Hey I was adviced to clean fretwire with steelwool. But the problem is I live in India there's no way of determining what is the gauge of steel wool. But however I experimented w/ pencil eraser and it shines the fret pretty well. Has anyone tried this? Does anyone experienced think this is as effective?
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
pencil erasers have historically been a good way to rub the tarnish off of metal components. as far as the steel wool goes, the gauge doesnt matter as long as it doesn't tear up the surface... just get something that is soft to the touch - not the real aggressive stuff. either that or a fiber scouring pad. but the eraser should be fine
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
I'm just a little scared of using steel wool. I'm scared I might wear it thin...beside while using the pencil eraser I don't have to put up masking tapes....which can leave a mess on the fretboard.....I don't even get masking tape with the strength mentioned on it
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.