hey guys, i'm looking for a new cab, my friend from a different band has a mesa cab and i like it, i've played my head through it, and am liking the sounds i am getting. However, i don't know what series it is, what is your preference/suggestion, rectifier, or stiletto? my band plays melodic hardcore misery signals-ish. inb4 gay music, homo, etc etc
thanks!
the rectifier series are bigger. a lot of times called oversized. the stiletto series are smaller, often caled traditional. the rectifier series will have a bigger bottom end, but is often considered muddier. the stiletto series will have a much tighter bottom end. both are loaded with celestion vintage 30s. either will work for your band, just need to decide which one you like best.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
thanks man, i somehow knew the rectifier ones were big, i'm kind of leaning on the stiletto as of now, i just wanted to know the real difference, thanks
With your style of music i think that the tighter bottom end of the Stilleto cabinet would suit you more
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...