Does anybody know how to get the Gene Simmons bass sound from the new Kiss album, Sonic Boom?

I've been messing around with my Boss ME-50B but I can't seem to get anything close. I play a Halo custom bass through an Ampeg SVT-450H head.
He plays using a pick, and through some Ampeg amp using a 4x10 cab. Pretty sure he uses no effects. I think his bass guitar is a custom made one, although I forget what it was. He used to use a Ripper I think. Although I don't know what he uses today. I was wondering what he used as well, and I googled it recently and found out. Just google it man.
Quote by gotasmoke
Does anybody know how to get the Gene Simmons bass sound from the new Kiss album, Sonic Boom?

I've been messing around with my Boss ME-50B but I can't seem to get anything close. I play a Halo custom bass through an Ampeg SVT-450H head.

Take a look at this video!! I also like his tone quite alot!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKCPmspnuYE

From what I see in that video, an SVT VR, or maybe just a classic SVT and a vintage Gibson Ripper.
Thanks for the info guys. I'm jamming with the band tonight so I'll try without effects. He probably drives his gain up to give it that dirtier tone. I'll see what happens.