect.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
I swore of ROM's a long time ago. They are always so terrible, especially Game boy ROM's.

You weren't a GEN I fan!?!?! Are you insane??

I have only ever played GEN I - II and I'm not sure what gen Platinum version is, but i recently finished that. Overall it was a pretty enjoyable game, although I'm super old school and I don't like all these new random ass Pokemon.

My favourite starters are the originals - Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur, I think Charmander is my favourite though. I've always been drawn to fire/psychic Pokemon for some reason.

Edit: Oh and Mewtwo is by fair my favourite Pokemon, he is way to bad ass.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
Last edited by AstheticsOfHate at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by AstheticsOfHate
I swore of ROM's a long time ago. They are always so terrible, especially Game boy ROM's.

I have only ever played GEN I - II and I'm not sure what gen Platinum version is, but i recently finished that. Overall it was a pretty enjoyable game, although I'm super old school and I don't like all these new random ass Pokemon.

My favourite starters are the originals - Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur, I think Charmander is my favourite though. I've always been drawn to fire/psychic Pokemon for some reason.

I love the Gen I games! But Red/Blue just can't hold a candle to Silver. I was like you, shunning the new stuff, but Platinuim is a good game.

Quote by imafool18
You HAD to post pictures?
I just watched the 1st movie recently and Mewtwo is awesome in that movie. He's gained my respect.

I wanted to spice things up a bit! You are just mad you didn't think of that. :P

Armored Mewtwo kicks ass!
Quote by AstheticsOfHate

There are 4 generations - I II III and IV.

Gen I:
Yellow
Blue
Red
Green - Japan only

Gen II:
Crystal
Gold
Silver

Gen III:
Ruby
Saphire
Emerald

Gen IV:
Diamond
Pearl
Platinum

Hope that helps
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
I don't shun them, I just love the original Pokemon so much! But yeah Platinum was a sweet game, that zone where you have to fight the mystic Pokemon (I forget it's name) was really awesome, and decently challenging. What is with that last island though, like after you beat the Elite Four, you go to some shitty island and I wasn't sure what what was happening to i just left it. Is it just extra content to keep leveling your Pokemon?

^^ Oh cool thanks, I only missed one generation then, cool ^_^

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
Quote by AstheticsOfHate
I don't shun them, I just love the original Pokemon so much! But yeah Platinum was a sweet game, that zone where you have to fight the mystic Pokemon (I forget it's name) was really awesome, and decently challenging. What is with that last island though, like after you beat the Elite Four, you go to some shitty island and I wasn't sure what what was happening to i just left it. Is it just extra content to keep leveling your Pokemon?

The Battle Frontier?

That is where the Battle Tower and all those things are, plus there is a extra quest involving a semi-legendary Pokemon there. And a house you can decorate, LV100 Magicarps, and more people to fight/level against including Gym Leader rematches.
Quote by AstheticsOfHate

Will you be investing with Heart Gold and Soul Silver?
Unless you don't know what they are, I'll tell you in that case.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Wtf really? I walked around there for like 20 minutes, and besides the Battle Tower, which is retarded, I didn't find anything...Ugh. I'll give it another look when i get home. Is it possible to obtain a Mew/Mewtwo in Platinum?

Edit: ^^ They are remakes of Gold and Silver version right? I will DEFINITELY be buying them. Probably pick up silver. I was a massive fan of silver when it was released, I remember waiting out the front of the local game store (EB Games) before it opened on release day

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
Last edited by AstheticsOfHate at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by AstheticsOfHate
Wtf really? I walked around there for like 20 minutes, and besides the Battle Tower, which is retarded, I didn't find anything...Ugh. I'll give it another look when i get home. Is it possible to obtain a Mew/Mewtwo in Platinum?

Yea, you need a pokemon with Rock Climb and Rock Smash to get around effectivly there. The Battle Area is the place with the tower, the Survival Area has the volcano with Heatran in it and the Gym Leader/Rival rematches, and the Resort area has the house and high level Magicarp.

EDIT:

The only way to get Mew/Mewtwo is trading...
Last edited by whitenihilist at Dec 6, 2009,
Quote by AstheticsOfHate

Edit: ^^ They are remakes of Gold and Silver version right? I will DEFINITELY be buying them. Probably pick up silver. I was a massive fan of silver when it was released, I remember waiting out the front of the local game store (EB Games) before it opened on release day

Nice. And yes, they're remakes of Gold and Silver. I really can't wait. They'll include some of the newer pokemon and all.... So... Yeah... It'll include a couple new areas like a safari zone and some parts of Hoenn ( The region in 3rd Generation games). It will have the game mechanics of Platinum, with all the new moves, abilities, and the physical/special attack separator.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Oh man that sounds awesome. I hope the release date in Australia isn't to far behind.
Damn it. I really wanted a Mewtwo.

I'm 90% sure I have Pokemon with those moves, maybe I just scrubbed out and didn't notice a path or something.

I've wanted a Pokemon MMO for years. That would be the greatest day of my gaming life.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
Quote by AstheticsOfHate
Oh man that sounds awesome. I hope the release date in Australia isn't to far behind.

I'm 90% sure I have Pokemon with those moves, maybe I just scrubbed out and didn't notice a path or something.

I've wanted a Pokemon MMO for years. That would be the greatest day of my gaming life.

Well, I believe there is one that's not made by Nintendo available for download for free, but I hear it's really stupid and lame.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Yeah I think I know the one you're talking about. I couldn't even get it to install on Vista.

Oh well. People were saying it sucks anyways.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
i havent played diamond/pearl/platinum yet, how are they different to the older games? i know theres new pokemon, but thats about it.
and whats this about a "pokewalker" in HG/SS?
Quote by Rising_Sun91
i havent played diamond/pearl/platinum yet, how are they different to the older games? i know theres new pokemon, but thats about it.
and whats this about a "pokewalker" in HG/SS?

The newer pokemon games use the same concept as the old ones (Gym battles, up to lvl 100, "Cath'em all", Elite 4, stats/moves, etc.), But they bring in a couple new ones as well like New pokemon and moves, separating attacks by physical/special, Battle tower, things like that...

PokeWalker:
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker.shtml

I don't really like it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Why hasn't this been thought of before?! I really like how active this thread is compared to the other two. Sorry I haven't been active in the Pit lately (or UG for that matter). I feel like I'm letting down my UG brethren
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
This thread has potential. I'm going to be advocating competitive Pokémon for a wider audience now.
Hey guys, (And Pinoy, welcome back) I've started building a team for HG, and I need some help. I know I'll be using -
Dragonite
Typhlosion

And I need some help with the last three. I don't really like using legendaries (With the exception of Mewtwo, which YOU CAN CATCH IN HG/SS!) and I don't like using 3rd or 4th gen pokemon.
Some favorites off the top of my head -
Zapdos
Lapras
Hitmonlee
Arcanine
Squirtle
Mewtwo
Kingler
Kanghaskan (sp?)
Nidoking/Nidoqueen
Pinsir
Scyther
Poliwrath
Arbok
Alakazam
Gengar
Starmie
Shuckle
Umbreon
Espeon
Murkrow
Houndoom
Raichu
Jolteon
Primape
Machamp
Skarmory

Build me a team!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Last edited by imafool18 at Dec 7, 2009,
BLASTOISE FTMFW

and yes, armored Mewtwo is the shit
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Quote by Team_Snorlax
snorlax

hell yes
isnt there a baby snorlax in 4th gen called munchlax or something?
Quote by Rising_Sun91
Machamp
Skarmory
Starmie
Raichu
Houndoom
Scyther
there's your team

I think I'll alter this to:
Machamp
Skarmory
Starmie
Jolteon
Houndoom
Pinsir...

Thanks a bundle, though! It's a nice team!

EDIT: I'm not completely satisfied with this - Will someone make me a better one?

OK guys, I've made 3 teams, all have awesome Poke's. PLEASE vote for one of them!

Machamp
Skarmory
Starmie
Jolteon
Houndoom
Pinsir

Entei
Heracross
Aerodactyl
Mamoswine
Espeon
Blastoise

Umbreon
Dodrio
Muk
Meganium
Dragonite
Poliwrath
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Last edited by imafool18 at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by imafool18

I like Lapras, Arcanine, and Dragonite. If I had to choose from those, Lapras though. But they're really all equal to me.:

Generation II fo' sure. I overplayed Generation I to the point I had beaten every trainer in the game

Gen I: Squirtle
Gen II: Totodile
Gen III: Treecko
Gen IV: Turtwig

Psyduck is nothing but pure awesomeness.

Quote by AstheticsOfHate

I think I may have a spare Mewtwo for trade? I'd have to have something decent in return though

Quote by imafool18

I really like the concept of the Walker. I'll probably just put it in my bag when I go to college so that when I get a home one of my pokés has shot up in level.

Quote by imafool18
I think I'll alter this to:
Machamp
Skarmory
Starmie
Jolteon
Houndoom
Pinsir...

Thanks a bundle, though! It's a nice team!

EDIT: I'm not completely satisfied with this - Will someone make me a better one?

There's not really much need in building a team unless you're gonna be playing competitively, seeing as you could probably beat the game with any combination. Just pick your favourite ones and train 'em up. You said you liked lapras, dragonite and arcanine, so there's half your team already. Now just pick three more to balance out your type coverage.
Last edited by AnAngrySquirrel at Dec 7, 2009,
good call
i would personally choose scyther because of its intense speed, but a pinsir would be awesome too
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Generation II fo' sure. I overplayed Generation I to the point I had beaten every trainer in the game

Gen I: Squirtle
Gen II: Totodile
Gen III: Treecko
Gen IV: Turtwig

Psyduck is nothing but pure awesomeness.

I think I may have a spare Mewtwo for trade? I'd have to have something decent in return though

I really like the concept of the Walker. I'll probably just put it in my bag when I go to college so that when I get a home one of my pokés has shot up in level.

There's not really much need in building a team unless you're gonna be playing competitively, seeing as you could probably beat the game with any combination. Just pick your favourite ones and train 'em up. You said you liked lapras, dragonite and arcanine, so there's half your team already. Now just pick three more to balance out your type coverage.

Well, I like building teams just for the fun of it.
The only problem with Lapras, Arcanine, and Dragonite is that I've overused them a heck of a lot. I like using Poke's that I have no experience with.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by imafool18
Well, I like building teams just for the fun of it.
The only problem with Lapras, Arcanine, and Dragonite is that I've overused them a heck of a lot. I like using Poke's that I have no experience with.

Yeah, I see your point. I like doing that too. What I'm gonna do is just pick my starter and not plan a team at all. So I can just walk through some grass and when I get attacked I'll be like "I feel like raising that Pokémon"
i do that
i do have a sort of construct for my team though, i do my best to cover every type difference, and after playing for a while, you get a sort of feel for that without thinking about it.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Yeah, I see your point. I like doing that too. What I'm gonna do is just pick my starter and not plan a team at all. So I can just walk through some grass and when I get attacked I'll be like "I feel like raising that Pokémon"
Lol, you're the complete opposite of me then. Before I pick a starter, I research which of the three starters is most useful competitively. After that, I plan out a team completely, test it out on Shoddy Battle, and if it works, I pursue creating that team. I catch only Pokémon that belong to my planned out team, or serve as replacements in case I can't catch a necessary Pokémon yet (for example, I used Infernape until I received Lucario, and I used Graveler until I could catch Larvitar).
i dont have gen 4 pokemon games so i dont do that, it isnt a construct of which pokemon to use, but my pokemon have to cover each types. i always keep the starter in my party and make it one of my toughest, a little ocd thing of mine :S
^ Covering each type is how you beat the game the easiest. If you wanna play competitively though, there's so many more factors to be aware of, so covering types just won't be enough or...

Quote by ZeGuitarist
^ Covering each type is how you beat the game the easiest. If you wanna play competitively though, there's so many more factors to be aware of, so covering types just won't be enough or...

That's why I don't really play competitively. I only play online with other friends who just make random teams because I have a slight chance of beating them
So is anyone else hoping they don't put the lame barrier on who you can catch at first in HG/SS?

One of the things I found most annoying about FR/LG was that you could only catch first generation Pokes until you beat the E4. You couldn't even evolve Pokemon unless they were from Gen I also (which meant no Umbreon, my favorite Poke). I mean, yeah, it's supposed to be a remake, but c'mon. How boring is it to have 236 Pokemon that I can't even use until I've beaten 98% of the game?

The least they can do is let us catch all the second gen Pokes and what they evolve into/from. I want a Honchkrow, dammit.
Last edited by archangels666 at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by archangels666
So is anyone else hoping they don't put the lame barrier on who you can catch at first in HG/SS?

One of the things I found most annoying about FR/LG was that you could only catch first generation Pokes until you beat the E4. You couldn't even evolve Pokemon unless they were from Gen I also (which meant no Umbreon, my favorite Poke). I mean, yeah, it's supposed to be a remake, but c'mon. How boring is it to have 236 Pokemon that I can't even use until I've beaten 98% of the game?

The least they can do is let us catch all the second gen Pokes and what they evolve into/from. I want a Honchkrow, dammit.

I totally agree with you. The Sevii Islands (I think that's what they're called) were a huge letdown for me in LG. The mission itself was basically impossible if you didn't check a guide, and once you beat the mission, the islands weren't any fun.

I really hope they don't do that in HG/SS.

Also, does anyone know if all of the starters will be obtainable without having to trade from a different game in HG/SS?
I'm Back.

[STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS]

When Autumn comes, it doesn't ask
It just walks in where it left you last
You never know when it starts
Until there's fog inside the glass around your summer heart