Page 5 of 335
Quote by whitenihilist
Serebii's POTW stuff is stolen from Smogon though...

I'm not that fond of Smogon though. I've tried using it instead because someone told me it was better but I just prefer Serebii.

Bulbapedia > Serebii > Smogon
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
I'm not that fond of Smogon though. I've tried using it instead because someone told me it was better but I just prefer Serebii.

Bulbapedia > Serebii > Smogon
This guy doesn't, lol
The only thing I didn't like about Smogon at first was the fourms. I got used to it though, I don't frequent them as much anymore though.

EDIT:

Damn the whole interface in Soul Silver is so much better.
Last edited by whitenihilist at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by whitenihilist

EDIT:
Damn the whole interface in Soul Silver is so much better.

That's good to hear. They stuck the start menu in the touch screen, didn't they? That just seems like a much more effective way to do it rather than giving us some silly watch with some dumb (and some useful) applications down there.
I like Smogon because I'm a tier wh0re.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
I like Smogon because I'm a tier wh0re.

Im a fan of running my OU team on Ubers. I need to get around to making an UU and a NU team, even though the team making process is SO LONG. It's heart breaking too when you spend 45 minutes making a "perfect" team, only to be swept by a serene grace Jirachi.

DAMN YOU JIRACHI!

<.<

>.>

love you jirachi.
I'm Back.

[STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS]

When Autumn comes, it doesn't ask
It just walks in where it left you last
You never know when it starts
Until there's fog inside the glass around your summer heart
Honestly, Game Freak made this process too ****1ng difficult for me. TOO MANY CHOICES! (a good part of them are NFE or Uber though)
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by whitenihilist
EXP Share?

Yea, but it is not easy. Use Timer balls after a lot of turns of Ultra balls. Dusk balls if it is in a cave or night time.

Okay, a albeit late, I got Soul Silver patched. So far so good, all the important stuff is translated so far, even some of the more story related dialouge. Picked Cyndaquill OFC and named him Toast. =3

Could you PM me the patch/game and brief instructions?
Thank you, if possible.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
im playing through diamond on a no$gba emulator, and ive come across a problem with accessing the pc. everytime i try to open "someone's pc", such as when trying to deposit a pokemon and switch my team around, both screens go black, and the only way of fixing it is to reset the cartridge. as such, im unable to switch anyone out of my team.
has anyone come across a problem like this, and if such, can anyone tell me how to fix this problem, or at least how i can access my pc?
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
Quote by indie_prep
(...) serene grace Jirachi.

DAMN YOU JIRACHI!

<.<

>.>

love you jirachi.
Jirachi is a *****. I hate the damn thing.
Quote by whitenihilist
I wish I had a Jirachi, I could probably replace Celebi with him on my stall team.

But Celebi is a beast to.o

If you need a Jirachi, I got a para flinch Jirachi on my team that I could give to you.
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Jirachi is a *****. I hate the damn thing.

He's my favorite poke IRL, but I hate him with a passion in competitive play. It seems that everyone runs one on their team.

I can't stand people who use him. Or Trickzelf. So frustrating.

/fragment sentences
I'm Back.

[STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS]

When Autumn comes, it doesn't ask
It just walks in where it left you last
You never know when it starts
Until there's fog inside the glass around your summer heart
Quote by ZeGuitarist
^ Or hax teams using both Serene Grace Jirachi and Serene Grace Togekiss. Ugh.

This line of conversation has made me glad that I don't battle competetively. It seems far too complex for my liking.
If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Quote by DigUpHerBones
I love you and think I just about understood what you said. Cheers.

Like Pokémon? Like threads?
Quote by deathsquirrel
This line of conversation has made me glad that I don't battle competetively. It seems far too complex for my liking.
Not much to what I said though. Both Jirachi and Togekiss are often used because of their ability "Serene Grace", which doubles the chance of secondary attack effects to happen. Jirachi has Iron Head and Togekiss has Air Slash, two attacks with a 30% flinch chance, doubled to 60% by the Serene Grace ability. So, they pretty much rely on pure luck ("hax") to KO their opponents, which is annoying.
Thread is kinda dead today. What teams (Competitive or not) Do you plan on using in HG/SS?
I'll either use:
Mewtwo
Blastoise
Typhlosion
Aerodactyl
Heracross
Umbreon

OR

Starmie
Nidoking
Machamp
Houndoom
Amphoros
Yanmega
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Not much to what I said though. Both Jirachi and Togekiss are often used because of their ability "Serene Grace", which doubles the chance of secondary attack effects to happen. Jirachi has Iron Head and Togekiss has Air Slash, two attacks with a 30% flinch chance, doubled to 60% by the Serene Grace ability. So, they pretty much rely on pure luck ("hax") to KO their opponents, which is annoying.

I'm guessing that a fast Pokemon with Trick is a good counter?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
I have a team planned out for HG. It's not meant for Competitive Battling, since I still don't know how to construct a team for that. But I have decided on a team that I want to use to get through the game, based on just wanting to use Pokemon I've never used before. I even have nicknames planned out!

Feraligatr (Jaws)
I bet you saw that one coming.

Sceptile (AutumnLeaf)
Couldn't decide on a Grass-type. So, a friend of mine is going to hook me up with a Treecko early on.

Flareon (Kerosene)
I've never really incorporated an Eeveelution in my team except for one Jolteon in Red Version and a Leafeon in Pearl Version. Same friend from before will hopefully be able to get me a Fire Stone

Sandslash (Razor)
Never actually used a Ground type before. I figure that's a pretty good one. I might use a Marowak instead. It depends on what I can get my hands on.

Crobat (Icarus)
Despite how many Zubat I've ran into while playing Pokemon, I've never used one. So I want to try one out this time around.

Tauros (Bonasus)
Just wanted to fill that last spot with a good Normal-type. Also, never used one before.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Last edited by PhillyHendrix at Dec 10, 2009,
Quote by PhillyHendrix
I have a team planned out for HG. It's not meant for Competitive Battling, since I still don't know how to construct a team for that. But I have decided on a team that I want to use to get through the game, based on just wanting to use Pokemon I've never used before. I even have nicknames planned out!

Feraligatr (Jaws)
I bet you saw that one coming.

Sceptile (AutumnLeaf)
Couldn't decide on a Grass-type. So, a friend of mine is going to hook me up with a Treecko early on.

Flareon (Kerosene)
I've never really incorporated an Eeveelution in my team except for one Jolteon in Red Version and a Leafeon in Pearl Version. Same friend from before will hopefully be able to get me a Fire Stone

Sandslash (Razor)
Never actually used a Ground type before. I figure that's a pretty good one. I might use a Marowak instead. It depends on what I can get my hands on.

Crobat (Icarus)
Despite how many Zubat I've ran into while playing Pokemon, I've never used one. So I want to try one out this time around.

Tauros (Bonasus)
Just wanted to fill that last spot with a good Normal-type. Also, never used one before.

I have never used nicknames. I don't know why, just not a fan of them I guess.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by imafool18

I've only just started using them in the Pearl Version I'm borrowing. Now after doing it once, I feel like I'll have to keep on doing it. It almost gives them personalities. I mean, I now find it weird that everyone else calls it by its species. It's like having a dog named Dog or a hamster named Hamster. It just doesn't make sense.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

Quote by PhillyHendrix
Crobat (Icarus)

I thought the same thing when I played Diamond the first time (as much of it as I played, at least). I was actually pretty impressed with how decent Crobat was.

Quote by imafool18

I hate when you trade in-game and get lame ones, but on some games, I'll just be like, "This is a nickname game!" and come up with some. I actually did that recently on my Platinum game.

Ginger - Rapidash [Obvious]
Luxray - Ramses [It's based on a sphinx]
Garchomp - Boeing [It looks like a damn airplane]
Umbreon - Umbra [Oblivion reference FTW!]
Staraptor - Jesus [Geddit? Raptor Jesus?]
Empoleon - Oswald [The Penguin's real name in the Batman universe]

I also had a Kricketune that I used early on that I named Stradivari due to his violin-like arms.

AÆdit:
Quote by PhillyHendrix
It's like having a dog named Dog or a hamster named Hamster. It just doesn't make sense.

Now I want to get a dog and call it "Dog."
Quote by archangels666
I hate when you trade in-game and get lame ones, but on some games, I'll just be like, "This is a nickname game!" and come up with some. I actually did that recently on my Platinum game.

Ginger - Rapidash [Obvious]
Luxray - Ramses [It's based on a sphinx]
Garchomp - Boeing [It looks like a damn airplane]
Umbreon - Umbra [Oblivion reference FTW!]
Staraptor - Jesus [Geddit? Raptor Jesus?]
Empoleon - Oswald [The Penguin's real name in the Batman universe]

I also had a Kricketune that I used early on that I named Stradivari due to his violin-like arms.

AÆdit:

Ha! Nice nicknames! They're actually pretty clever. Most of the ones I think of are really cheesy. In my Red Version right now my team is:
Wartortle (Jet)
Beedrill (Needles)
Gloom (Shrubs)
Vulpix (Rebme)

If those aren't cheesy, I don't know what is.

Now I want to get a dog and call it "Dog."
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

Last edited by PhillyHendrix at Dec 10, 2009,
Quote by PhillyHendrix
Ha! Nice nicknames! They're actually pretty clever. Most of the ones I think of are really cheesy. In my Red Version right now my team is:
Wartortle (Jet)
Beedrill (Needles)
Gloom (Shrubs)
Vulpix (Rebme)

Well Needles and Shrubs are both definitely cheesy.

But Jet isn't too bad, and I don't really get Rebme...
Quote by PhillyHendrix
Wartortle (Jet)
Beedrill (Needles)
Gloom (Shrubs)
Vulpix (Rebme)

You should catch a Tangela and call it "Pubes".
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by TheReverend724
icwutudidthar

he's pulling the Ekans/Snake Arbok/Cobra trick but with ember

Yup. You hit the nail on the head there. I just caught it today in Study Hall, (there was nothing else to do) and the period was about to end, so I had to think up a nickname quickly. Ended up with Rebme.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

Quote by imafool18
You should catch a Tangela and call it "Pubes".

Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by PhillyHendrix
Yup. You hit the nail on the head there. I just caught it today in Study Hall, (there was nothing else to do) and the period was about to end, so I had to think up a nickname quickly. Ended up with Rebme.

It's all about Firecrotch

/unoriginality
Quote by TheReverend724
It's all about Firecrotch

/unoriginality

Wait... firecrotch...
I should've named it FireFox!
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

Quote by PhillyHendrix

Wait... firecrotch...
I should've named it FireFox!

Quickly! To the name rater!

Though I would've called it Nine, then changed its name to Six when I evolved it, and told myself it was a Hendrix reference.