- D'Addario 9s
Squier Stratocaster
- D'Addario 11s
Kona Cutaway Acoustic
- D'Addario 12s
Kona K35 Amp
Rocktron Metal Planet Distortion Pedal
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
I used to have the other version of the Ibanez RGR321 (actually, the RGR321 appears to have been discontinued for Europe now, though the other version which I had is still being made) and it was quite simply the most horrifically bad guitar I've ever had the misfortune of playing. Poorly made in every single respect and sounded awful.

On the other hand, the EC-50 isn't much good either. The LTD 50 and 256 ranges are pretty poor guitars.

Additionally, neither would be suited for the styles of music you've mentioned. You would be better off looking for a more traditional styled Les Paul or SG, or perhaps a HSS regular Stratocaster.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
I used to have the other version of the Ibanez RGR321 (actually, the RGR321 appears to have been discontinued for Europe now, though the other version which I had is still being made) and it was quite simply the most horrifically bad guitar I've ever had the misfortune of playing. Poorly made in every single respect and sounded awful.

On the other hand, the EC-50 isn't much good either. The LTD 50 and 256 ranges are pretty poor guitars.

Additionally, neither would be suited for the styles of music you've mentioned. You would be better off looking for a more traditional styled Les Paul or SG, or perhaps a HSS regular Stratocaster.

everything he said. those two guitars are made for a different sound to the one that you want
Quote by Iain.Peters
Guthrie Govan. 'nuff said.
Quote by MrFlibble

then what do you think that is the best guitar for the same price? (< £250)
Under £250? Look into Vintage Advance guitars. You can get the Vintage Advance AV1H (Les Paul copy) for about £220 and it's by - by far - the best Les Paul style guitar you can get for less than £600. There's also the AV6P, a Strat style guitar with three stacked P-90s and the AV6H, a Strat style guitar with one humbucker and two single coils, that are good all-rounders and are both around £250.
There's also Vintage's regular (non 'Advance') series of guitars. These are as good as the standard Epiphones/Squier/LTD models and all cost under £200. They have LP copies, SG copies, Strat copies with every pickup configuration, Telecaster copies, PRS copies...

Or, you could look on the second hand market for something like an Epiphone G-400 SG.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.