Hi guys
I need your help
my PC craped out yesterday when i turned it on saying thata windows file was missingand it couldnt turn on.
it said to perform a Repair with my Windows CD
i did but now it turns on and it's liek EXPLORER thing (task) is missing... i cant see neitherstart bar nor the desktop
it's only the desktop walpaper andi can only open the Task Manager (CTRL ALT DEL) andive looked up in the processes and the EXPLORER is missing
i tried to lounch it through Manager's NEW Task Button but it's not working
Im now on my brothers notebook...

the problem is that i had some important DATA on desktop... i dont mind bout formating and reinstalling the windows but in that case i'll loose my data..
i usually keep the important data in E but ...

so my question is. how can i copy the files from the desktop (ie. C ddrive) to E drive?

can i use the DOS to copy it??

any experience??!
i need some deep explanations

any advice is welcome

sorry for my grammar im kinda mad and writing fast

pleas noe b*tchin pit.. this is reallyterrible for me andim notin the mood

thanx in advance
Umm you could try browsing your files through task manager. Go to 'Applications', 'New Task' and 'Browse', change the type of files to 'all files'. Hope you'll get it sorted out!
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Computer thread dude.

also, just burn a live CD and transfer your files onto a memory stick.

www.ubuntu.com.
Last edited by Stormx at Dec 1, 2009,
Like what? Someone who takes the time to apologise for typing like a moron but still does so?
You could also get it out of your pc and connect it to the laptop with firewire or something.
But then again, you could also install Ubuntu or some other form of linux to copy the files
kthxbai.
Quote by OMGWTFBBQ?
You could also get it out of your pc and connect it to the laptop with firewire or something.
But then again, you could also install Ubuntu or some other form of linux to copy the files

You don't even need to install it. Burn CD, put in tray, reboot. You get a working operating system without it installing anything at all.
Quote by Stormx
You don't even need to install it. Burn CD, put in tray, reboot. You get a working operating system without it installing anything at all.

Then that is the better option, didn't even know that
kthxbai.
eh too bad i knoe nothiong bout linux

hmm ok my major problem of doing what i want via dos is i cant put "space"character .. i need to copy the Documents and Settings folder.. but putting a space mkaes it another command line.. or something.. can you help[ me with this at least??
thnx
tl;dr

Edit: Your grammar is terrible. Is English your first language?

Double Edit: ELLIPSES ARE NOT MEANT TO BE USED AS A COMMA OR PERIOD! RRAAAAAGGGEEEEE!
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Last edited by The Charm at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by vigenharutyunya
eh too bad i knoe nothiong bout linux

hmm ok my major problem of doing what i want via dos is i cant put "space"character .. i need to copy the Documents and Settings folder.. but putting a space mkaes it another command line.. or something.. can you help[ me with this at least??
thnx
Ubuntu has a GUI a monkey with one cataract ridden eye could figure out.

Burn the live CD, boot it, you'll get to a desktop that looks like this:

Click on the places tab on the top:

And click computer.

Was that hard? You don't need to know anything about Linux, you just need to not be a pussy.