i have a question that is probably very simple but i figer it would be easer to ask then find out myself. i was given a recording program by one of my freind, he doesnt play guitar so i cant ask him, and was looking online at adapters that plug into my computer and somthing i want clarification on. you plug in your guitar cord into the adapter and the adapter into the usb port, right? i always thought that you pluged it into the back of the computer somewere and just want to know i am thinking of this the right way. if this setup is wrong please correct me. thanks
GUITAR >LEAD> 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch adapter line in or mic in input @ back of PC

or get an interface.. an interface will be much better than Directly shoving your guitar into the PC
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
there are usb ports in the front AND back of most computers you know. honestly it depends on the adapter though. i have a line 6 toneport, its a box i plug my guitar into then i plug that into my computer via usb, and can be used with different recording programs too.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
We call these "boxes" INTERFACES... read a few pages and you'll see plenty of ones recommended.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!