Page 1 of 2
Seriously.

People say 'close your eyes', but that's not really accurate, as we see that there's nothing there.

But then again, if there's no nerves being fired, then it's just a black image you 'see', right? Or do we need eye receptors to see black?

Discuss.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
you dont 'see' anything. ur blind, dumbass.
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
But we can't imagine not having that sense. But, surely they do have that sense. just no nerves firing signals, so they do see black?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by footsteps7173
you dont 'see' anything. ur blind, dumbass.

Hypothetically speaking, dumbass
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by Simsimius
But we can't imagine not having that sense. But, surely they do have that sense. just no nerves firing signals, so they do see black?

nothingness is always depicted as black, so if they 'see' it, then they 'see'it. u could ask a blind man. makes sense.
Quote by mullet1337
The only thing we see is light, so if you can't take in light, I guess they would "see" the absense of light... Black

But I like the Hippo idea better...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I assume they just don't have the sense, try to compare it to being deaf.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
I assume they just don't have the sense, try to compare it to being deaf.

But that's easier to imagine, as the absence of sensing sound isn't as radical, if you know what I mean.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
You gotta think that nothing, is a thing. It's like, nothing, but it is still a thing. It just doesent exist. But yet it does.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
I think that they would see whatever image pops into their imagination. People with vision see things and perceive them as they see them. A blind person, I would imagine, perceives things and "sees" them in different ways. Some concept is always there. This is why blind people are capable of doing so much. They use other senses as their receptors and can craft images in some way. I once met a blind man who proceeded to feel me to get an understanding of what I looked like and what not. He could not see my features, but upon touching my hands he could understand the basics of my structure.

Remember: blind people are not dead people.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by biga29
The only thing we see is light, so if you can't take in light, I guess they would "see" the absense of light... Black

But I like the Hippo idea better...

They see plum
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
I asked this this blind kid the same question, and he whispered back to me: "I see dead people"
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Depends on whether they were born blind or not.

Somebody who was stricken blind at say TS's age would see the same thing as when you close your eyes. A false image created by your own brain's imagination.

As for blind at birth.. That's just gotta suck.
Quote by Ekofu
Depends on whether they were born blind or not.

Somebody who was stricken blind at say TS's age would see the same thing as when you close your eyes. A false image created by your own brain's imagination.

As for blind at birth.. That's just gotta suck.

This isn't horribly far off from the truth, but it also depends on HOW they are blind. The brain is pretty complicated. It's cool stuff.
Quote by footsteps7173
nothingness is always depicted as black, so if they 'see' it, then they 'see'it. u could ask a blind man. makes sense.
No, many blind people can detect shadows and light. I think it depends on how they were blinded and kind of blindness they have.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
ok now you're either asking what do they see, as in literally is it a particular colour or if you tell them to think of a fork if they imagine it

if you were being literal, then its black. No neurons firing so there is nothing for the brain to interpret (or if its from the brain, again black cause you see things as your brain interprets what you're sent from your eyes - no visual centre, no sight.

as for imagining an object, you can associate shapes without and actual visual image - a blind person still knows what a box would be in specific dimensions and everything but while we may instantly imagine a plain brown cardboard box - they might just remember the number of corners or the sharpness of the edges etc

in resp to "dumbass" guy, in fairness its a bit of a silly question
Quote by thefuzz454
No, many blind people can detect shadows and light. I think it depends on how they were blinded and kind of blindness they have.

Most can in fact. A friend and bandmate of mine has been 100% blind from about 1.5 years old, doesn't even know when the lights are on.
Does anyone find that blind people are a lot more happy go lucky than deaf people?

Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Think of it this way: what you see is the world, right? To a person with a full range of senses the world is colours, sounds and physical sensations.

Imagine you take sight out from the equation, the world doesn't become a formless void, it still has things in it, you just can't perceive them unless you can hear them or touch them.

Thus what I believe blind people 'see' is a sort of sensory map of what's around them, what they definitely know is there. In familiar surroundings like their homes they know where everything is from memory, they must have some way of knowing where things are, so instead of holding a picture of where they are they hold a record of how many steps away things are, what they feel like to touch and what sound they make when you twat your shin on them.
well for a once serious answer

if youv ever passed out and lost your vision, its cuz your blood flow stops and your nerves stop working due to no blood,

its not really black you see, (hard to describe) but a dark blackness but with impurities of tiny splotches of purply-ish .

meh thats what i see whenever i pass out, if u understand me
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by freedoms_stain
and what sound they make when you twat your shin on them.

Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
The actual answer:

Being completely blind is actually really rare. Most 'blind' people can see tiny specs of light or various degrees of colour. So most 'blind' people can still use their eyes, just very very very limited.

That being said, there are those who are totally blind. Most people in this thread say that they see black. Thats not really true.

Blind people see nothing. Black is something, even though we might percieve it as nothing.

Blind people aren't familiar with the concept of sight, so they can't even see black, because to see black, you need to be able to see.
It's so damn hard to imagine not being able to see anything, argh! I think I'm gonna asplode!
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by pwnerer
The actual answer:

Being completely blind is actually really rare. Most 'blind' people can see tiny specs of light or various degrees of colour. So most 'blind' people can still use their eyes, just very very very limited.

That being said, there are those who are totally blind. Most people in this thread say that they see black. Thats not really true.

Blind people see nothing. Black is something, even though we might percieve it as nothing.

Blind people aren't familiar with the concept of sight, so they can't even see black, because to see black, you need to be able to see.

nah your incorrect, they cant just not see anything, theres still a part of their brain made for sight, just because there eyes arent working doesnt mean it turns off.

they see something, obviously since they cant be shown what colours are and what the name of colours are, they cant explain it to us.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by pwnerer

Mindfuck
Quote by JimmyBanks6
nah your incorrect, they cant just not see anything, theres still a part of their brain made for sight, just because there eyes arent working doesnt mean it turns off.

they see something, obviously since they cant be shown what colours are and what the name of colours are, they cant explain it to us.

Not if the visual cortex is damaged, which is often the case for totally blind people. Or if the optic nerve is damaged or not connected properly to the visual cortex/eyes...
Quote by steee21
Mindfuck

yes...
Quote by mullet1337
Well, blind people can't see. I'm sure the tone of black changes cause they always can tell what time it is.
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

Quote by FreakAddiction
Well, blind people can't see. I'm sure the tone of black changes cause they always can tell what time it is.

Maybe they have ways of telling time other than where the sun is?

Quote by JimmyBanks6

Some people have those areas of the brain impaired. Also, without visual stimulation these areas wouldn't be developed as heavily.
Page 1 of 2