I can't sing and play guitar at the same time. Anyone else have this problem?
Practice, practice, practice thats all you can do.
Start with songs with simple strumming pattern and similar melody on guitar to vocals.
Slow down you're strumming if needs be and maybe just do down strokes at first.
You'll get there with repetition.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
practice dude. took me a good year to be able to sing and play comfortably. try starting with like, some beatles songs and work your way up.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
First learn guitar, so you don't think about it when playing. Then try to sing when playing.
Quote by HiromiBodom
First learn guitar, so you don't think about it when playing. Then try to sing when playing.

Pretty much this.

It's not usually a thing people can just do right off the bat. Learn a simple song that has a simple chord rhythm and start from there.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Count yourself lucky, some people can't even do them separately
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by osXtiger
Pretty much this.

It's not usually a thing people can just do right off the bat. Learn a simple song that has a simple chord rhythm and start from there.

Exactly. Graba simple chord progression -make sure you can change from one chord to another quickly and smoothly (no pausing)- and basically try to make it automatic. You don´t need to be thinking about your playing, so your hands can move automatically and therefore you can concentrate on signing. You need to repeat the chord pattern a lot of times before it comes out unthinkingly. Just keep practicing. You can also try sitting in front of the TV and try to pay attention at what you´re seeing as you play the chord pattern, or you can talk to someone too, as you play it. Just practice