Page 4 of 335
Yeah that was slightly annoying when playing FR/LG, but I think the second gen pokes are the most overlooked. There were hardly any of them in D/P.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Yeah that was slightly annoying when playing FR/LG, but I think the second gen pokes are the most overlooked. There were hardly any of them in D/P.

Hm. I'm not sure about that. Just scrolling through the Sinnoh Dex in my Platinum game and it seemed to have a decent amount of each generation to me at least. You have to remember that they have 400 and some odd Pokes to cram all in one game.

I think part of it might be because a lot of second Gen Pokes have new evolutions in Gen 4, like Murkrow and Misdreavus.
Quote by JDbbx
1-151 > 152+
You Know It

Pfft. No.
Umbreon? Typhlosion? Tyranitar? Aggron? Garchomp?

Gen I was great, but it had some really lame Pokemon, like Mr. Mime, for example. C'mon.
Quote by archangels666
Hm. I'm not sure about that. Just scrolling through the Sinnoh Dex in my Platinum game and it seemed to have a decent amount of each generation to me at least. You have to remember that they have 400 and some odd Pokes to cram all in one game.

I think part of it might be because a lot of second Gen Pokes have new evolutions in Gen 4, like Murkrow and Misdreavus.

Aye but that was Platinum. I haven't played that so they could have added several second gen ones in, which I think they may have. At any rate I think the HGSS pokedex is on serebii, so you could find out which pokemon are available before you beat the E4.

EDIT: From what I could see, there were no third gen pokemon there, and the only ones from Gen IV were evolutions, like Yanmega and Honchkrow
Last edited by AnAngrySquirrel at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Aye but that was Platinum. I haven't played that so they could have added several second gen ones in, which I think they may have. At any rate I think the HGSS pokedex is on serebii, so you could find out which pokemon are available before you beat the E4.

Ah. My bad. I thought you meant 4th Gen in general. Sorry.

EDIT: From what I could see, there were no third gen pokemon there, and the only ones from Gen IV were evolutions, like Yanmega and Honchkrow

Well, like I said, that's better than nothing, though it still leaves out hundreds of Pokes that I might want to use.

But still, at least I don't have to get stuck with Murkrow or Sneasel when they can evolve into something way stronger, like in FR/LG, where I wanted an Umbreon, but day/night had to be conveniently cut out so I couldn't evolve my Eevee.
Judge my pokemon team...........

pokemon crystal.............

dragonite LVL61
Tyranitar LVL60
Lugia LVL 63
Typhlosion LVL 62
suicune LVL66
Arcanine LVL 60

AWESOME OR WHAT?
Classical Guitarist
Quote by ZeGuitarist
This thread has potential. I'm going to be advocating competitive Pokémon for a wider audience now.

One of these days when I have some spare time, I'm going to come to this thread try to learn everything I can on competitive battling. All I know how to do is battle against in-game trainers, and let's face it, all there is to that is type matching and being at a higher level. Maybe then I won't get totally annihilated every time I attempt to play Shoddy Battle.

Quote by TheReverend724
Hey guys, if you skip a Pokemon's evolution in order to learn certain moves sooner, can it evolve again?

Of course!
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Last edited by PhillyHendrix at Dec 7, 2009,
I can't wait for HG/SS any longer man it's killing me. I'm ****ing dying here. I got no Pokemon games to play

Anyone know where i can get a GOOD rom/emulator for FR or LG. I couldn't get a copy of it yesterday -.-
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Quote by PhillyHendrix
One of these days when I have some spare time, I'm going to come to this thread try to learn everything I can on competitive battling. All I know how to do is battle against in-game trainers, and let's face it, all there is to that is type matching and being at a higher level. Maybe then I won't get totally annihilated every time I attempt to play Shoddy Battle.

Of course!

You know about EVs and IVs, right?

And I don't care much about competitive battling. Whatever floats your boat though. I'm no expert, but competitive battling probably isn't as tough as you think. The main part is just getting a team with all of the moves/stats that you want (Which is easy on Shoddy). Then... The battling part, I'm not so great at, but ZeG can probably help you.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by AstheticsOfHate
I can't wait for HG/SS any longer man it's killing me. I'm ****ing dying here. I got no Pokemon games to play

You could get an emulator and try playing it in Japanese.

Anyone know where i can get a GOOD rom/emulator for FR or LG. I couldn't get a copy of it yesterday -.-

Virtual Boy Advance. Download it from here and I can find you a ROM and PM the URL if you'd like.

On an unrelated note, I beat the E4 in Platinum today after saving before Cynthia and resetting like six times. It came down to a one-Pokemon-left standoff, too. It was intense.

My Platinum team:
Lvl. 52 Rapidash
Lvl. 52 Luxray
Lvl. 52 Garchomp
Lvl. 52 Umbreon
Lvl. 54 Staraptor
Lvl. 55 Empoleon
Last edited by archangels666 at Dec 7, 2009,
Swee thanks dude. I steam rolled the E4 on Platinum version, my Giratina ass raped them. I forget what other Pokemon i was using though. I had a bit of trouble with the first trainer, using that super fast Pokemon. I ended up just using Genghar and cursing him.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
Asthetics, it's killing me too. I would play it in Japanese, but I wouldn't know what moves I'm using... I could try though...

Nah, I'll just wait 2-3 more months... I really can't wait though. The graphics are 20x better than Platinum...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Really? O: Platinum was pretty good though.

I think i maybe able to learn to read Japanese in under 3 months....

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
the latest pokemon i know i the ones from ruby and sapphire lol.
i havent even heard of these luxray and garchomp lmao.
Classical Guitarist
Quote by imafool18
Asthetics, it's killing me too. I would play it in Japanese, but I wouldn't know what moves I'm using... I could try though...

Nah, I'll just wait 2-3 more months... I really can't wait though. The graphics are 20x better than Platinum...

This might tempt you more, but there is a fan-lation patch that translates the move names to english. No dialouge is done, but that is not the point.
Quote by whitenihilist
This might tempt you more, but there is a fan-lation patch that translates the move names to english. No dialouge is done, but that is not the point.

what do you mean?! The dialogue is everything!

How am I supposed to enjoy Pokemon without all the trainers' witty remarks?
Quote by TheReverend724
what do you mean?! The dialogue is everything!

How am I supposed to enjoy Pokemon without all the trainers' witty remarks?

I know!! And how will Prof Oak tell us he came when we win?!?!

Fuck that, I cannot play it,
It is so tempting though.... Must resist...Fanlation....

**** it I'm learning Japanese.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
Quote by AstheticsOfHate
It is so tempting though.... Must resist...Fanlation....

**** it I'm learning Japanese.

isnt that one backwards or something?
Classical Guitarist
I tried getting an English patch for the game (ROM), but it was really screwy. I think I'll just wait for the DS releases anyway, it's more fun that way. To be able to trade/battle with friends and such. (And yes, I have a handful of friends that still play pokemon).
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
^--- *looks at profile*
*looks at age*

Awesome.

Although I'm 20 and i still play a bit of Pokemon :P

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
Quote by AstheticsOfHate
^--- *looks at profile*
*looks at age*

Awesome.

Nah, that's wrong. I'm actually 16. I didn't want people knowing I was 14 when I joined, ha.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by AstheticsOfHate
I'm 20, and I still think Pokémon is awesome. Not the anime, though, it sucks pretty hard. But the games are among the best RPGs, at least for handheld devices. And the competitive aspect is a very, very deep game that requires a lot of strategy and tactics. It's hard to convince people of that, though, they simply can't look beyond Pokémon's "kiddy" image.
Tbh, i seem to have lost my Pokemon enthusiasm but like a bad allergy i know it'll come back eventually.

Does anyone know if there have been any updates on Pokemon HoF?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by jmonko
Anyone play Battle Revolution for Wii?

I've been thinking of getting it seeing as my mum bought a cheap wii a few weeks ago and it's currently just sitting in our living room.

Quote by TOMMYB22
Tbh, i seem to have lost my Pokemon enthusiasm but like a bad allergy i know it'll come back eventually.

Does anyone know if there have been any updates on Pokemon HoF?

Yeah the same with me. I've moved onto Digimon for the moment >.> I'm sure it'll come back when I get HG though.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
I've been thinking of getting it seeing as my mum bought a cheap wii a few weeks ago and it's currently just sitting in our living room.

If you have Diamond/Pearl/Platinum then go ahead and get it. If you don't you won't be able to get any Pokemon and will be stuck with the same 12.

I'm playing it right now.
ಠ_ಠ
Holy donkey dick nice avatar Jmonko... Super jealous right now

Edit: To archangels666 thanks for the emulator link, it's working awesomely, FR is bringing back some awesome memories

Anyone know if you can still do Misingno cheat

Ok scratch that, all of a sudden it's saying Invalid PC - 000000000 when I try to open it..

Any ideas?

Edit2: Nevermind it's working fine

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
Last edited by AstheticsOfHate at Dec 8, 2009,
Quote by mental_cookie
Does anyone else find it strange that 3 of his pokemon now have blizzard?

Bit late with this response, but Blizzard is there over other Ice moves because the battle takes place in a Hail environment, giving it 100% accuracy.
If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Quote by DigUpHerBones
I love you and think I just about understood what you said. Cheers.

Like Pokémon? Like threads?
Quote by deathsquirrel
Bit late with this response, but Blizzard is there over other Ice moves because the battle takes place in a Hail environment, giving it 100% accuracy.

That battle will be tough then...
And Whitenihilist - How did it go?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by AstheticsOfHate

Edit: To Donny, thanks for the emulator link, it's working awesomely, FR is bringing back some awesome memories

Anyone know if you can still do Misingno cheat

No problem, man. Glad it's working.

Though no, Missingno doesn't work on FR/LG, sorry.
Found a good site with Pokemon locations if anyone wants it for reference:
http://www.serebii.net/platinum/nationaldex.shtml#list

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
Last edited by AstheticsOfHate at Dec 8, 2009,
Is it even possible to catch Uxie? I've tried like 5 times and it breaks out instantly each time.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
I'm playing Yellow, and I just caught a Gastly

I'm training it, but it's progressing too damn slow

It has no decent attacks, so I have to rely on the "first out then switch" technique, but it's taking damn forever

any advice? should I just be patient?
EXP Share?

Quote by AstheticsOfHate
Is it even possible to catch Uxie? I've tried like 5 times and it breaks out instantly each time.

Yea, but it is not easy. Use Timer balls after a lot of turns of Ultra balls. Dusk balls if it is in a cave or night time.

Okay, a albeit late, I got Soul Silver patched. So far so good, all the important stuff is translated so far, even some of the more story related dialouge. Picked Cyndaquill OFC and named him Toast. =3
Last edited by whitenihilist at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by archangels666
I've really taken a liking to Bulbapedia just because I like the way it's organized. Though they don't always have guides for things if you just plain know nothing about it.

Yeah I used to use serebii, but I prefer bulbapedia now. It has way more information. The only thing I use Serebii for is the POTW movesets and stuff.