ok, so I found a blue schecter c-1 classic 2nd hand (no chance to play it it's a fair bit away) for £250
never played one but heard they are great
I have played a low end schecter blackhawk, and tbh I really rather liked the neck on that
so, should I buy it or not?
(am also rather sceptical about where it is being sold from, a shop rather like cash converts)
description says it's in exelent condition, and I'm going to ask if there is any damage, and on the pictures, whoever strung it did an aweful job
what do you guys think
I mean a brand new one costs £800, and I don't really have that money
and the other schecters I am looking at (c-1 atx, or the solo 6 hellraiser [rather like my current lp, but way better]) cost like £600-£700 new
really rather confused on what do to
any help?
also will the active pups of the atx and the solo 6 sounds good through my vox ad15vt?

cheers
schecter c-1 classic has a horrable neck.

ive owned 4 diffrent schecters and the C-1 has the worst neck.
theres some kind of glossy finish on the neck and when your hands get sweaty your hands stick to the guitar neck!
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by the_white_bunny
schecter c-1 classic has a horrable neck.

ive owned 4 diffrent schecters and the C-1 has the worst neck.
theres some kind of glossy finish on the neck and when your hands get sweaty your hands stick to the guitar neck!

well my westfeild lp (cheap I know, but It plays really good, pups not the best but ahh well) has a glossy neck, I have never found it hard to play on, i've played that thing for hours aswell

though unfinished necks are better, I was concidering an ibby at one point, but they are just too thin and flat for my liking.
If it looks decent and they say its got no damage I'd go for it. I couldn't find one for less than £300 last December so sounds like a decent price.

Is it ebay? If so check out the sellers feedback. And I always ask if there is the option of collecting it in person rather than using a courier - if they say yes its a bit of extra confidence that they are being really genuine, as if they weren't they wouldn't want to be there when you saw it.

Edit: If the postage is reasonable and you don't like it you should be able to sell it again for £250 to £300 anyway
yeh it's ebay, coming from a "cash converter" type shop, hence why I am sceptical
I might be able to get down to a schecter shop tomorrow to try one out (brand new, £799, way too much for me tbh), which is thankful I found one so close (20 min drive away, aprox) as they are few and far between in the U.K
It's worth buying a brand new one....Get a tech to give it a great set up and you'll have an awesome guitar....Just don't sell yours like I did!!
Quote by RossZ88
It's worth buying a brand new one....Get a tech to give it a great set up and you'll have an awesome guitar....Just don't sell yours like I did!!

if I had the money to spend I would buy a brand new one
Don't think my 'rents would let me pay that much for a guitar though, I don't think anyway

could get a atx for £610 off thomann, but I prefer buying in stores, they are £745 in the store I might be going to tomorrow

this makes me hate america, they can get the same guitar for like £350-£400 brand new ($750+)