I found an old mxr 10 band eq thats from the '70s or so that i could get for a lot cheaper than a new one. Is there any reason that I should spend the extra money and get a new, or will the old do just as fine?
Listen to CKY.
I'd have it on all the time anyway to clean up my lead channel anyway so that's no problem.
Listen to CKY.
i have a vintage 6band... love it... the only downside is you gotta remember to unplug the cable so your battery doesn't die (unless you want to murder the value and install your on DC plug)
I don't think you can shut the old ones off. They are on all the time. So if it's important to be able to bypass it keep that in mind.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by theGlitch
i have a vintage 6band... love it... the only downside is you gotta remember to unplug the cable so your battery doesn't die (unless you want to murder the value and install your on DC plug)

all the old MXR units i've seen had massive dc plugs built into them
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by nightraven
the small MXR pedals (phase 90, d+, 6 band eq etc) ran just on a battery
the bigger ones (4 knob flanger, distortion II, 10 band eq etc) had the built in AC transformer
mxr started putting adaptor inputs on the smaller boxes around the early 80s but not on the clunky pedals

thanks. that confused me for a second (notice my expression of bewilderment, defined as "")
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.