Pit, please help. I recently won a 1968 Les Paul copy made by Global guitar company. I havnt been able to find any useful info on it, but if anyone knows its value, it would be appreciated.
Quote by izzygomez
Pit, please help. I recently won a 1968 Les Paul copy made by Global guitar company. I havnt been able to find any useful info on it, but if anyone knows its value, it would be appreciated.

Not very Global..are they. Lawl.

But seriously. I couldn't find your location in your profile. I'm guessing it's probably just a starting company in your country? my guess.

Good luck and congrats.
Last edited by ezza619 at Dec 1, 2009,
nah. im from texas, but registered about 1.5 hrs ago. It sounds big & warm like an LP should, just cheaper.

Edit: thanks! & the guitar itself is from '68, not a 68model
Last edited by izzygomez at Dec 1, 2009,
I've seen the brand before. I'm pretty sure Global is one of the many "lawsuit" era guitars produced during the '60s to the '80s. Loads of smaller - usually foreign - companies started making copies of the well-known Gibson and Fender designs. Many of them sucked, but quite a few of them actually kick ass.

As far as value goes - not much. Not much at all. Unless it's, say, an Ibanez copy, they don't sell well. You won't get much more than a couple hundred or so, if that. However, it may in fact be a totally sweet guitar, so

EDIT: Also, this belongs in the Electric Guitar forum. Just FYI.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Dec 1, 2009,
So you're the guy who bid on that $145 shipped Les Paul style guitar with a wraparound bridge? I was watching that too! Anyway, I can't imagine it would be worth any more than what you paid for it. $150 tops.

While I'm here, Could you please tell me how well it plays? I have a Global nylon string acoustic and although the previous owner practically ruined it by putting steel strings on it I can tell it is a cheap instrument, Seeing that the fretboard is painted and the frets aren't set in very well.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
@ gargoyle-actually, i won it at a local metal show for being the most "hardcore and equally flamboyant mosher alive"
I got a buddy of mine to fix it up, and it sounds big and warm, just kinda cheap. When I put it through my boss acoustic sim pedal, though, it sounds AMAZING
it looks A LOT like that, but with more cherry sunburt tint/natural color to it. Its also littered with autographs and a drawing of a penis from a couple other metal bands around here. Too bad my band didnt play that night