Yesterday i went to a local hardware shop, and I saw these malt paints. I took one and i asked the shop owner it it would fit any type of wood. He told me it would do
Then i told him it was to put a glossy finish over it, but he told me it would be impossible, because it would get all sticky and it would never dry, and also the paint had already some glossy agents

So i thought" This wont do it, im going to have a block of wood, sand it a little bit, paint it, and then put the finish coat over it, so hthis wont do it!"

So, which painting would be the best to paint a guitar, and then to put some coats of glossy finish?

PS: i dont know if i should have posted this in the wood thread, so i posted it here
Last edited by Baraga at Dec 1, 2009,
Automotive paints are best, in my opinion. I have seen some good stuff done with regular spray paint though, the guitar in my sig as actually done with random multi-use spray.

EDIT: THIS might be helpful.
Last.fm

Good Trades:
lp_dude_2 / miketheslut/ kshands / alexmack

Last edited by Steve-Mo at Dec 1, 2009,
Yeah, but i want one that would looks really nice through a glossy finish, will a spray can paint work?

Quote by Steve-Mo

EDIT: THIS might be helpful.

I was trying to find it, but i couldnt, thanks
Last edited by Baraga at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by Baraga
Yeah, but i want one that would looks really nice through a glossy finish, will a spray can paint work?

I was trying to find it, but i couldnt, thanks

When in doubt, check the GB&C Central Hub sticky
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Laquer is nice, but it wont really be shiney enough. Base/Clear coat is very shiney. You can rattle can enamal for your base and spray about 15 coats of clear enamal over the top. Let dry for a few days and go through the sanding process.

Otherwise look at my sig