11 4%
Leopard or older osX
31 11%
Other
0 0%
Voters: 293.
Page 1 of 3
just curious what percentages of OS ppl are running in the pit,

try to not flame eachother plz ppl, everyone to each his own .

poll on its way.

edit/7 for me, stellar os
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Dec 1, 2009,
mac osx 10.5.8 will be upgrading to snow leopard as soon as i feel its been reviewed enough, and wont screw me over like vista did.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 1, 2009,
Vista. Haven't bothered to get 7. Might as well, I can get it for free.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
XP
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

yeah might as well is correct (its awesome )

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

world of difference man. vista is hilariously retarded in it's uselessness. I'd definitely put 7 on par with mac osx (keep in mind i haven't moved on to snow leopard, so it still might not be as good) its a really good system. they fixed everything that was so badly wrong with vista.
Vista, its a piece of shit. I was a stuck with it with my new laptop I bought recently

I get a free upgrade to 7 within the next 6 months so I reckon ill wait until they release a service pack or something.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
XP, nice and simple, apart from the fact that all my icons have, for some reason, reverted back to Windows 98 default and I am unable to change them back. (Only happened the other day.)
Vista.

Would like to upgrade to 7 soon. If I can't, I'd like to try Ubuntu.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by Blackbullet
Vista, its a piece of shit. I was a stuck with it with my new laptop I bought recently

I get a free upgrade to 7 within the next 6 months so I reckon ill wait until they release a service pack or something.

dont even bother waiting for the sp, its quite flawless already

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
yeah might as well is correct (its awesome )

I don't really have any problems with Vista. The only thing that bugs me is shit popping up whenever I plug in my phone/iPod/flash drive.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by rock.freak667
Vista.

Would like to upgrade to 7 soon. If I can't, I'd like to try Ubuntu.

If you try Ubuntu, give 9.10 a try. I usually wait a while when a new version comes out so they can fix bugs and stuff, but no need with 9.10. It's been a dream since I upgraded to it.
I voted Snow Leopard, which I have on my laptop, but the computer I'm using now has XP (home computer)
Quote by JimmyBanks6

Might as well order it now!

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I don't really have any problems with Vista. The only thing that bugs me is shit popping up whenever I plug in my phone/iPod/flash drive.

Its so taxing on the system for no good reason other than to be a prick and make fun of you for buying the piece of crap
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Quote by JimmyBanks6

i'd still wait. i've got an Asus desktop in my family room running 7 right now, and it's awesome so far, but i can't help but feel that eventually something is going to go wrong. it feels too correct. it feels like a mac or a linux os, which im not used to. its probably just my own vista-induced paranoia though
i use seven. its generaly better than vista but the new wmp is crap IMO
Quote by qazzy

really? i like it so much better actually, i find it to be alot cleaner, however i only use it for videos since i have zune software for music

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
i just had problems with shuffling music. it would always stop between songs and the song i was playing gets a little red cross next to it untill i play it again
Ubuntu is alright. I heard other Linux os are better tho
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Quote by Blackbullet
Might as well order it now!

Its so taxing on the system for no good reason other than to be a prick and make fun of you for buying the piece of crap

Yeah, I just have to go to Best Buy with the receipt from my laptop. And it taking so much to run is the only other thing I've noticed.
Quote by lolmnt
imho, it's much better than any other os I've used including OSX Leopard and various distributions of Linux.

Quote by qazzy

I thought the same thing but I use Winamp & VLC anyway so no big deal for me.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by RocknRollRay
Ubuntu is alright. I heard other Linux os are better tho

Really? Cuz I heard Ubuntu was the best. People tell me Kubuntu is much harder to use than Ubuntu.
Quote by skaterskagg1
Really? Cuz I heard Ubuntu was the best. People tell me Kubuntu is much harder to use than Ubuntu.

Yeah it's easy to use, that's why I didn't understand why I was getting all the flames
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
so for those who upgraded from vista to windows 7, is there anything you have to do like backup your files and completely reload everything? what about drivers, games, hardware stuff? would that have any effect? im thinking of upgrading.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by slayer_zero
so for those who upgraded from vista to windows 7, is there anything you have to do like backup your files and completely reload everything? what about drivers, games, hardware stuff? would that have any effect? im thinking of upgrading.

depends, if you upgrade from an identical version vista to 7 then no, (home premium-> home premium)

however if you upgrade the version too, then you practically need to do a new driver/clean install (it does retain installed software in the windows.old file however)

i found my PS and Solid Edge CAD V20 software a month after i upgraded (as well as the windows.old file taking 55gb of memory lol)

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
vista home premium 64 bit service pack 2

windows 7 theme
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by JimmyBanks6
depends, if you upgrade from an identical version vista to 7 then no, (home premium-> home premium)

however if you upgrade the version too, then you practically need to do a new driver/clean install (it does retain installed software in the windows.old file however)

i found my PS and Solid Edge CAD V20 software a month after i upgraded (as well as the windows.old file taking 55gb of memory lol)

I went from Vista Basic to 7 Ultimate and nothing got lost. All my files and programs were right where I left them.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
a modified version of xp that has some of windows 7's eye candy. I dont feel like dual booting and i like to game otherwise id use Slackware *linux*
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Quote by justinb904
I went from Vista Basic to 7 Ultimate and nothing got lost. All my files and programs were right where I left them.

hmm, i dunno how u did that, it wasnt even an option to retain the info when i went from home premium->professional

i dont understand how something running home basic vista would have enough hardware for 7 ultimate either :s:

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
dual booted se7en and Gentoo.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by JimmyBanks6
hmm, i dunno how u did that, it wasnt even an option to retain the info when i went from home premium->professional

i dont understand how something running home basic vista would have enough hardware for 7 ultimate either :s:

I'm running se7en ultimate on some generic uni-core AMD, 1.5GBs of 200mhz RAM, and like a fx5500.

She runs better than she did on XP.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
OS X in the form of my iPhone os, I hardly ever use my computer to surf the web anymore.
Jeff Loomis

Myspace.com/geneticbydesign
Vista, no problems whatsoever. Used varying flavors of linux for a while but went back.

Trying to install Ubuntu Studio 9.10 on my desktop, but the computer apparently can't boot from a DVDRW or a flash drive.
Nope, no sig here.
Page 1 of 3