So i went to guitar center on black friday and they were giving out these Epiphone les paul juniors for 89 bucks.. thing played OK.. for 89 bucks thought it was a no brainer, i always liked the guitar to. But defintely want to customize it cause the stock stuff is shit... cant decide between two pickups... gonna either be the Gibson P-94's or the Duncan JB humbuckers what do you all think? I play mostly pop/punk, punk and other styles of rock. also the stock tuners are crap any good tuners i can get that will look good on the guitar in the vintage sunburst? This will be the first guitar that I have actually customized everyhting else i own has just been kept stock.
I had the Duncan Hot Rodded set (SH-2 Jazz model at the neck and SH-4 model at the bridge) in a Gibson Les Paul Studio and I really liked the combination... very versatile. They won't sound the same in your Epi though since it's made from a different wood. The Epi is almost like balsa covered in epoxy (my son has one) while my LP was mahogany.

Tuners... I've always liked Grovers. They're dependable and simple.
go for the p90's. Thats the way the junior was meant to be!
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
only thing about that is i dont think i can put P-90's in there because they wont fit right, i would have to go with the humbuckers sized version P-94
well yeah, I'm just saying, they still have the same tone and whatnot as far as I know. The P-94 is still a P-90 in my eyes Yeah, Grover tuners though too, just like Viking said. If you're feeling really courageous, you could redo the wiring inside, replacing the pots and caps too.
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
i put sperzel locking tuners on mine, theyre great. Also i would suggest getting a new nut, or tuners will be pointless. that plastic nut sucks ass. get a Tusq nut for it and it will hold nice
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.