so i was in a music store today and im pretty good friends with the manager. he runs a cool band and we talk and ive heard his cds before he puts them on sale and the works. he even gives discounts to me (like letting me put $25 down instead of $70 on a new guitar im paying off)

anyway i made a payment today and asked if he had any job openings. he told me hes looking for a part time sales associate.

now, i need work. but at the same time im heading to minnesota for almost a month starting on the 19th of december. and i dont want a job to ruin that since the whole reason i need money is to go there and check out colleges and spend the holidays with my girl.

so, out of the pit monkeys that work what do you guys think my chances are of scoring this job and possibly getting the trip to minnesota to?

is there any chance of both? im only wondering the opinions of others.

also i got a friend who works part time too at another place and he gets as many days off as he wants, he just doesnt get payed when he takes off. is that common in part time jobs or is that because he works at a place for old people?

im in despirate need of money and ive tried at least 200 different places and ive only gotten one job interview, and i had to turn it down due to the hours they required (im a college student and have classes mostly in the early morning to early afternoon)
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
i reckon tell the guy your problem, then see what he says, you never know, he may hold the job for you until after you get back off your trip
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
I agree with thrash-it-up, have a word with yer man in the shop. He might let you work a few weeks then take the break for college and girl.
You're taking advantage of the guitar shop owners good nature.

He already lets you off on your guitar payments (which is no small gesture) and now he's offered you a job. If you take it then take it, but don't turn around and ask whether you can still have the job but jolly off on your holidays. You'll leave him without a member of staff for a month just so the position is open for you.

Either take the job and cancel the trip, or don't take the job. Show a little consideration.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

I have to agree with this statement. It can be common to leave town for students, and many of them have jobs, but not within a few weeks of hiring.
Before you take the job, ask him if you could work before and after that holiday, if he lets you, take the job. if not,...you decide...
Your friend's position is not common, although depending on the job you might have a certain amount of flexibility in the times you work. You'd have to discuss that with your manager though.

Also, if you're planning on leaving for a month, you'd probably be expected to start work when you return - and you wouldn't be paid before you leave anyway, so I really don't think it'd work out how you think.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

He already lets you off on your guitar payments (which is no small gesture) and now he's offered you a job. If you take it then take it, but don't turn around and ask whether you can still have the job but jolly off on your holidays. You'll leave him without a member of staff for a month just so the position is open for you.

Either take the job and cancel the trip, or don't take the job. Show a little consideration.

This is the most honest answer/best answer you'll get, I'd listen to him if i were you.

Also if your girlfriend is anywhere near a decent one she won't mind if you need to make one sacrifice
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Last edited by padgea7x at Dec 1, 2009,
TS: Tell the dude and see what he says. He seems cool and to like you so he can probably hold the job or you can work there 'til the 19th and get paid then have a vacation to Minnesota and come back.

Quote by homeless-john
The 19th of December is my birthday.

You don't need to thank me.

It's my mom's birthday. Mine is the 20th. I also have a chance of being in New Orleans for a bowl game on my birthday. Or in St. Petersburg for a bowl game on the 19th.
Quote by guitar12
Is this 'girl' hot?

pics?

Coming from napolian dynamite
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by k-train

also i got a friend who works part time too at another place and he gets as many days off as he wants, he just doesnt get payed when he takes off.

Yes, that's what's commonly referred to as "working."
well instead of quoteing half the responses im gonna say it in one post:

if i did get the job and talk to him about taking time off, i was gonna offer to work overtime for a few weeks/months after the trip to make up for lost time, or even just start at minimum wage (if the job isnt minimum wage)

im used to working 10+ hours sometimes. so overtime wouldnt be a big deal considering the semester is ending soon and because of my choices in courses i may only have class tuesdays and thursdays in the spring. (the day i would come back would be the day that schedual started)
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics