has any one ever made a full guitar from warmoth if yes please review the quality for me compared to a cheap gibson like a les paul junior or faded series.

thnx in advance
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
There was a thread on here over the summer I think where a guy made a complete Warmoth guitar. It was one of the most amazing guitars I've seen. If you do a simple search you can bring up the page.
Quote by Naptime
There was a thread on here over the summer I think where a guy made a complete Warmoth guitar. It was one of the most amazing guitars I've seen. If you do a simple search you can bring up the page.

okay
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Maybe not a quick search. I couldn't find it for you. It must not have warmoth in the title, but it was a long thread with lots of very nice pictures. It was like a cross between a les paul, a strat and a prs. It looked gorgeous. Here's a vid of a UG'er putting together his custom warmoth strat for now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRYKJ0k9MFU
Quote by Naptime
Maybe not a quick search. I couldn't find it for you. It must not have warmoth in the title, but it was a long thread with lots of very nice pictures. It was like a cross between a les paul, a strat and a prs. It looked gorgeous. Here's a vid of a UG'er putting together his custom warmoth strat for now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRYKJ0k9MFU

thnx alot man
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Comparing a guitar built from warmoth parts to a Gibson made guitar isn't the best idea seeing as the finished guitars' playability and overall quality depends on your own skill of putting together the parts and being able to set them up so that the axe plays great.

Quality of warmoth parts in general though are usually said to be higher then the companies body shaped they are licensed to copy, although there have been those who have the right to say otherwise.

It's said that warmoth have a stronger scarf joint in their necks.
What warmoth calls AA flamed maple may be called AAA or higher grade by other companies.
The finishing team at warmoth do a fantastic job, although there have been those who dislike the satin finishes.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
I bought a warmoth neck and Iwas really happy with it.

I can't speak for the bodies, but from what I've seen and heard, they're one of the better companies out there.
they are fairly expensive, though..
I'm like james4. I had them do a neck for me. It is brilliant.

I believe DLRocket84 had a tele made for his wife from Warmoth. Maybe he'll see this and let you know.
Warmoth is sexy....

My friend ordered a neck from them for he´s Mexi Strat. The original neck was fair but this is... A bit of speechless here. I mean even though they were made of the same wood and had almost the same tuners, warmoth neck had graph nut but still... You could feel the difference @,@.

Not saying this like they make the best parts in the world, just saying they are good at what they do. Quality parts at a fair price for their work.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
oh tthnx alot ppl i am planning on recreating a gibson les paul special jr. i will use some professional help while i do the electronics so it will turn out good =) thnx alot
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by greendayispunk
oh tthnx alot ppl i am planning on recreating a gibson les paul special jr. i will use some professional help while i do the electronics so it will turn out good =) thnx alot

you can get one of those for bout £599 now think it would work out cheaper to go with the gibby.Cause once you add it all up and then if your looking at professional luthier your gonna push the price up a fair bit,in that case if you optimally wanted the GD (new sound) you would probably be aswell with the Billy J armstrong sig in a sense even tho its just paying for a name imo as i think it would cost a fair load less than getting a pro to build it.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by Razgriz_101
you can get one of those for bout £599 now think it would work out cheaper to go with the gibby.Cause once you add it all up and then if your looking at professional luthier your gonna push the price up a fair bit,in that case if you optimally wanted the GD (new sound) you would probably be aswell with the Billy J armstrong sig in a sense even tho its just paying for a name imo as i think it would cost a fair load less than getting a pro to build it.

rlly were can i get it frm
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
TYPE IN FULL GODDAMN SENTENCES! Please, for the love of God, it's so unbelievably annoying reading chtspk. I dnt lyk rdng stf riten lyk dis.

Anyway, Warmoth may or may not be cheaper, depending on the options you choose.
There's a few things though:

Can you use a hand drill effectively?
Can you solder?
and, if you decide to not have them finish it, can you do a spray finish?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Anyway.... I just built a strat with all Warmoth parts. It came out pretty nice. I especially like
the neck with tall frets. Be very carful when screwing in the tuning knobs into the hard maple. I broke off a screw even after drilling pilot holes. The screws are very small and subsequently not very strong. Overall I would recomend the material as high quality except for that little bastard scew. Damn...

Stratocaster®, Warmoth Pro , Right Handed Handed, Birdseye Maple, Ebony Fretboard, 1 11/16" Nut Width, Standard thin, 6105, Vintage Style (11/32") Tuner Ream, 22 frets, 10-16" Compound Radius, Mother Of Pearl Face Dots Inlay, R4 Flyd Prep,Mtng Hls, No Finish, 25-1/2 in. Scale
1. The SG stands for “solid guitar.”
hmmm ok well i will see it depends where i move to next cause in egypt i cant do shit -.-
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Just picked this up on ebay recently.
Warmoth body and neck. Neck has vintage Fender Kluson style tuners, 'C' profile 1-3/4" Nut, birdseye maple with Brazillian Rosewood 22 fret neck. med jumbo frets. Pre CBS headstock, compound 10-16" fretboard profile. Not sure of the body tonewood yet, probably nothing too fancy as it came with solid black paint. Fender vintage tremolo bridge (blocked with pecan wood). Warmoth 50s pickguard (8 screws, tortoise/white/black/white). Fender electronics with 5 way switch, Rio Grande Tallboy pickups (all vintage white).

Looks really nice, sounds great. I like it a lot.

Shov
it's ok with the antique thread, i hope.
I have a luthier, Brad French fixing it up at ther moment. It seemed to be a special good ax.