Hey, Can anyone give me tips to help develop my pinky as strong as the ring finger on the fretboard
i guess your best bet is to practise some exercies with metranome
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
More than anything else, just get into the habit of using it. That's the biggest thing of all. If get into the habit of using one finger per fret fingering, then sooner or later it will catch up due to the fact that it is being used just as much as the other fingers. Any lick where the uses of the pinky are 2 16th notes apart (as opposed to 3 16ths as in 3 nps patterns) will give you the best workout of your pinky. Look up Paul Gilberts Piano Lick lesson on You tube. That will definately give your pinky the workout of it's life.
Also, here is a handy exercise that improves the co-ordination between all your fingers.

4/4
  Gtr I
  S S S S S S S S S  S S  S S S S S S  S S  S S  S S  S
|-7h8p7h8p7h9p7h9p7h10p7h10p8h9p8h9p8h10p8h10p9h10p9h10----|
|----------------------------------------------------------|
You can also buy a Gripmaster (I use one at work and regularly exercise my fingers with it). They aren't very expensive.
You could either buy some pinky dumbells or just try to ise it more often and make up an excersise that focuses on the finger
Here's and exercise.
Touch your thumb with your ring finger then release the ring finger and touch our thumb with your pinky and release. Keep repeating this. The faster you can do this the stronger your pinky is. You can actually impress people with it.
Quote by Tony Black
Hey, Can anyone give me tips to help develop my pinky as strong as the ring finger on the fretboard

Keep in mind that you won't really to get your pinky to be strong as your ring finger no matter how hard you practice. The way I view it is that your pinky is just a extention. You just use it to reach notes you couldn't without it. Also if you see someone bending a note or something with their pinky they are usually using thier other fingers to support it. Just practice with exercises (the standard 1-2-3-4 works) and learn songs that have you use it. Most people try to avoid playing with their pinky but it catches up with them in the long run.
Try this (from PG)
E||--8p5h7h8p7p5-----------5-
B||--------------8p6p5h6h8---
G||--------------------------
D||--------------------------
A||--------------------------
E||--------------------------

Just repeat fast.
Hey guys, i have been practicing all the exercises you have suggested and I am using the pinky almost automatically now. Thanks for the suggestions.

TB
Quote by Rocknawe
You can also buy a Gripmaster (I use one at work and regularly exercise my fingers with it). They aren't very expensive.

Have you had success with it? I've always thought about buying one.
I'm a beginner myself and found a really good web site that's helped me quite a bit.

http://www.chainsawguitartuition.net/

Go to exercises / Guitar / Picking exercise #1... (This exercise is what got me started using my "Pinky".) really simple but after doing this for just a few minutes,,, I can "Feel the burn" LOL !!!

I've been on his web site several times since I found it and e-mailed him once for some help,,, he responded the same day... seriously good guy !!! His name is Rob, and I would recomend him !!! (No disrespect to anyone else,,, just found his site first.)

Hope this helps !!!