I have been looking into buying a new electric and i have been looking at schecters they are affordable and from the two i have played sounded pretty good. Im looking at the C1 series probably a C-1 blood moon http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-C-1-Blood-Moon-Electric-Guitar-520219-i1435749.gc
So whats is your guys opinions on these guitars.
Quote by aRandomSandwich
Walk in on your first day cover in butter and flop your knob out on the managers desk, this will show confidence, and your boss like that in a man, he likes that a lot, he also likes his penis in a man... work hard now y'all...

I got the c-1 plus this summer and I love it. I paid $600 for it and couldn't find anything else I liked as well for under $1200. Schecter makes a really great guitar with out the big name price. I don't see my self ever selling this guitar.
Schecters normally have amazing features for the price, on paper.
I've found the build quality and QC to be a bit hit and miss and some people hate the feel of them.
Having said that, I would buy a blackjack atx if I had the money.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I've only ever played one Schecter, it was a Diamond 006. It sounded good, and felt pretty comfortable, but it was way too sensitive. I was getting a lot of extra noise just from touching the strings at all. I have no idea if the C1s are the same way, though, and its possible that the particular guitar I played just wasn't set up well.
They say that in the army, the food is mighty fine.
The chicken jumped off the table and killed a friend of mine.

Oh lord, I want to go home.
But they won't let me go-o
Ho-oho-ohohahohohome. Hey!
Not a big Schecter fan myself, though I have nothing against them either. I'd say that an Ibanez of that price range with similar features would be more reliable.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I've played about every C1 models while I was waiting for my ride. Since I play metal I like the Hellraiser and ATX (I actually hav the Hellraiser). If not metal specified then C1 Hollywood and C1 classic is awesome. The ones I didnt like was Blackjack and Blood moon. I didn't like the neck of the Blackjack but otherwise its pretty much ok. Blood moon was quite terrible. Idk if it was just that one but it seriously sucked. I like schecter n all but that one threw me off... The inlays were literally gonna pop out of the neck. Fingerboard didnt feel right and it didnt sound that great either (Played it thru a ENGL savage 120, so its not the amp). Again it might just be THAT blood moon that is messed up. Overall I like all the schecter models (except the SG like shape, I just happen to not like then) its worth it for its set price.
i was also looking at the hell raiser well thanks guys keep them comin.
Quote by aRandomSandwich
Walk in on your first day cover in butter and flop your knob out on the managers desk, this will show confidence, and your boss like that in a man, he likes that a lot, he also likes his penis in a man... work hard now y'all...

Schecters are really great instruments for the price, the only thing i can say is try them before you buy them. a lot of people love the feel and tone while another lot of people don't, so it really comes down to opinion.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
While I have not been playing for even a week with mine I really like it, I have the Damien 6, I was going to get the C-1 or the Hellraiser but they were too much $. My brother-in-law who plays mainly metal is asking for one for Christmas to replace his Ibanez, he is a good guitar player and after playing mine he really wants one. Also my father in law really likes them and he makes his living off of being in a band if that means anything, they are a blues band btw. Schecters parts are made in China but from what I understand the guitars are actually assembled here in the U.S, and I have read a lot of reviews about people receiving their guitar ready to play because they were properly set up.

As far as construction quality, all the ones in the shop I looked at and mine are spot on. Nothing that jumps out at me or screams bad QC.

Floyd
NON SERVIAM
from what ive noticed with schecters you either love them or hate them, I have a c-1 classic and the c-1 lady luck and honestly the c-1's are probably one of my favorite lines of guitars, they typically have pretty chunky necks so if that's your thing i would go for it, great bang for your buck, very versatile especially with the coil tap http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCDOGpRY_eM
Deals done with:
lfrz93
mmjohn
sure the c-1 models are nice. I got my c-1 plus used and I upgraded the pickups and it's a pretty good guitar. schecter is also coming out with a new lineup for 2010 so i would wait and see what their new models are.
Quote by Winter Tyrant
While I have not been playing for even a week with mine I really like it, I have the Damien 6, I was going to get the C-1 or the Hellraiser but they were too much $. My brother-in-law who plays mainly metal is asking for one for Christmas to replace his Ibanez, he is a good guitar player and after playing mine he really wants one. Also my father in law really likes them and he makes his living off of being in a band if that means anything, they are a blues band btw. Schecters parts are made in China but from what I understand the guitars are actually assembled here in the U.S, and I have read a lot of reviews about people receiving their guitar ready to play because they were properly set up.

As far as construction quality, all the ones in the shop I looked at and mine are spot on. Nothing that jumps out at me or screams bad QC.

Floyd

the Diamond Series guitars (most of the schecters), are made in south korea, and set up in the U S.
Quote by Arterial
the Diamond Series guitars (most of the schecters), are made in south korea, and set up in the U S.

this. there are exceptions. the Omen and 006 series are now being made in china though, but they're still great.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by militantRocker
I've only ever played one Schecter, it was a Diamond 006. It sounded good, and felt pretty comfortable, but it was way too sensitive. I was getting a lot of extra noise just from touching the strings at all. I have no idea if the C1s are the same way, though, and its possible that the particular guitar I played just wasn't set up well.

Agreed militant ... I had the Hellraiser FR ... while I loved the dark tones from the EMG's the guitar was way to sensative ... every touch of the guitar brought noise from the amp ... however aside from that I loved the slim fast neck and playability ... I'm still inclined to buy one again since feel and construction were top notch
Electric: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epiphone 56' Goldtop, Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Acoustic: Martin DX1E
Amp: Line6 Spider Vavlve112 MKII, Line6 Spider III 75
randomhero93 is correct. Schecters are either love or hate. I myself love em. The neck is thick and the guitar is kinda beefy. I like it. IMO Schecters are one of the most beautiful guitars on the market. As far as sound goes.... ummmm... Sounds kinda muddy. I owned 3 Schecters at one time.

Schecter C1 Plus- Sounded kinda muddy
Schecter C1 Elite- Same pickups as the Plus, but It sounded a litte better (could be in my head)
Schecter C1 Hellraiser- EMGs sound like complete garbage IMO.

And last but not least
Schecter C1 Classic- (I didnt own this one) Mannnn. This guitar is AMAZING. The stock pickups sounded awesome for the style I play (metal). Very smooth sounding. But I just didn't like the fretboard inlays.
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
Quote by j37h307
randomhero93 is correct. Schecters are either love or hate. I myself love em. The neck is thick and the guitar is kinda beefy. I like it. IMO Schecters are one of the most beautiful guitars on the market. As far as sound goes.... ummmm... Sounds kinda muddy. I owned 3 Schecters at one time.

Schecter C1 Plus- Sounded kinda muddy
Schecter C1 Elite- Same pickups as the Plus, but It sounded a litte better (could be in my head)
Schecter C1 Hellraiser- EMGs sound like complete garbage IMO.

And last but not least
Schecter C1 Classic- (I didnt own this one) Mannnn. This guitar is AMAZING. The stock pickups sounded awesome for the style I play (metal). Very smooth sounding. But I just didn't like the fretboard inlays.

did you adjust the pickup hight on the hellraiser? im not sure on the emgs my self, lack clarity also are the 81 tw sound the same as the 81 on zacks guitar?
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
Last edited by ksmc at Dec 3, 2009,
recently tried some schecters, and have fallen completley in love, love the neck (not too keen on the bolt ons though)
I have tried the atx fr (they didnt have the non fr one in ) I loved it, the blackouts are amazing, so beefy and very loud (just tried one guitar with passive pups, plugged this in, twice as loud man!)
tried the c1 plus, realy nice feel, but the pups just didnt so it for me, the coil tap make them sound weak and feeble, and rather muddy
the c-7, but tbh I dont really need that 7th string
and a solo 6 coustom, very much like my lp, but 24 frets and insane fret access for the shape
the shop are going to see if they can get a c-1 classic in just for me to try it, i've been gassing it for so long now
so if it comes, and it's better than the others (imo ofcourse) I will get it
if not, I may just have to order a atx non fr, as that was just awesome
though I think the next time I do get down to the shop, Ima try out some of the others, i.e the c-1 and solo 6 hellraisers, and prehaps the white syn custom they have in there
if only they had american prices though, £800 for the c-1 classic, im sure they are, if not less than, $750 new in america? crazy importing and whatnot, ahh well :P

and to op, get to gc if you can and try them out xD
Quote by gilly_90
Schecters normally have amazing features for the price, on paper.
I've found the build quality and QC to be a bit hit and miss and some people hate the feel of them.
Having said that, I would buy a blackjack atx if I had the money.

get that man a drink!! he knows what the shit hes saying
Quote by StankMcGarnagle
Did you guys ever get lucky and have someone die the day before or of your gig and get to promote yourselves with it? Sweet huh?

you need help.

FRANTIC MASTURBATION